Back in the fold!

2.9 V6 24v TFSI - 444 bhp
zainster
2nd Gear

Back in the fold!

Post by zainster » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:40 pm

Hi All,

I owned a B7 RS4 about 7 years ago now. Great car but being a serial car changer, I knew I wasn't going to hold on to it no matter how much I tried!
Enjoyed some great cars but it was time to move to something practical yet still fun to own.

I started out looking for a B8 RS4 late last November but just couldn't find what I was looking for and then earlier this year I started to turn my attention to the B9 RS4 and more recently to also include the C7 RS6 Performance. However, an incredible looking B9 came up for sale - spec is stunning with just over £22k of factory options and £6k of aftermarket upgrades, I knew I just had to have it! I was the 3rd person to call within the first hour of the advert going up but I didn't ask to have a video presentation or pictures sent over, I just wanted to get the refundable deposit paid and then deal with everything after in my own time! lol

Initial impressions - Plush, smooth and refined, its a great place to be! The sound to my ears at least is fantastic! (Thanks Milltek!) haha. It recently had 4 new P Zeros all around but as the car is on spacers it should have had a wheel alignment done too but that was missed so needs doing.

So the spec is: (includes aftermarket mods too)

2018 RS4 Avant 35k miles FASH
Misano Red Pearlescent Paintwork
20" Audi Sport Forged wheels replaced by 20" Gloss Black Concaver CVR2 alloys in Gloss Black
Panoramic Glass Sunroof; Sliding & Tilt
Gloss Black Exterior Styling Package
Privacy Glass with Front Acoustic Double-Glazing
RS Brake Calipers; Red
Gloss-Black Audi & RS4 Badges
Top Speed restriction increase to 174MPH
RS Sports Exhaust System replaced with Milltek Non-Resonated Exhaust - Race Valves controlled via Drive Select)
Carbon-Fibre Engine Bay Package
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System; Individual Pressure & Temperature
Auto Dimming, Folding & Heated Door Mirrors with Memory Function
RS Sports Suspension Plus with Dynamic Ride Control; DRC
RS Dynamic Steering
RS Matrix LED Headlights
Comfort & Sound Package
Darkened RS-specific Front & Rear Lights Clusters
Anthracite Aluminium Race Interior Inlays
Audi Phone Box with Wireless Phone Charging
Heated Front & Outer Rear Seats
Quattro Door Entry Beam; Front & Audi-Ring Entry Beam; Rear
Electrically Adjustable Front Seats with Memory Function for Drivers Side
Rail System with Load-Securing Kit; Telescopic Bar & Securing Straps to divide rear luggage compartment
Storage Package
Extended LED Interior Lighting Pack; Multi-Coloured
RS Design Alcantara Red Interior Styling Package; Audi Exclusive (Steering Wheel in Alcantara with Crescendo Red Stitching, Gear Selector in Alcantara with Crescendo Red Stitching,
Centre Console Sides in Alcantara with Crescendo Red Stitching)
RS Embossed Logo Exclusive Floor Matts with Crescendo Red Stitching
Seatbelts with Black with Crescendo Red Edging
Doorcard Armrests in Nappa Leather with Crescendo Red Stitching
Advanced Key; Keyless Entry & Exit w/ Push Start & Stop
Hands-Free Boot Lid Release
Heads-Up Display
Driving Assistance Package; Tour
Adaptive Cruise Control; Automatic Distance Regulation with Stop & Go function
Traffic-Jam Assist
Pre-Sense Front & Collision Avoidance Assistant
Traffic Sign Recognition (Camera-Based)
Turn-Assist
Active Lane Assist
Predictive Efficiency Assistant
Parking Assistance Package; Advanced (360Degree Surround View Camera; Wide Angle Cameras around the entire vehicle with ‘bird’s-eye-view’ display to help parking).
Audi Pre-Sense Basic
Audi Pre-Sense Rear
Park Assist (parking spaces help and parallel parking)
Audi Side Assist with Blind Spot Indicator
Cross-Traffic Assist Rear
Exit warning
RS Super Sport Seats in Black Fine Nappa Leather w/Crescendo-Red Diamond Quilting
Electrically Adjustable Front Seats w/Pneumatic Adjustable Bolsters
Massage Function Front Seats with Electric Lumbar Support
Extended Leather Package; Doorcard Armrests & Kneepads
Audi Side Assist with Blind Spot Indicator; Aids driver when changing lane with yellow light in the door mirror
Audi Satellite Navigation Plus (8.3inch 3D Display with Touch Entry)
Audi Smartphone interface (Apple CarPlay & Android Auto)
High Beam Assistant
Door Sills Illuminated RS4 Logo
Audi Connect 4G SIM Card to access Google Earth & WiFi Hotspot
Electric Folding, Adjustable & Heated Door Mirrors
Power Operated Tailgate
Pre-Sense City
Maxton Designs Bodykit; Front Splitter, Side Skirts, Rear Diffuser & Spoiler Cap
Privacy Glass; Rear Tinted
Gloss Black Wrapped Roof
15mm Hubcentric H&R Wheel Spacers; Rear
LED Dynamic Swooping Wing Mirror Indicators
Autowatch Ghost 2 Immobiliser
Steering Wheel Mounted Engine Start & Drive-Select Buttons; Non-Functional (Audi R8 wheel)

Finally, some pics from pick up day and where its been resting since coming to its new home. Its still waiting for its first wash from its new owner but it hasn't stopped raining since I bought it?!

