Any good offers on these?

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
RS Owner
3rd Gear

Re: Any good offers on these?

Post by RS Owner » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:03 am

My guess is that the OP could get a better deal on a BMW M than the standard ones offered on the web.
What I do know is that BMW M4 production way way way exceeds demand in recent times, so dealers are awash with unsold variants of M4s and you can haggle the dealers into even bigger discounts.
Audi dealers in my experience will not haggle much.
And the M4 is about to be replaced with a new model.
Current : 2018 F5 RS5 (Let's Fire Up the Quattro)
Gone : 2017 M3 CP
Gone : 2007 B7 RS4 ( :kissmyrings: )

kmpowell
5th Gear

Post by kmpowell » Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:26 pm

RS5 Owner wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:03 am
My guess is that the OP could get a better deal on a BMW M than the standard ones offered on the web.
What I do know is that BMW M4 production way way way exceeds demand in recent times, so dealers are awash with unsold variants of M4s and you can haggle the dealers into even bigger discounts.
Audi dealers in my experience will not haggle much.
And the M4 is about to be replaced with a new model.
It would have been better before the 31st of December, because to shift that stock BMW were offering 0% plus another £1500 ontop of the c£14 deposit contribution.

It’s now back up to 3.5%.
'15 B8 RS4 - SOLD

UES
Neutral

Post by UES » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 pm

Nearly new will never be as good a deal as new due to residuals or GMFV the of the vehicle.

Some recent quotes I've received all based on £3k deposit 48 months PCP 8k miles per year.

Audi RS3 saloon, nearly new £748 per month
Audi RS4 nearly new £925 per month
BMW M3 comp nearly new £711 per month
BMW M4 comp Brand new factory build for March 19 plate, £580 per month.

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:42 pm

FaisalJ wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:12 am
Markp wrote: If you are happy to spend 32,200 "renting" a M4 for 32,000 miles over 4 years then do it. It is not a bad price.
It’s bonkers when you put it like that!

I could never stomach the depreciation on a new car.
UES wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 pm
Nearly new will never be as good a deal as new due to residuals or GMFV the of the vehicle.

Some recent quotes I've received all based on £3k deposit 48 months PCP 8k miles per year.

This forum is going to fall into two camps - those who are happy to pay a mortgage sized car payment monthly on a new car, and those who prefer to own their cars rather than just pay a monthly payment on a never ending PCP cycle. I know which camp I fall into!

That RS3 deal is £39k paid by yourself overall, and you hand the car back at the end? And you are only allowed to do 8k a year?

Plenty of 2016 Audi Approved Used RS3s £30k upwards..... The best high street loan deals have a ceiling of 25k. So if you increased the deposit to 5k, quick calc, 48 monthly payments of £550, cars is yours, owned outright.

Another option on a higher windscreen price car where you don't want to put more cash down - you could finance it Audi hire purchase (rather than a PCP) and use the high street loan to fund a 25k 'deposit'. The high street loan is just a personal loan - it isn't secured against the car. So a 39k (windscreen price) RS3- 25k 'deposit' from Sainsbury bank (or whoever) and 14k Audi hire purchase finance

Hope you don't mind my ramblings........ you clearly don't mind used if you were considering a B7. :thumbs:
B5 B6 B7 B9

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:53 pm

Ian_C wrote:
FaisalJ wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:12 am
Markp wrote: If you are happy to spend 32,200 "renting" a M4 for 32,000 miles over 4 years then do it. It is not a bad price.
It’s bonkers when you put it like that!

I could never stomach the depreciation on a new car.
UES wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:27 pm

This forum is going to fall into two camps - those who are happy to pay a mortgage sized car payment monthly on a new car, and those who prefer to own their cars rather than just pay a monthly payment on a never ending PCP cycle. I know which camp I fall into!

That RS3 deal is £39k paid by yourself overall, and you hand the car back at the end? And you are only allowed to do 8k a year?

Plenty of 2016 Audi Approved Used RS3s £30k upwards..... The best high street loan deals have a ceiling of 25k. So if you increased the deposit to 5k, quick calc, 48 monthly payments of £550, cars is yours, owned outright.

Another option on a higher windscreen price car where you don't want to put more cash down - you could finance it Audi hire purchase (rather than a PCP) and use the high street loan to fund a 25k 'deposit'. The high street loan is just a personal loan - it isn't secured against the car. So a 39k (windscreen price) RS3- 25k 'deposit' from Sainsbury bank (or whoever) and 14k Audi hire purchase finance

Hope you don't mind my ramblings........ you clearly don't mind used if you were considering a B7. :thumbs:
There’s also the option of PCP on a <5 year old car via a broker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

UES
Neutral

Post by UES » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:02 pm

No don't mind your input certainly not ramblings my friend.

Maybe I should have explained in more depth, I have a new job which includes a decent car allowance, don't mind sharing its £750 a month on top of my salary. I currently run a Golf R Estate which is leased at one of the ridiculous early deals of £170 a month. My plan was having been offered to buy that car for £19k was to buy it outright and give it to the Mrs for the school run, weekly Shop and bit of fun when required.

I then got to searching for its replacement, considered buying a B7 RS4 before deciding to purchase the R Estate for her, so I then got to looking at new or nearly new with the cars above being on my list which will be funded by my allowance, any work miles I do can be claimed back at 45p per mile and my commute to work is only around 18 miles a day so without being arrogant not really to fussed on fuel costs.

My car or potential car will never be owned by me outright, nor do i want to own it as I'm fortunate to have that allowance so a continual PCP isn't a problem (unless I get sacked, paid off or die of course).

Third option is I get a Citroen C1 for £75 a month and pocket the allowance but that's not much fun...

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Perfect! Awesome position to be in! Keep the Golf R that you've already got on lease privately, and get a Lotus Exige with the new car allowance hahaha
B5 B6 B7 B9

UES
Neutral

Post by UES » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:23 pm

Haha if I could get in it, sure as f**k couldn’t get out of it mate

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:57 am

B5 B6 B7 B9

RS4John
3rd Gear

Post by RS4John » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:09 am

You have plenty of choice - I have a similar allowance myself and 45p a mile but I rarely use the car - taxis to/from the airport are cheaper than parking costs. Don't forget, assuming you are a higher rate tax payer that HMRC take 40% of your car allowance.

For me the right mind-set with a PCP, is to look upon it as a rental - roughly equivalent to the depreciation (numbers work better if you buy 6-12 months old with the first big chunk of depreciation/VAT lost). I've bought cars outright, PCP'd and straight financed them - which ever way you look at it they are a really poor investment and worth three parts of nothing when you want to change along with being an almost unquantifiable liability when they are out of warranty.

Buy new by all means but as per the comment at the top of the thread the initial financial loss is crippling - best avoided.
2020 F3 RSQ3 Std, 400PS, Daytona Grey/black Ara blue interior, Pano, C&S pack, Red calipers, HBA, TP monitoring, 5yr Warranty, Cete AVC, EBC Redstuffs
Gone, 2016 8U RSQ3 Performance
Gone, 2018 B9 RS4
Gone, 2015 8U RSQ3

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”