New car

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
mustdash
3rd Gear

New car

Post by mustdash » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:04 pm

A bit of a back story - bought a Misano red B7 RS4 in 2014 and kept it for 3 years. Pretty sure I got followed home from work in it one evening so made the decision to sell it on, and bought myself a Volvo V60 Polestar in May 2017. I had no intention of selling the Volvo but a couple of weeks ago, I received an email from my local Alfa Romeo dealer (how they got my details I dont know!) inviting me to the opening of their new showroom with free food and passenger rides in the Giulia and Stelvio Quadrifolglios. To be honest, they had me at free food, but, with nothing else to do on a Saturday afternoon I thought I'd go along. I ate my burger and hot dog, drank their free beer and soft drinks and had a passenger ride in the Giulia. After returning to the dealership I thought I'd book myself a test drive for the following Monday, because I was "just curious"..... Moday came and I rocked up to the deaership. The (admittedly, very attractive) sales girl spent 2hrs trying to convince me that Alfa have done away with their electrical faults - after the hours test drive I pulled back in to the dealership and the car threw up an electrical fault. Regardless, the car was fantastic, but not without it's niggles. I started to scour AT and Pistonheads for cars within my price range (no way was I buying a new one!). A few popped up, most in Alfa red, which I'm not massively keen on, but then a Montecarlo Blue one popped up, within budget. The car was for sale at BMW Cardiff, which is a 2.5hr drive frm home - I sent a tentative enquiry and received a video of the car back. Spoke to the finance girl at BMW, went through some figures, did some haggling and got myself a really good deal on the Alfa, but not such a good deal on the PX price for the Volvo. I managed to sell the Volvo elsewhere for a much better price than the PX / CAP guide, and after that everything went smoothly!

As it's a bank holiday, and the car is rearwheel drive, and doesn't have a lazy engine, I might go down to the local retail park with Mercedes AMG folks and do some chavtastic burnouts..... :rocker:

image hosting

image hosting

image hosting

image hosting

And a photo of the Volvo before it was sold.

image hosting
CURRENT: Montecarlo Blue Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifolglio, 2.9ltr bi-turbo, 510bhp
PREVIOUS: Volvo V60 Polestar, build number 149/700 worldwide - 3ltr straight 6 turbo. 350bhp remapped to 400bhp. Only one of 120 in the UK
PREVIOUS: Misano red B7 saloon, stage 2 map to 425bhp, manifold flap delete, KW V3 coilovers.

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: New car

Post by MikeFish » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:50 pm

Congrats, its a great car. Eddie mentioned to me yesterday that you have one now as well. Any mods planned? If you are still running the P-Zero Corsas I'd recommend changing them for some Goodyears or Michelins as the cold and wet weather performace of the Corsas is terrible. Made a huge difference for me.

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:02 am

Stunning looking cars, just the age old gremlins that ruin Alfa's. The father in law used have a new Alfa every 2 years and they were ALWAYS going in for warranty work. He had 4 different models and all suffered with stupid faults.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

mustdash
3rd Gear

Post by mustdash » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:52 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:50 pm
Congrats, its a great car. Eddie mentioned to me yesterday that you have one now as well. Any mods planned? If you are still running the P-Zero Corsas I'd recommend changing them for some Goodyears or Michelins as the cold and wet weather performace of the Corsas is terrible. Made a huge difference for me.
Already looking at some Goodyear's as they're the tyre I normally run on my cars anyway. Got a bit of tread left on the Corsas yet though! Need to speak to Costco and see if they can get them in in the sizes needed! No mods planned just yet - this is a leap in power and wheels driven for me (having had AWD the last 2 cars) so want to keep it as stock for r the moment. Although that being said, I may get the exhaust mod done so I can have the valves open all the time!
Have you done anything to yours?
CURRENT: Montecarlo Blue Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifolglio, 2.9ltr bi-turbo, 510bhp
PREVIOUS: Volvo V60 Polestar, build number 149/700 worldwide - 3ltr straight 6 turbo. 350bhp remapped to 400bhp. Only one of 120 in the UK
PREVIOUS: Misano red B7 saloon, stage 2 map to 425bhp, manifold flap delete, KW V3 coilovers.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:02 am

Yes, lowered it, spacers, then changed the wheels for Stelvio 20's (which meant new tyres of course). Need more spacers but smaller than the ones I have as the Stelvio wheels have a lower offset and are wider at the front.
carbon mirrors and grill. I did them myself because if you order them from the factory then the dealer fits them anyway.
Removed giulia badge. Changed front and rear Alfa badges for monochrome.
detail and ppf.
Air filter.
There's probably more but I can't recall any more right now.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:54 am

Oh and disconnected the exhaust valves of course.

Brooner
Cruising

Post by Brooner » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:56 am

MikeFish wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:02 am
Yes, lowered it, spacers, then changed the wheels for Stelvio 20's (which meant new tyres of course). Need more spacers but smaller than the ones I have as the Stelvio wheels have a lower offset and are wider at the front.
carbon mirrors and grill. I did them myself because if you order them from the factory then the dealer fits them anyway.
detail and ppf.
Air filter.
You need to get the pictures up of that Mike
2018 B9 RS4 Navarra Blue
2013 B8 RS4 Sepang Blue
2007 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue
2001 B5 RS4 Nogaro Blue
1998 B5 S4 Avant Kingfisher Blue
1993 B4 S2 Avant laser Red

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:50 am

Brooner wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:56 am
MikeFish wrote:
Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:02 am
detail and ppf.
Air filter.
You need to get the pictures up of that Mike
I'll do a seperate thread when I get the chance. But to whet your appetite there is a photo of it here:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=132573#p919724

Yes I know I have weeds coming up, I'd just got back from holiday and the car needed a wash when that was taken.

Return to “Readers' Rides”