Wifey Mobile Mk2. Mk7 Golf R

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
FrazerD
4th Gear

Re: Wifey Mobile Mk2. Mk7 Golf R

Post by FrazerD » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:03 pm

Glad you got the bumper incident sorted out. The drop looks great now too, sits lovely. Would you not be better with the VWR springs as they are progressive? Or were you specifically looking for linear springs?

Cheers :thumbs:

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:24 pm

FrazerD wrote:Glad you got the bumper incident sorted out. The drop looks great now too, sits lovely. Would you not be better with the VWR springs as they are progressive? Or were you specifically looking for linear springs?

Cheers!

The main thing I was interested in was ride comfort. The main use of the car will be school run/ferrying kids about - and mainly my wife driving. These springs feel very very close to OEM ride quality.

Intuitively - I’d think progressive springs would give a better ride - but I guess a linear spring is easier to pair to the dampers (as you know the spring rate is fixed), so maybe that’s how it works out a nicer ride than the eibachs. I’m just guessing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:23 pm

FaisalJ wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:24 pm
Cheers!

The main thing I was interested in was ride comfort. The main use of the car will be school run/ferrying kids about - and mainly my wife driving. These springs feel very very close to OEM ride quality.

Intuitively - I’d think progressive springs would give a better ride - but I guess a linear spring is easier to pair to the dampers (as you know the spring rate is fixed), so maybe that’s how it works out a nicer ride than the eibachs. I’m just guessing though.

I was thinking about this today and I came to the same conclusion as you have. You would maybe notice a difference if you started pushing on with the linear springs on a back road, might be a bit choppy.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:18 pm

Next up - wrap!

Now, I didn’t want to do this. I thought the blue looked good, and just blacking our the chrome and silver bits was all that was needed. But wifey-dearest had other ideas.

She wanted a satin or matt black. No way I’d pay for that. I wanted gloss dark grey - which she hated. So we agreed on satin dark grey....and I actually quite like it!

Went with gloss black on the roof and all the silver or chrome bits

Looks even better when you start messing about with filters!

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Quango86
2nd Gear

Post by Quango86 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:31 pm

FaisalJ wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:18 pm
Next up - wrap!

Now, I didn’t want to do this. I thought the blue looked good, and just blacking our the chrome and silver bits was all that was needed. But wifey-dearest had other ideas.

She wanted a satin or matt black. No way I’d pay for that. I wanted gloss dark grey - which she hated. So we agreed on satin dark grey....and I actually quite like it!

Went with gloss black on the roof and all the silver or chrome bits

Looks even better when you start messing about with filters!

You really do have an eye for making a golf look good. Never been a fan of them now the two I have seen you do look fantastic!! Good job

B7 saloon, koni Shocks and h and r springs, h and r spacers 8mm f+r, milltek non res with valves, milltek d/ps, k and n filter, full mrc carbon clean, mrc stage 2 with l/c and f/s 456bhp 522nm.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:26 pm

Looks great and it’s sitting lovely on those springs. Is the rear window wiper coming off anytime soon?

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:44 pm

That didn't take long. Looking much better now.

535dboy
Top Gear

Post by 535dboy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:45 am

Looking good

Glad no significant damage as that did look like a bit of a thump !

Like the colour, my mate has his wife’s ML63 done similar and it does look awesome, whilst not normally being a fan

I’m trying to work Out if I should do the front tint on my Mrs new car which is being built this week but wondering if it might cause more hassle than it’s worth the plod?
Currently :
2019 Porsche 992S (£21k of extra toys)
2019 Porsche Macan S (£18k of extra toys)
2015 Lotus Exige V6 ( c430bhp)
2019 Seat Ibiza excellence Lux! (115bhp, 3 cyl, dsg)
1987 Porsche 928S4
1967 Jaaag Mk2 3.4

Ex
2017 AMG E class wagon
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)

asifg
3rd Gear

Post by asifg » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:16 am

You have a great eye for detail Faisal!

Love your work! If also like to know if you made your wife into a petrolhead or if she was always like that! I need to find out how to convince my missus to get rid of her 9 year old 118i!

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Sat May 25, 2019 7:58 pm

Such a difference.
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 am

One of the perks when your wife is a petrolhead-in-training; you can get away with giving a resonator delete pipe as an Eid present!

It’s bloody hard work wrapping the b@stard though

She was well happy with it!!

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:09 pm

Has your wife got a sister, I need to swap mine out as the she will not sell her Golf Gti Edition 30 for love nor money.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

asifg
3rd Gear

Post by asifg » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:08 pm

FaisalJ wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:10 am
One of the perks when your wife is a petrolhead-in-training; you can get away with giving a resonator delete pipe as an Eid present!

It’s bloody hard work wrapping the b@stard though

She was well happy with it!!

Love this!

Eid Mubarak!

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:53 pm

Love this, great idea!

seatracker
Neutral

Post by seatracker » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:03 pm

I am sure that your wife is very pleased with her car.

Return to “Readers' Rides”