SQ7 remap

4.0 V8 TDI biturbo and EPC - 435 bhp
Millwallmart
1st Gear

SQ7 remap

Post by Millwallmart » Sat May 06, 2017 9:28 pm

So I've covered 7500 miles now and the cars amazing but I can't help but want more.

Has anyone remapped yet?
SQ7 - on order
Bentley GTC V8S
Black Macan Diesel on BBS
S art ForTwo
White BMW GSA

"If it's got tits or tyres it's expensive"

W8PMC
Cruising

Re: SQ7 remap

Post by W8PMC » Mon May 08, 2017 8:25 am

Any chance of a more detailed write up on the car? I was very interested in these last Autumn, but went for a FFRR instead as didn't need 7 seats & needed to scratch the RR itch.

I'm one of the biggest fans of seeking out a little extra from virtually every car i've owned, however having an SQ7 fettled with the technology it's carrying would probably scare me a little & it's hardly a slouch from the off.

I'd try the usual suspects such as MRC & DMS, as they'd be the most likely players to have a map if available for the SQ7. I had DMS remap my new FFRR a few weeks back, but i chose the TDV6 so the gains of around 75bhp & 120lbs.ft were very noticeable & take the performance above it's V8 cousins.
Paul
03 Black AmD Stage3 C5 RS6 Saloon (Sold)
05 Blue DMS E60 M5 (Sold)
07 Blue DMS B7 RS4 Saloon (Sold)
10 White Nissan R35 GT-R Premium Edition SVM Stage 4 (Sold)
12 White D4 A8 TDi SE Executive (Sold)
14 Grey LCi F10 M5 (Rejected)
14 Blue DMS Stage 2 LCi F10 M5 (Sold)
17 Grey FFRR Autobiography (Rejected)
17 Black D4 A8 TDi Black Edition (Sold)
18 White APR Stage 2 Golf R 7.5 Estate

alexjtaylor82
Neutral

Re: SQ7 remap

Post by alexjtaylor82 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:28 am

W8PMC wrote:Any chance of a more detailed write up on the car? I was very interested in these last Autumn, but went for a FFRR instead as didn't need 7 seats & needed to scratch the RR itch.

I'm one of the biggest fans of seeking out a little extra from virtually every car i've owned, however having an SQ7 fettled with the technology it's carrying would probably scare me a little & it's hardly a slouch from the off.

I'd try the usual suspects such as MRC & DMS, as they'd be the most likely players to have a map if available for the SQ7. I had DMS remap my new FFRR a few weeks back, but i chose the TDV6 so the gains of around 75bhp & 120lbs.ft were very noticeable & take the performance above it's V8 cousins.

Hey mate,

I’ve thought about this as well but I did read somewhere that the engine did produce more torque originally but they had to dial it back as the gearbox is only rated to 900nm. Essentially anything you do to the engine is now beyond the design limits and you risk trashing the transmission. I’m not sure what component is limited? Torque converter maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “SQ7 (Typ 4M) 2016-”