Faisal's TT - The Turbo Hairdryer

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
coffey555
5th Gear

Re: Faisal's TT - The Turbo Hairdryer

Post by coffey555 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 pm

For a little side project you are not messing about are you?!!!

Is it noticable just how much lighter the TT is vs the RS4 on the track?

Even on the road I noticed that my R55 JCW Clubman was much more lively and agile than the RS4, most of that I put down to weight difference (1280 vs 1710kg).
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:18 pm

FrazerD wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:33 pm
I enjoyed reading that. Getting a bit more interested in track toys of late.

Cheers :thumbs:
Glad you enjoyed! I think you got in there before I added some of the pics
Eddie555 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:16 pm
Damn Faisal. I didn’t know you done so much to it. I’m so glad you ditched those f**king horrible red seats though. They were the most uncomfortable things I’ve ever sat in.
Yeah - they were pretty hard on my lower back and backside. It's typically a 4-5hr roundtrip to a circuit from where I am - so they had to go. I was driving around sitting on a memory foam cushion!
coffey555 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 pm

Is it noticable just how much lighter the TT is vs the RS4 on the track?

Even on the road I noticed that my R55 JCW Clubman was much more lively and agile than the RS4, most of that I put down to weight difference (1280 vs 1710kg).
Yeah absolutely! Don't get me wrong - it's by no means a lightweight - still a heavy car for its size (easily 1/4 tonne heavier than a clio), but still brakes and changes direction very differently than the RS.
coffey555 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:57 pm
For a little side project you are not messing about are you?!!!
We haven't gotten to the good bit yet....
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:32 pm

Subscribed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:29 pm

RuskiWeldShit

You've heard of JCWeldFab ?

Now meet - RuskiWeldShit (AKA Pule333, or Ilya to his comrads). I'm claiming 10% royalties on the name...

Ilya volunteered (worryingly enthusiastically) to do some jobs on the TT for me. This was appealing, as 1. the man can work a spanner much better than I (just see his track car for proof), 2. I couldn't be f***ed, 3. Mates rates innit

So - the job list was:

- Make a functional splitter - using some mounting brackets that I'd purchased
- Relocate battery, using a lightweight Li-On replacement
- Fit replacement V6 front bumper I bought on eBay
- Fit replacement fibreglass wings (approx 2" wider - as I hope to fit 265 tyres soon)
- Fit cold air feed to my intake

In addition, Ilya knocked up a little switchboard and mounted a battery cutoff on it, and also mounted a lightweight fire extinguisher (i'd gaffer taped one to my cage......what?)

New wings:

Battery relocated. New one less than 2kg!

Cutoff switch:

Cold air feed:

Tow strap (Ilya’s idea)

Splitter fabrication - with some highly technical guidance from me (the pink squiggly line)

Massive thanks to Ilya for his epic work!

Unfortunately I haven’t actually seen the car since it was all done - as it left on a trailer straight from him, to TSR Performance (Rob at TSR is a well regarded engine builder for the 1.8T).

There, it will be getting a bit of a power bump Image

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:13 am

Shameless plug Image
https://youtu.be/jMYsSQlfXss
And a few extra images. TT has a lot of potential! Needs to loose more weight and in my opinion better suspension set up. TT was one of the contenders for my own track car before I bought a Clio. So it was rather enjoyable working on it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
And a little bonus PFA. Safety first Image when cars fight back haha. Socket slipped when tightening the splitter mounts.. uuups Image

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:21 pm

Got some pics through from TSR today.

Gulp. Image

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:19 pm

So, rods have been upgraded (to ZRP items), and the valve train (supertech). Needed new valve guides too as TSR assessed they had a bit too much play in them.

Next up - Turbo kit to be fitted and engine refitted hopefully next week, and should be getting mapped the week after

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

mustdash
3rd Gear

Post by mustdash » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:21 pm

Looking good mate!!
CURRENT: Montecarlo Blue Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifolglio, 2.9ltr bi-turbo, 510bhp
PREVIOUS: Volvo V60 Polestar, build number 149/700 worldwide - 3ltr straight 6 turbo. 350bhp remapped to 400bhp. Only one of 120 in the UK
PREVIOUS: Misano red B7 saloon, stage 2 map to 425bhp, manifold flap delete, KW V3 coilovers.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:59 am

So - the engine is back in the engine bay - with the G25-550 strapped on!

Next up - having some hard intercooler pipes fabricated to fit the new toyosport wellycooler (replacing the less effective forge item)

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:28 am

Full on!
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:06 am

Latest pic. New intercooler is in, with custom hard pipes fabricated.

I’m told it just needs mapping. The project seems to have been on the back burner, as they’ve been busy with other more pressing jobs. Partially my fault for not checking in for 3 weeks while I was away!

Keen to get it back now though

Latest pic

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:23 am

I be that’ll go like stink!
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:30 am

423bhp on a safe map running 1.7bar of boost - happy with that!!

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:33 pm

FaisalJ wrote:423bhp on a safe map running 1.7bar of boost - happy with that!!

Be sick!!!! Can’t wait

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:15 pm

Jesus!

Return to “Readers' Rides”