2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
Rwg
1st Gear

Re: All issues and niggles with the B9 RS4

Post by Rwg » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:17 pm

Hi,
New to forum, mentioned my problem in section B9 year 17_
Anyhow:
Collected new car last Friday, after 9 miles took it back to dealer Lookers Newcastle, Very High Whine, Whistle above 60 MPH coming from passenger room lining.
They kept car three days later I picked up, drove home 60 Mile only to get back in car following day and just as bad.
Told dealer the day I picked up, iwill reject this car if it's not a simple fit thatdoes not involved any dismantaled of interior or panels.
They said it is a minor detail that turned out to be a misplaced sound deadening material in Boot blocking vent caring back Pressure in room lining.

They confirmed today easy fix (Bung blocking vent in Boot), I am taking car back Wednesday, however if not the case I will reject car and request my money back, full Invoice amount. Less the £1000 I paid for detailing prior to collection as recommended by Dealer.
The Sales executive involved in handover is on the case, but sadly it is all to hit & miss.

I had no option sadly to let Audi know How i felt when I recieved the email on How my purchase went, I could not in any part of questionaire give 5 Stars, 2_3 at best.
Anyhow Wednesday is my last Hope, if not right I will be leaving car with dealer and train home.
Wish me luck
Paul

PieterZ
3rd Gear

Post by PieterZ » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:19 pm

I hope all works out Paul, fingers crossed.
Thanks for posting, it may always help other owners solving things.
All black B9 RS4

Markp
5th Gear

Post by Markp » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Rwg wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:17 pm
Hi,
New to forum, mentioned my problem in section B9 year 17_
Anyhow:
Collected new car last Friday, after 9 miles took it back to dealer Lookers Newcastle, Very High Whine, Whistle above 60 MPH coming from passenger room lining.
They kept car three days later I picked up, drove home 60 Mile only to get back in car following day and just as bad.
Told dealer the day I picked up, iwill reject this car if it's not a simple fit thatdoes not involved any dismantaled of interior or panels.
They said it is a minor detail that turned out to be a misplaced sound deadening material in Boot blocking vent caring back Pressure in room lining.

They confirmed today easy fix (Bung blocking vent in Boot), I am taking car back Wednesday, however if not the case I will reject car and request my money back, full Invoice amount. Less the £1000 I paid for detailing prior to collection as recommended by Dealer.
The Sales executive involved in handover is on the case, but sadly it is all to hit & miss.

I had no option sadly to let Audi know How i felt when I recieved the email on How my purchase went, I could not in any part of questionaire give 5 Stars, 2_3 at best.
Anyhow Wednesday is my last Hope, if not right I will be leaving car with dealer and train home.
Wish me luck
Paul

I hope it is just a bung - for everybody's sake.

PS: I am so glad I don't sell cars for a living ;)

Rwg
1st Gear

Post by Rwg » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:16 pm

Many Thanks, will keep you informed.

Rwg
1st Gear

Post by Rwg » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:47 pm

Well, I am back regarding High Pitch Whistle in car from day1
Called back to dealer this morning as programmed only to be told not booked in do I wish to arrange Spot! Barking mad now, told her she keep car I wish to reject motor, showed her email from last Week with Confirmation. Then tech was asking same questions and aiming to re arrange (124Mile return trips) not going to happen.

Anyhow I went as arranged with some good news on my behalf I did a few Checks at weekend and found passenger Windows, though closed moved a further 3-4mm if switch opperrated again then noise disappeared.
Apparently the Windows mechanism needed re setting to identify full closeure.
They had Two days with car and said a Bung in Boot, I am numb thinking How basic could it have been, the car was unbearable over 55 on way to dealer this morning but perfect on way back. Two minuites to fix while there.
Technicians not sure, this should have been first line of approch by work Shop surley but now satified. Trust no issue with Windows failing, not a Great deal of confidence with technical side. Thanks to Technicians Jason today for resetting Windows
RS4 what a car, I still have my Jaguar xj8 since new 02, only 42k on clock and I Think the Rs will be a long timer

PieterZ
3rd Gear

Post by PieterZ » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:19 pm

Quite a relief it was an easy fix!
A car stands or falls by the ones who service it...
Have fun with the RS!
All black B9 RS4

johnnydog
3rd Gear

Post by johnnydog » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:39 pm

Rwg wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:17 pm
Hi,
Less the £1000 I paid for detailing prior to collection as recommended by Dealer.
Paul
£1000 for detailing.....?????😯😯 I wonder why they recommended it....🤔🤔?

Rwg
1st Gear

Post by Rwg » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:37 pm

I will try to relate as close as possable How conversation went when finalising purchsae.
Salesman, Have you considderd having car proffessional valeted (Detailed) Can recommend it their is a few local details.
I asked, Why!
Salesman, our valet is not particulaly good, not for this price Mark. Highly recommend
I felt strange at this time but opted to go for it, £800 + VAT. Having had it done and having washed car since. I can see the difference to my other Cars when washing.

davis1888
Neutral

Post by davis1888 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:54 pm

What did they do for the £800 + VAT? If it was a reputable detailer who did a full paint correction (most new cars are a shambles paint wise when they come out the factory) and a high quality ceramic coating then it’ll be money well spent.

A lot of dealerships now retain the services of a reputable detailing company to offer this as a value add and make a little margin on top.

Rwg
1st Gear

Post by Rwg » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:35 pm

DDB Newcastle
Yes they did a good job taking wheels off and taking wheels offtreating.wash's up well 9 year warranty but not sure what I Think off that.

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”