Faisal’s R8

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Faisal’s R8

Post by MikeFish » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:19 pm

If only it stayed looking like that a bit longer. These black Audis are a nightmare to keep swirl free.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:42 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

TechNick
5th Gear

Post by TechNick » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:18 pm

FaisalJ wrote:Image

Moonshining? Image

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

classba
Top Gear

Post by classba » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:46 pm

Capristo FTW :)
Too much power is barely enough.

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:35 pm

That exhaust is the single best thing in the entire world !!

Where did u source it from ?

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:34 pm

Two gents that know!

The plan was a JC Weldfab custom valved system. Then this popped up for sale on the R8 talk forum...only 2k miles on it too. Had to buy!

Can’t wait to get it fitted!

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:01 pm

How much did you pay?

It is honestly the single best thing you could ever do to a V10 R8

The sound is forever stitched into my memory

FaisalJ
Cruising

Faisal’s R8

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:05 pm

HYFR wrote:How much did you pay?

It is honestly the single best thing you could ever do to a V10 R8

The sound is forever stitched into my memory

£2.3k - which I reckon I’d mostly get back if I wanted to sell it.

Have to wait till 4th Oct till my garage can get it fitted. 6-8hr job apparently as so much of the arse end of the car has to come apart.

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

classba
Top Gear

Post by classba » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:53 am

Faisal....That's a great price even for without the control module. However, the Capristo module is the best in the market and user friendly with adjustments.

I would say 5 hrs is about right to fit it.... whilst you're at it, you might as well change the 2 connecting exhaust joint/clamps which are cheap enough from TPS.

Shame you're in Surry otherwise, I would recommend you to have it fitted at 4rings in Dartford ( he is ex Audi head tech).

Be sure to ECU map the car afterwards :)

Good luck :)

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:24 pm

classba wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:53 am
Faisal....That's a great price even for without the control module. However, the Capristo module is the best in the market and user friendly with adjustments.

I would say 5 hrs is about right to fit it.... whilst you're at it, you might as well change the 2 connecting exhaust joint/clamps which are cheap enough from TPS.

Shame you're in Surry otherwise, I would recommend you to have it fitted at 4rings in Dartford ( he is ex Audi head tech).

...and R8 GT rear lights! :beerchug:

Googled for a pic and this very thread came up..... :smile_smoking:
Ian_C wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:15 pm
Mods wise, speak to DK, hes your V10 man! Buckets, exhaust, and GT rear lights given your car is all black

PS. Its actually impossible to google 'GT rear lights' without an R8 that DK has owned popping up. :bowdown:
B5 B6 B7 B9

classba
Top Gear

Post by classba » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Ian_C wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:24 pm
classba wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:53 am

...and R8 GT rear lights! :beerchug:

Googled for a pic and this very thread came up..... :smile_smoking:
Ian_C wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:15 pm
Mods wise, speak to DK, hes your V10 man! Buckets, exhaust, and GT rear lights given your car is all black

PS. Its actually impossible to google 'GT rear lights' without an R8 that DK has owned popping up. :bowdown:
:assflash: I own a proper GT :)

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Aye!
B5 B6 B7 B9

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:12 am

classba wrote:Faisal....That's a great price even for without the control module. However, the Capristo module is the best in the market and user friendly with adjustments.

I’ve actually already got an exhaust control module from another company (Forza) that looks very similar to the capristo item. It’s the same system I have in the RS4. 3 modes; per OEM, valves open, valves closed.

I’ve been recommended to Dean at 4rings a few times actually- but I’m happy with the work Camspec do (Stuart, the owner, is also an ex master tech). Plus, they give me a healthy discount as they see 4 cars from me on a regular basis!

@IanC - I actually prefer my current tail lights. I do like the GT rear wing though!

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:55 pm

I’ve just ordered this

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:43 pm

Project 8? That'll be interesting trying to keep in a straight line...
No matter where you go, there you are.

Return to “Readers' Rides”