Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
FrazerD
4th Gear

Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by FrazerD » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:44 pm

Hi folks,

I picked up my new B7 RS4 Avant today. I previously had an imola red E46 M3 coupe which unfortunately didn’t get used as we have two dogs and was just easier to take the pathfinder. So that leads me to a more practical car although I wasn’t ready to give up on having fun and having a nice car, insert RS4 Avant.

I have read so many stories of folk raving about them and I honestly thought it wouldn’t live up to my expectations but my god it did and it does, the power, the noise, my smile :mrgreen: On the way home I was taking it easy just getting used to it and it was reading 29.1 mpg, a lot better than what I have read and better than my M3. I’m sure I’ll get it down to a more sensible number but it’s good to know on long hauls it isn’t too bad.

Onto the car, it’s a 2007 phantom black avant with 87703 miles on the clock. Original wheels refurbed in anthracite with a speckle through it wrapped with Eagle F1’s. DRC has been replaced with KW V1’s and it has got 8/12mm H and R spacers. The exhaust has straight pipes and the flaps are always open. Has had the oil cooler and lines replaced, clutch, discs, pads, and suspension arms recently too. It has had the grill sprayed black and has got black rings too. Inside it has piano black trims, flat bottom steering wheel, black headlining and comforts. I know how most of you feel about the seats but it turns out they are the right seats for me.

I have got a few plans going forward, nothing too major but just things to make it personal and in my mind, better. It will also be a bit of a slow burner as I don’t want to rush and get bored.

Enough reading, onto a couple of photos to keep you all satisfied...

Hope you all like it and enjoy my progress.

Cheers :thumbs:

MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by MikeFish » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:20 pm

Love it.
looks like it has had most of the big ticket items done already.
Only thing I wouldn't have picked are the seats and interior black trim otherwise great choice for me.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:31 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:20 pm
Love it.
Only thing I wouldn't have picked are the seats and interior black trim otherwise great choice for me.
Thanks. Aye, I was after one that had the majority of the jobs done, will just have to keep an eye on the auxiliary radiators. I am planning on going to MRC at some point but as it’s a bit of a journey, I’ll get all what I’m planning done at once. I know the seats are controversial but they were never a deal breaker for me and I quite like them. I had the piano black trim in my M3 and I think it looks great, personal preference I suppose.

Last edited by FrazerD on Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:09 am

Looks great buddy, well done. What plans do you have for it? Also, can we have more pictures of the splitter and is there anything in the car’s history to say what it is and where it came from? :thumbs:

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:10 am

MikeFish wrote:
Love it.
You’ve changed :lol: I guess you where always going to be an Avant concert once you had the big ‘6. :thumb:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:21 am

marc1 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:10 am
MikeFish wrote:
Love it.
You’ve changed :lol: I guess you where always going to be an Avant concert once you had the big ‘6. :thumb:
I almost added at the end of that a disclaimer about it being an Avant. I haven't changed. Saloons still rule.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:31 am

marc1 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:09 am
Looks great buddy, well done. What plans do you have for it? Also, can we have more pictures of the splitter and is there anything in the car’s history to say what it is and where it came from? :thumbs:
Thanks. The majority of it will be to do with aesthetics more than performance until I get to MRC at some point. I have ordered a set of interior leds from Trups and will do the sidelights, number plate lights and fogs too. Get the window trim and roof rails wrapped, a few other things then just little touches really. I will get some better photos up soon and I’ll have a look at the history but I don’t think it’s in there.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:39 am

MikeFish wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:21 am
marc1 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:10 am
MikeFish wrote:
Love it.
I almost added at the end of that a disclaimer about it being an Avant. I haven't changed. Saloons still rule.
No no no, you are very much mistaken. Just when I thought we could be friends :bash:

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:03 pm

Hi folks,

As it’s raining, I thought I would take the opportunity to take some beading photos and some of my splitter so you guys can work out what it is.

I’m going to remove all the RS4 badges and hopefully replace the boot one with a black one but I’m not sure if eBay ones will be any good. Any recommendations appreciated.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:44 pm

That splitter / spoiler looks quite a bit narrower than the RS4 bumper so possibly a Cupra one. It's not the A4 DTM splitter as although that is narrower than the RS4, it is closer and just tucks in at the end. And it is carbon of course.

You can add adjusting bonnet gap to your to do list. Looks worst in the 3rd photo but that may just be angle of the photo.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:52 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:44 pm
That splitter / spoiler looks quite a bit narrower than the RS4 bumper so possibly a Cupra one. It's not the A4 DTM splitter as although that is narrower than the RS4, it is closer and just tucks in at the end. And it is carbon of course.

You can add adjusting bonnet gap to your to do list. Looks worst in the 3rd photo but that may just be angle of the photo.
I’ll have a look through the paper work when I sort it all out but I really don’t know. Will try and have a look for any markings on it when it’s in the air. Now that you mention it, it does look slightly higher on the drivers side. I’ll check how if lines up with the wings when it dries up. Is it just stops that I need to adjust/screw in/out or is there more to it than that?

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Just 2 mountings that hold the bumper up. They screw up or down and effect the bumper height / gap. Bumper off to get to them though so best wait until you next need to get it off and do them at the same time.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:50 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:08 pm
Just 2 mountings that hold the bumper up. They screw up or down and effect the bumper height / gap. Bumper off to get to them though so best wait until you next need to get it off and do them at the same time.
Thanks, so it’s my bumper that needs adjusted and not my bonnet. Will keep it in mind but until you mentioned it, I hadn’t noticed it so won’t worry too much about it until the bumper is off.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:00 pm

Hi folks,

After I put a deposit down on my RS4 I started looking for boot mat and bumper protectors. I looked everywhere and all I could find was full liners which I wasn’t too keen about. In my experience, in the real world the fit isn’t that great with dogs moving around etc. Just when I was about to give up, google image came to my aid and I found a boot mat with a bumper protector on tuning-art.com which looked ideal. It turned up today and is a perfect fit and I also removed the slide cover thing. Now I just have to pluck up the courage and put them in there.

GaryA
2nd Gear

Post by GaryA » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Don't let the dogs in. Only joking ;-)
Looks like youve got a nice one there
Comfort seats are awesome, every time I get in mine, it's such a nice feeling :-)

Return to “Readers' Rides”