DRC issues

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
PieterZ
3rd Gear

Re: DRC issues

Post by PieterZ » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:16 pm

Gig80 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:03 am
Hi just in with Audi at the moment to look at the DRC and being told the following:
In comfort there will be some sound of knocking due to setting
Unless there has been a substantial guild loss it won’t be DRC

I’m I being fobbed off in both counts as it feels like I am to me.
That’s a load of crap. If so, why doesn’t it rattle when new?
All black B9 RS4

PieterZ
3rd Gear

Post by PieterZ » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:59 pm

I just got mine back from AZ Leverkusen.
They replaced both actuators, and there are no more rattles or noises.
Nor in dynamic, nor in comfort.
It was fixed in 1 day. I was confirmed this issue happened on other cars too.
Head salesman had it on his RS5.
All black B9 RS4

Rs4Belgium
Neutral

Post by Rs4Belgium » Fri May 31, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi,
after 5 BMW's I switched to an RS4 B9 few months ago, and till now (15000 km) I missed my car already more then 5 weeks in total... due to DRC valve problems (changed already twice+ 2 front dampers), losing pressure with a very wiggling driving handling as result.
Next week my RS will go to Dieteren (the Belgian VAG importer), so they can solve the problem hopefully.
As reading this forum I get really worried my RS suffer a common problem that Audi is not able to solve well..
keep you all posted.

PieterZ
3rd Gear

Post by PieterZ » Fri May 31, 2019 7:16 pm

I have the feeling Belgian dealers are incompetent and overpriced. At least in Limburg.
I used to run a VW in the past.
Delorge group is now getting a monopoly by buying them all out.
I gave them a chance to quote me a price but that was over 20% more than I paid in Germany
I have mine maintained where I have bought it, an hours drive for me at Audi Zentrum Leverkusen.
They are an RS point and have loads of RS products they sell, so mechanics are used working on it.
My DRC issue was solved in 1 day and so far all is ok.
All black B9 RS4

Rs4Belgium
Neutral

Post by Rs4Belgium » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:21 am

small update... after 2 weeks without my RS4 ( @Belgian importer Dieteren now) they informed me they will replace both actuators and 1 shockabsorber. This is exactly what they did 4 weeks ago... ohhh help!! new car 5 months and already in total 6 weeks in garage...:(

PieterZ
3rd Gear

Post by PieterZ » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:05 pm

Could also be a damage hose due to impropper fitment at the factory or when first replaced.
Have them check that too!
It should get resolved but they shure do take their time.
I hope they at least gave you a decent courtisy vehicle.
All black B9 RS4

c99
Neutral

Post by c99 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:06 pm

So after 3,5 years and 40 000km I have problems with DRC too, noises from rear like something beats to the floor and front right and rear left bumper is noticeably softer.
Service has told me I will be with no car for longer time. They must find it, record it, send it to the Audi importer, wait for warranty agreement, order parts and repair it. :audibash:
RS5 2.9TFSI

simundo777
2nd Gear

Post by simundo777 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:16 am

Had my B8 for 2 months before DRC issues.

Safe to say when I bought my B9 I chose a car without it. I do think the problems seem to be with the older cars but just didn't want the hassle despite the benefits it brings.
Current: B9 RS4 Navarra Blue
Gone: B8 RS4 Nogaro Edition. BMW 1M. Cayman 981S. E90 M3. E46 M3 CS

c99
Neutral

Post by c99 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:53 pm

I have my car back, there was small leakage on a hose near rear left shock absorber and due to low pressure for longer time there was bad actuator too. All done under warranty
RS5 2.9TFSI

Avantgarde
2nd Gear

Post by Avantgarde » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:53 pm

After issues with B7 RS4 DRC, I’ve never considered DRC on any RS since.

s4tokyo
2nd Gear

Post by s4tokyo » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:16 pm

c99 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:53 pm
I have my car back, there was small leakage on a hose near rear left shock absorber and due to low pressure for longer time there was bad actuator too. All done under warranty
I have something 'similar'.
Several months back I walloped the front passenger wheel - running over a tire stop in car park at speed. (Don't ask).

Apart from the wallop, everything seemed ok at the time, ....until recently I notice the knocking in rear trunk, which I now have learned is one of the 2 DRC Accumulators.

I've been left to understand that affected Accumulator to FR-L/RR-R circuit should be fine, since leak is observed 'at FR-L shock'. The latter needs to be fully replaced according to Audi, not just the hose & connect portion, [and then the circuit vacuumed, filled and 'balanced' to the diametric opposite FR-R/RR-L circuit].

The cause for DRC leak in my case seems different to most, but sharing FWIW ......in case anyone else walloped their DRC shock :) .....and later developed Accumulator rattle;)
RS4 DRC FR-L showing leak.jpg
RS4 DRC FR-L showing WITH leak
RS4 DRC FR-R showing NO leak.jpg
RS4 DRC FR-R showing W/OUT leak _ref only
DRC schematic_ RS7 Reference.jpg
DRC schematic _ RS7 ref only
Current :Sonoma Green. Ext Black Pack, Carbon 'Ext/Eng Cover/Int trim', Sports Exhaust, RS Sports Int., Pana Sunroof, Matrix Lights, Park & Drive Assist pkg., Speed limiter removed, Titanium-Anthracite 20".
Previous : B8.5 RS4 Daytona Gray
Previous : B8 S4 Ibis White

Markp
5th Gear

Post by Markp » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:28 pm

If pressure drops, for whatever reason, the valve / accumulator will eventually fail too. So if pressure low and leak / damper repaired you need accumulator too.

s4tokyo
2nd Gear

Post by s4tokyo » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:48 am

Markp wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:28 pm
If pressure drops, for whatever reason, the valve / accumulator will eventually fail too. So if pressure low and leak / damper repaired you need accumulator too.
Thanks for that feedback. I don't want this to end up being an in&out and then again in&out 'boomerang repair' job :(
I'll push back at Dealer to see whether they also intend to replace Accumulator, or if not why that seems to be unnecessary?
I note comment by 'c99' above also, which aligns w/what you are saying.

R.
Current :Sonoma Green. Ext Black Pack, Carbon 'Ext/Eng Cover/Int trim', Sports Exhaust, RS Sports Int., Pana Sunroof, Matrix Lights, Park & Drive Assist pkg., Speed limiter removed, Titanium-Anthracite 20".
Previous : B8.5 RS4 Daytona Gray
Previous : B8 S4 Ibis White

Markp
5th Gear

Post by Markp » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:53 pm

s4tokyo wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:48 am
Markp wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:28 pm
Thanks for that feedback. I don't want this to end up being an in&out and then again in&out 'boomerang repair' job :(
I'll push back at Dealer to see whether they also intend to replace Accumulator, or if not why that seems to be unnecessary?
I note comment by 'c99' above also, which aligns w/what you are saying.

R.
I had 5 accumulators on my C7 RS6 before they sorted the problem with the dampers and falling pressure.

quattro
Neutral

Post by quattro » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:22 am

Hi all,
I’m jumping in the 3D because my RS4 FL my2020 makes some rattling from the back. I thought it was the boot floor or the trunk cover but reading here makes me thin it could be a DRC problem. The right rear suspension makes a lot of noise when hitting road bumpers very slowly.
In addition to that there s a strange noise, like a water pump activating but I believe thats linked to the sport exhaust opening/closing valve. Not standard and to be fixed but probably not linked to DRC.
However, everything very annoying.

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”