Suzukagrau Metallic

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
Iannorwich
Neutral

Suzukagrau Metallic

Post by Iannorwich » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:46 pm

New colour on the Configurator, is this the “Storm Tropper” white?

rjwojcik
2nd Gear

Re: Suzukagrau Metallic

Post by rjwojcik » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:59 pm

:shock: £2,400

Wish they did some more reasonably priced colurs
Current:
2018 RS4 - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:03 pm

Iannorwich wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:46 pm
Suzuka Grey Exclusive? Any colour is available if your pockets are deep enough! :thumbs:
B5 B6 B7 B9

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:05 pm

What I don't understand is how they decide it should be so much money for this model.
I didn't think it was an 'exclusive' colour on all models?
It's just a money making scam, just because they can!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:06 pm

Ian_C wrote:
Iannorwich wrote:
Suzuka Grey Exclusive? Any colour is available if your pockets are deep enough! :thumbs:
Exactly, if you are going to pay that much money at least have a special or different colour.

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:23 pm

noidea wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:06 pm
Ian_C wrote:
Iannorwich wrote:
Exactly, if you are going to pay that much money at least have a special or different colour.

Kingfisher Blue, Cornflower Blue, Byzanz Purple, Velvet Purple, Venetian Violet. :smile_smoking:
B5 B6 B7 B9

kmpowell
5th Gear

Post by kmpowell » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:47 am

noidea wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:05 pm
What I don't understand is how they decide it should be so much money for this model.
On the production line for the RS4 the paint tooling is setup with the colours from the palette given to that specific model. If a RS4 is specced with Exclusive/Individual paint then it goes into a separate process. They are painted totally separately from the standard production run, and paints have to loaded into fresh tooling, which is why it's all costlier.
'15 B8 RS4 - SOLD

noidea
3rd Gear

Post by noidea » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:01 am

kmpowell wrote:
noidea wrote:
On the production line for the RS4 the paint tooling is setup with the colours from the palette given to that specific model. If a RS4 is specced with Exclusive/Individual paint then it goes into a separate process. They are painted totally separately from the standard production run, and paints have to loaded into fresh tooling, which is why it's all costlier.
I guess they have to start with a set of colours as you say.
I suppose we will see more colours added to the list as time goes by.

kmpowell
5th Gear

Post by kmpowell » Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:14 am

noidea wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:01 am
kmpowell wrote:
noidea wrote:
I guess they have to start with a set of colours as you say.
I suppose we will see more colours added to the list as time goes by.

It’s likely you won’t see atandard colours added, only swapped/renamed at various MY lifecycle updates.

The exclusive colours on the configurator are just suggestions. Exclusive means you can have any current colour from the Audi range or you can request a colour from another manufacturer. Any other Audi colour doesn’t need approval, other manufacturer colours need approval from Audi AG.
'15 B8 RS4 - SOLD

Madelvic
3rd Gear

Post by Madelvic » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:35 pm

kmpowell wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:47 am
noidea wrote:
Makes some sense but for some of the so called exclusive colours will be more common options on other cars.

My B8 is Suzuka Grey and it wasn’t an exclusive. It is fairly rare but I do see other VAG products in this colour
Macan GTS
Boxster S
Previously
Audi RS4 B8
Audi S4 B8
Audi S4 B6
Nissan GTR,
Lotus Elise 111R,
Caterham,
Golf GTi Mk 1, Mk 2, Mk 3, Mk 4, VR6,
Various SAAB Turbos
Peugeot 205 GTi,
RS2000

kmpowell
5th Gear

Post by kmpowell » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Grittle wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:35 pm
kmpowell wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:47 am
noidea wrote:
Makes some sense but for some of the so called exclusive colours will be more common options on other cars.

My B8 is Suzuka Grey and it wasn’t an exclusive. It is fairly rare but I do see other VAG products in this colour
You're thinking of this too literally/simply. On its own, Suzuka Grey is not an "exclusive colour", it's only an exclusive colour when applicable to the RS4 because the RS4 is not available in Suzuka Grey in the normal RS4 colour palette. The same goes for Ara blue, it's not an exclusive colour on the RS3/TTRS because it's in the standard colour palette, but it is an exclusive colour when applied to the RS4.

Personally I think Audi made a balls up when they dropped the 'Individual" name. "Individual" used to mean ANY colour from the Audi Range, and "Exclusive" was non-Audi colours. For some unknown reason, Audi decided to merge the two things into one, which I think causes the confusion.
'15 B8 RS4 - SOLD

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”