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by zainster on Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current: B9 RS4 Avant
Previous Audis: B7 RS4 Avant, Mk3 TTS, Mk1 TT Quattro Sport 240

Spaceman_RS4
3rd Gear

Re: Back in the fold!

Post by Spaceman_RS4 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:39 pm

Nice one, I two had a b7 rs4 about 8 years ago and have this week bought a misano sport edition b9 it’s also great to be back.
Ordered b9 S4 Avant ibis white
Panther black 8V RS3
Misano Red B7 RS4 Saloon

zainster
2nd Gear

Post by zainster » Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:11 pm

Spaceman_RS4 wrote:Nice one, I two had a b7 rs4 about 8 years ago and have this week bought a misano sport edition b9 it’s also great to be back.
Congrats! And Misano for the win!

I had a Mk3 TTS after my B7 but found it so boring and it put me off Audi for awhile. Enjoyed Porsche ownership and would still be in the 718 Cayman GTS - needed to release funds for home projects so needs must but this isn’t a bad compromise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elchet
2nd Gear

Post by elchet » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:13 pm

Stunning car! Pretty sure that's fully loaded on original options, minus heated steering wheel (alcantara flat bottom is way nicer anyway), ceramic brakes, and carbon fibre styling inside and out which would have been the only other way to push the price up.

I'd be interested to see what that Extended Leather refers to. I think that's just standard to have leather on those bits.

Surprised it's not been remapped given everything else!
2018 B9 RS4 Daytona Grey

zainster
2nd Gear

Back in the fold!

Post by zainster » Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:34 pm

elchet wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:13 pm
Stunning car! Pretty sure that's fully loaded on original options, minus heated steering wheel (alcantara flat bottom is way nicer anyway), ceramic brakes, and carbon fibre styling inside and out which would have been the only other way to push the price up.

I'd be interested to see what that Extended Leather refers to. I think that's just standard to have leather on those bits.

Surprised it's not been remapped given everything else!
Thank you! I haven't stopped looking at it though I really should give it a wash soon but it was raining on my 4 hour journey home and it hasn't stopped raining in the half week I've owned it?!

Haha yes, I think that is all that its probably missing - it has the carbon fibre engine cover interestingly but no other carbon bits so perhaps Carbon fibre was a guilty pleasure for the original owner?! :-P Agree on the mods, maybe like the Carbon bits, he/she liked to stop just short of making it a complete set to justify they haven't gone 'totally' crazy on the options?! haha then again 450hp isn’t to be sniffed at!

RS4John
3rd Gear

Post by RS4John » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:29 am

:audibash: Congratulations!

Mine was Misano too - looks fabulous when clean.

The Carbon Fibre engine cover is, sadly, no more than a self-adhesive plastic film - that looks like the real thing, but isn't. We found out when a few have bubbled up in the intense heat of the engine bay.. :shock:
2020 F3 RSQ3 Std, 400PS, Daytona Grey/black Ara blue interior, Pano, C&S pack, Red calipers, HBA, TP monitoring, 5yr Warranty, Cete AVC, EBC Redstuffs
Gone, 2016 8U RSQ3 Performance
Gone, 2018 B9 RS4
Gone, 2015 8U RSQ3

zainster
2nd Gear

Post by zainster » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:17 am

RS4John wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:29 am
:audibash: Congratulations!

Mine was Misano too - looks fabulous when clean.

The Carbon Fibre engine cover is, sadly, no more than a self-adhesive plastic film - that looks like the real thing, but isn't. We found out when a few have bubbled up in the intense heat of the engine bay.. :shock:

Thanks! It was either Nogaro Blue or Misano Red for me with the black pack styling. I found a Nogaro but it was limited in spec and while umming and ahing over it, this Misano popped and it was a no brainer! haha

So did your local Audi dealer tell you its fake carbon fibre cover or was it from official Audi literature? I only ask as the Carbon Fibre engine bay package was a £500 option so I would think a very many people would have cause for a refund as that would be false advertising right?

Rusty Racer
3rd Gear

Post by Rusty Racer » Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:25 pm

Excellent car and a fantastic spec!
I have the carbon edition which includes the engine cover, mine has a raised section of carbon on it, not a transfer.
However I had to glue it back on as the fixing tabs were broken (no doubt when it was removed roughly).
Could also be caused by the insane heat - be careful if you want to remove it after a good blast lol
2018 RS4 B9 Carbon Edition
2014 RS4 B8

zainster
2nd Gear

Post by zainster » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:17 pm

Rusty Racer wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:25 pm
Excellent car and a fantastic spec!
I have the carbon edition which includes the engine cover, mine has a raised section of carbon on it, not a transfer.
However I had to glue it back on as the fixing tabs were broken (no doubt when it was removed roughly).
Could also be caused by the insane heat - be careful if you want to remove it after a good blast lol

Thank you! I've still not stopped grinning from ear to ear yet and I do love the spec on it!
Ah OK - thanks. Yes, mine is the same as in its a raised section of Carbon. Oh and thanks for the tip too!

Return to “RS4 (B9 Typ 8W) 2017-”