Audi pre sense and ACC

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
Gig80
Neutral

Audi pre sense and ACC

Post by Gig80 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:16 pm

I guys just a quick question for anyone with pre sense and ACC.
Over last couple of days I have had a couple of issues
1) ACC on motorway near exit slip road it didn’t pick up a stationary wagon ( was actually accelerating) resulting in me stepping on the brakes firmly
2) had a message earlier in the day saying pre sense limited thinking it’s a build up of road dirt as happened during the snow/frost. Anyway was stood at a jnc then accelerated to follow car turning in from other direction, and bam car slams to a hault, I thought I’d been hit and then see my pre sense had kicked in.

A) this warrant a visit to the dealer
B) thoughts on pre sense, potential hazard in the making ?
C) anyone had senor issues? ( had the sq5 pick up objects/signs when going round tight corner but never intrusive)

Thanks in advance

PieterZ
3rd Gear

Re: Audi pre sense and ACC

Post by PieterZ » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:01 am

Has the bumper been off? If so acc will need recalibrating.
At what setting is it, early or late?
If the 2 sensors are fully covered in snow it will probably not work. Had the same experience on my previous car. With the RS I haven’t had enough snow to trigger it.
All black B9 RS4

J88NOG
Neutral

Post by J88NOG » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:49 am

I find it will have a panic if a car is pulling into a filter lane to cross the motorway (and so technically undertaking it as it decelerates). I've had an instance where it has jammed on the brakes whilst over taking an HGV in rain.

Other wise I find the system very good. I had more of those problems in my previous Golf R with ACC, which seemed to be very sensitive.

s4tokyo
2nd Gear

Post by s4tokyo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:16 pm

On a separate note, I was in 'city' traffic this evening and stopped at traffic lights. Suddenly, 3 separate times in space of about 20 seconds, the belts grabbed tight (with throttling tension actuator noise) and the hazards coming on. The car in front of me was maybe 1 1/2 ~2 m away. A bit startling for first time experience - once was enough but 3 times in succession?!:)

It seems that car behind me drove up too close, that's all I could think of. But what's the setting limit so, ...because that can happen all the time in a city.
Pre sense is set at 'late' (activation), so not sure what I can do to prevent re-occurring other than switching OFF.

Anyone on Forum have similar experience? .......... OR might I be looking at a sensor defect?
Current :Sonoma Green. Ext Black Pack, Carbon 'Ext/Eng Cover/Int trim', Sports Exhaust, RS Sports Int., Pana Sunroof, Matrix Lights, Park & Drive Assist pkg., Speed limiter removed, Titanium-Anthracite 20".
Previous : B8.5 RS4 Daytona Gray
Previous : B8 S4 Ibis White

RS4John
3rd Gear

Post by RS4John » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:18 pm

Yeah - that's Pre-sense waking up I think - I've had it do that...get complaints from the passenger seat to like it's my fault...
2020 F3 RSQ3 Std, 400PS, Daytona Grey/black Ara blue interior, Pano, C&S pack, Red calipers, HBA, TP monitoring, 5yr Warranty, Cete AVC, EBC Redstuffs
Gone, 2016 8U RSQ3 Performance
Gone, 2018 B9 RS4
Gone, 2015 8U RSQ3

Gig80
Neutral

Post by Gig80 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:52 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses, going to have a chat with the dealer tomorrow to look at the sensors.

I’ll let you know if they say anything, however I fear that I will just have to get used of these oddities of the new tech

RS Owner
3rd Gear

Post by RS Owner » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:48 am

Gig80 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:52 pm
however I fear that I will just have to get used of these oddities of the new tech
or you could disable it (at least I think pre sense can be disabled in the car menus?)

I have had the warning flash up in the instrument panel but nothing more. I would freak out if the car was to actually brake to halt when I didn't want to.
Also I understand pre sense doesn't operate above 50 mph (85 kph) so maybe that's why I haven't experienced it much. :bigblink:
Current : 2018 F5 RS5 (Let's Fire Up the Quattro)
Gone : 2017 M3 CP
Gone : 2007 B7 RS4 ( :kissmyrings: )

Gig80
Neutral

Post by Gig80 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:14 am

Ha ha I guess I need to put my foot down a bit more then 😜

Graeme4130
Cruising

Post by Graeme4130 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:03 pm

Gig80 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:16 pm
I guys just a quick question for anyone with pre sense and ACC.
Over last couple of days I have had a couple of issues
1) ACC on motorway near exit slip road it didn’t pick up a stationary wagon ( was actually accelerating) resulting in me stepping on the brakes firmly
2) had a message earlier in the day saying pre sense limited thinking it’s a build up of road dirt as happened during the snow/frost. Anyway was stood at a jnc then accelerated to follow car turning in from other direction, and bam car slams to a hault, I thought I’d been hit and then see my pre sense had kicked in.

A) this warrant a visit to the dealer
B) thoughts on pre sense, potential hazard in the making ?
C) anyone had senor issues? ( had the sq5 pick up objects/signs when going round tight corner but never intrusive)

Thanks in advance
I had the presence kick in a few times for no apparent reason on my last B8. It was never a dangerous situation (ie always at low speeds), but I'd be driving through a supermarket carpark, for example, and it'd just jam the brakes on for no reason at all. It did my head in to be honest as I was never sure it wasn't going to do it on the motorway at 90 and cause a crash. I spoke with the dealer, who said they couldn't see any issues
In my B9, it's only kicked in once in 11 months, and it was because someone pulled out in front of me
-------------------------------------------------------
Gone - 11/06 B7 RS4 Avant - black/black (Daily drive & kids taxi)
Gone - 05/13 B8 RS4 Avant - Suzuka grey (Daily drive & kids taxi)
Gone - 01/14 B8 RS5 Coupe - Short term car
Gone - 09/14 B8 RS4 Avant - Misano Red/Ceramics (Daily drive & kids taxi)

Current - 04/18 B9 Rs4 Nardo Grey
ZX10R Race bike - 210bhp and a few skid marks on the seat ;)

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”