Callum's RS4 Project

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
CallumB7
2nd Gear

Re: Callum's RS4 Project

Post by CallumB7 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:38 pm

Got the roof painted the correct colour now. Not the best picture, I wasn't able to go in the booth.

A20LEE
4th Gear

Post by A20LEE » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:22 am

Really hope it works out this time, im still conserned that i’ve not seen a lick of primer on this car before paint. All the orange paint needed to come off as clearly hadnt bonded. The prep and primer is when your money goes with paint work. Only takes minutes to flick the top coats on. Id have stuck to your guns with a gloss black roof, it would have match the black borders on your glass and the window rubbers. Panther black is a stunning colour, but it turns purple in direct sunlight. Sorry if my comments seem negative but they are 100% honest and i genuinely want you be happy with the finished car, you deserve it after all the <beep> you’ve endured.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:05 am

The RS4 B7 looks good at any angle or undress even smashed up.
Yours is coming up nicely.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

CallumB7
2nd Gear

Post by CallumB7 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:45 pm

A20LEE wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:22 am
Really hope it works out this time, im still conserned that i’ve not seen a lick of primer on this car before paint. All the orange paint needed to come off as clearly hadnt bonded. The prep and primer is when your money goes with paint work. Only takes minutes to flick the top coats on. Id have stuck to your guns with a gloss black roof, it would have match the black borders on your glass and the window rubbers. Panther black is a stunning colour, but it turns purple in direct sunlight. Sorry if my comments seem negative but they are 100% honest and i genuinely want you be happy with the finished car, you deserve it after all the <beep> you’ve endured.
Here it is in primer.

Image Image Image Image

Collecting on Saturday!

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:50 pm

I often think I should have gone for a different colour when I bought mine as it was in such a sh1t state when I bought it and it needed a full respray. I have no regrets, maybe be next time. You're a brave man and well done. I can't wait to see the finished article.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

CallumB7
2nd Gear

Post by CallumB7 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:14 pm

Covkiller wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:50 pm
I often think I should have gone for a different colour when I bought mine as it was in such a sh1t state when I bought it and it needed a full respray. I have no regrets, maybe be next time. You're a brave man and well done. I can't wait to see the finished article.
Thanks. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't apprehensive about how this is going to turn out after last time, but everything I've seen so far is reassuring.

Whilst you're here, am I right in thinking you have 20s on your rs4? Is it easy to do, presumably the arches need rolling? For some context, I had planned to get some 20s and kw v3's in a future upgrade but the dude at project customs said rolling the arches is generally not a good idea and I should stick with 19s.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:46 pm

Don't roll, get them heated and tapped back so you can tuck your arch liners in. Do it now as the body Shop chaps can do it. Rolling arches is wrong, I know. Split paint cracked lips etc. :drink:
Mine are S7 alloys 4mm spacers as per my signature.
Where are you located, you can try mine on for size if you like, always good to try before you buy. I'm in Cov.

CallumB7
2nd Gear

Post by CallumB7 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:14 pm

Ok thanks, I'll mention it to them. I'm up in Leeds so probably a bit far just to try some wheels on, thank you for the offer though!

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:34 pm

CallumB7 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:45 pm
A20LEE wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:22 am
Here it is in primer.

Image Image Image Image

Collecting on Saturday!
So, pretty much finished then?
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:44 pm

Finished now isn’t it? Thought you ordered it in primer didn’t you?! :lol: only messing mate, Nardo will look awesome.

CallumB7
2nd Gear

Post by CallumB7 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:37 pm

So Argon Creative still haven't sent the badges and splitter even though I paid over two weeks ago. They were supposed to be sent Friday, didn't happen. Then today, didn't happen. Promised to get them posted to the body Shop for tomorrow, the owner (Tony) calls me saying the splitter is marked and won't be ready for tomorrow. He then calls me back and says that he managed to get it polished but because it wasn't packed the courier wouldn't wait and is now actually not going to be ready!! :rant:

At this point I'm at the end of my tether dealing with Tony, he ignores calls, doesn't meet promised deadlines and generally doesn't care. His response on the phone is "well you're a £500 customer not a £5000 customer so it is what it is". AVOID.

Rw@@dy
4th Gear

Post by Rw@@dy » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:31 pm

They disappeared for a bit and left a few people without any goods, surprised that they are back again. Sure there were some posts on here about it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:35 pm

CallumB7 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:37 pm
So Argon Creative still haven't sent the badges and splitter even though I paid over two weeks ago. They were supposed to be sent Friday, didn't happen. Then today, didn't happen. Promised to get them posted to the body Shop for tomorrow, the owner (Tony) calls me saying the splitter is marked and won't be ready for tomorrow. He then calls me back and says that he managed to get it polished but because it wasn't packed the courier wouldn't wait and is now actually not going to be ready!! :rant:

At this point I'm at the end of my tether dealing with Tony, he ignores calls, doesn't meet promised deadlines and generally doesn't care. His response on the phone is "well you're a £500 customer not a £5000 customer so it is what it is". AVOID.
Sounds familiar.

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:37 pm

That’s a shame really and half thought about contacting them but can’t be arsed with the hassle. I’ll just take them off.

Looking forward to the final colour :mrgreen:

Cheers :thumbs:

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06 am

What splitter did you order? I’d only go for an OEM carbon DTM splitter. Could have sold you my spare. 😂

Return to “Readers' Rides”