Conduct

Site changes, bug tracking, and improvements.
Please start a new threads for each issue/improvement.
Surrey Sam
Cruising

Re: Conduct

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:17 pm

It was me who reported the thread to moderator, there may have been others?

I even suggested that you both should step away from the keyboards. But no, you continued to carry on like a pair of mammary glands, trying to point score against each other. It did not paint this forum in a good light to potential 'new blood' that may join because of that section.

You can always go explore the User Control Panel and add each other’s usernames to the Foe list? That way the forum software will hide the drivel from the person that you obviously have a dislike for.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:38 pm

Surrey Sam wrote:You can always go explore the User Control Panel and add each other’s usernames to the Foe list? That way the forum software will hide the drivel from the person that you obviously have a dislike for.
What a great idea, wish I'd thought of that...
No matter where you go, there you are.

esp_mm-270
4th Gear

Post by esp_mm-270 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:01 pm

Foe list is cool :) For me, if they were exceptionally aggressive, I'd just ask them to pm me their address to 'finalise' the 'discourse'. If they refuse just ignore them.

Aren't some involved in this mods?
ImageImage

F@tBoyF@t
3rd Gear

Post by F@tBoyF@t » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:06 pm

I initially thought that this was a read only post.

I am Spartacus

Abolutely nothing wrong with a bit of banter.

It's not about tittle tattle, "running to teacher" - it's about what is acceptable & what is not in a civilised society, otherwise we'd be running around decapitating each other, for having the temerity to disagree?

What took place a few days ago was out of order IMHO.

Try and explain the enigma that is Bam-Bam?

Generally funny, an acerbic wit, but occasionally vicious. - ask ArthurPE. Great attention to detail when he's in the mood. He makes me chuckle - most of the time. I've read more about sexual perversions from him, than in my previous 58 years. Occasionally he makes me laugh out loud, but then there is the dark side.

Maybe we need a new rule?

"Don't post when pissed"

Don't forget the maxim - It's better to be pissed off than pissed on - apparently"

Chill keyboard warriors.
:beerchug:
"57" RS4 Avus Avant

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Post by Mr Footlong » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:53 pm

F@tBoyF@t wrote:"Don't post when pissed"
Way ahead of you, this is known as the Bakustax rule.
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:58 pm

I don't think that's an accurate statement. I don't believe I have ever seen a vicious post from bam, even when provoked to the extreme. Vicious implies an animal, mindless quality. Bam's post are anything but, even the most contentious ones.

I have seen plenty of viciousness directed at him, however.
Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:03 pm

Yep.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Wiseman once said - Nail that sticks up, gets hammered down.
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:37 pm

Wait what?

HEY SAMMY, CAN YOU HEAR ME ALL THE WAY UP THERE ON YOUR HIGH HORSE?
Surrey Sam wrote:Wiseman once said - Nail that sticks up, gets hammered down.
Funny, that's exactly what d-boy was going on about, sticking up to a so called cyber bully?!?!? I hammered him down and now we're here. So, Wiseman, what's your point? That's the problem with quoting other people, it's like an opinion and completely relative to the reader.

I'm not really sure what you've tried to convey by announcing that you gave us both a warning, then proceeded to email the head teacher. More perplexing, now you're acting all ominous with weird quotes. Why, what exactly was your involvement in all of this?

I appreciate your input but can we all just stop now. It's the Internet, we all sound like retards getting uptight over a "he said, she said" thing.

It's over, peace to all men/boys, now, GFY.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Timster
Cruising

Post by Timster » Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:26 am

Oh pish, I missed all the fun.
VW Toe-rag V6 R-line.... no curry hooks...wtf ?
Gone: Avus Avant B7 RS4.... plus curry hooks !

sakimano
5th Gear

Post by sakimano » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:43 am

Shoppinit wrote: Unless I've missed something then it's 535dboy doing all the bam baiting and, to be frank, getting off quite lightly!
Shoppinit wrote:I don't believe I have ever seen a vicious post from bam, even when provoked to the extreme.
BamBam booster club charter member.

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:04 am

Typical B7 owner ^^^^^
Oh no, whats going to happen now?
Ref the Arthur thing, think you will find it was he who went off his rocker first!
I missed the ''thing'' that happened the other night, but I have seen 535 man have a blast at Dk for a comment made about someone spending ££££s on a GTR. When going on the net you have to remember you can't really tell how something has been written, you can't tell what frame of mind the other person is in so a comment could be taken one way or the other.
If you can't put up with being called a <beep> then don't have a blast at someone who will call it you! Quite simple. I haven't blocked any users on here, but there are a few who I just don't read. We do live in a country of free speech, this means you are going to read/ hear stuff that you don't want to, deal with it.
This can all be sorted out by everyone going to ADI and getting pissed together. (as long as Arthur doesn't come and start doing math at the bar, i'm toss at math!)
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

scaghead
Top Gear

Post by scaghead » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:20 am

Chunk, can you elaborate a tad on a typical b7 owner fella?
R8 gen1 v10 plus white. Larini clubsport valved zorst.carbon side flicks,and fixed carbon spoiler.
Previous..RS4 Sprint blue loon..milltek non-res valved.revolution carbon air intake kit.cold air feed.carbon clean.MRC stage 2 remap..led interior lights.dectane led rear lights.led drls.Argon carbon oil splitter,race style front splitter,B and C door pillars and engine bottle cover..KW lowering springs.HEL brake lines all round.

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Post by Mr Footlong » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:36 am

Yawn at all of this to be perfectly honest. As somebody who has no problems whatsoever what saying what he feels as better out than in and all that, I find grown men that are either serious the vast majority of the time or seemingly devoid of a sense of humour to be extremely puzzling.

Wah flaming wah, nut up everyone, its the internet, "deal with it".....
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

Shoppinit
Cruising

Post by Shoppinit » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:02 am

sakimano wrote: BamBam booster club charter member.
Yup, I was expecting something like that from someone like you.

You'll very quickly see that if you use the search facility to look up posts where 535dboy cites bam_bam and vice versa (asI did) then you'll see that I'm right. It's not rocket surgery, even a B7 owner should be able to manage it (that was tongue-in-cheek humour, by the way, for the sense-of-humour-challanged. I've got nothing against B7s; I regularly eat them in my M3.)

:assflash:

Anyhoo, footers hit the nail on the head ('scuse the poor choice of metaphor) looks like there is a serious collective sense of humour failure.

Daytona RS6 C5 Avant. Viper'd, Billies, Waggers, MTM box brain, C6 stoppers, xcarlink, R8 coolant cap (woohoo)
///M3 E46 | XC90 (V8, natch) | Passat GTE | RR Classic V8 flapper
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair."

Return to “Site News, Issues, and Suggestions”