Cycling modes every ignition cycle?

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
Terminator_X
3rd Gear

Cycling modes every ignition cycle?

Post by Terminator_X » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:27 pm

In my RS3 you didn't get the pops, bangs etc unless you cycled round to Dynamic every time eg car defaults to "comfort" at startup. Not even sport gearbox sorted it, it had to be cycling modes.

The RS4 (certainly mine) is much more "refined" and doesn't pop, bang etc so do you think Dynamic still loads a specific map or can we just leave it how we left it at ignition off?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Cycling modes every ignition cycle?

Post by MikeFish » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Are the valves opened when you start it in Dynamic? I thought the RS3 would start in dynamic but the gearbox was in D rather than S which makes the engine mapping and exhaust valves become comfort but pulling the gear lever back into S changed it all back again. I thought the only difference was that if you went back into D then the valves closed again unlike proper dynamic.

Terminator_X
3rd Gear

Re: Cycling modes every ignition cycle?

Post by Terminator_X » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:02 pm

In the RS3 Mike it was definitely a map loaded when you selected dynamic from ignition on vs say if you just left it in dynamic at "off" restarted later and just selected sport gearbox it didn't make all the noises upon downshift etc.

I'll check the 4 to see if valves stay open at ignition on (in dynamic) if left that way at ignition off.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”