Some old tat

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
Rishie
Neutral

Some old tat

Post by Rishie » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:10 pm

I am a bit of a car nut. I've had a few cars in the past but after driving less than 2000 miles last year decided to go back to being carless for a bit.

A few months into the state of carlessness (not recommended) I then decided that I should get a little run around. You know, something cheap that I can leave anywhere and won't get attention and will get me from A to B with little effort. I started off looking at old bangers, then something slightly bigger and then thought maybe something comfortable and decent sized might not be a bad idea. I then decided I didn't want a modern car but it would be nice to have a little performance. Definitely not paying the higher VED rate cause that is just silly. Don't want or need gadgets. Just a simple car.

I've ended up in this 'little run-around'. Much to my other half's amusement, it doesn't fit any of the initial criteria. NONE OF THEM. What it definitely is, is a well looked after example with all the big jobs done and a stack of receipts to go with it. A big thank you to Ian (bigee) for being a pleasure to deal with and ensuring everything worked out fine. Plans are being hatched to make things better. This was NOT in the plan. Dammit.

In the meanwhile, a picture of it enjoying its first little drink with me at its favourite watering hole.
Attachments
IMG_4420.jpg

kent_andy
4th Gear

Re: Some old tat

Post by kent_andy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:17 pm

looks lovely! I do like daytona with black optics!
2020 Range rover Sport SVR Urban
2017 911 991.2 Turbo S
2007 Audi A3 2.0T Quattro

Gone:-C6 RS6 Saloon - Daytona Grey - ceramics, stage 2, gearbox map, quad tip miltek, pre cat delete and Mrc filters = 753ps + 1052NM

Rishie
Neutral

Post by Rishie » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:21 pm

Thanks. Incidentally Tom (owned it before Ian) got in touch to see if he could answer any questions. I guess this is why one should try and buy a forum car. :beerchug:

First and second mods already planned. LED lights with Trups next week and then hopefully sorting a new head unit with Apple Play the week after. I'll update with pics.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:40 pm

Well done and welcome to the familia :thumbs:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Rishie, that looked like an absolute bargain of a buy, well done bagging me that one. Hope it treats you well.

You’re right about the forums too (largely, at least RS Audi’s). When I sold my B5 RS4 I helped out with the questions the latest owner had. They are ‘just cars’ but you still have an emotional attachment to them, and want the next owner(s) to cherish and look after them the same as you did.

Daytona is a great colour too.

Return to “Readers' Rides”