My C6 RS6

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
GBR1198
1st Gear

My C6 RS6

Post by GBR1198 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:54 pm

09/07/2016: I thought I would introduce my car after a fantastic year of ownership; Sapang Blue 74,000 (when bought) at the time thought it was stock, turned out to be tuned by Revo to stage one.

I decided I wanted a C6 after making a profit on my B5 which was a sub 30k mile car with perfect service history etc. but it meant I wouldn't ever drive the thing it was just too nice 2 owners never seen a child, dog or bike so not really ideal for me. So i sold it, and went shopping for a C6 this blue one turned up with an audi warranty, both big jobs done and a fellow forum member as a bonus. I drove it back from Leeds and fell in love we had a two car convoy with my Mrs. in the 335d and me in the audi it was a really fun day.

02/08/2016: After owning it for a few weeks I got it booked in to Unit 20 for a 'box service and a check over all was good it was confirmed that audi had done a good job of both the coolant lines and oil pump and because it had been done under warranty they went all out replacing the radiators, pipes, gaskets and the whole oil pump which set mondal back over 2k so thats a bonus!

30/07/2016: I also gave the car a full two stage compound and polish followed by Gtechniq protections.

06/08/2016: next came a wheel referb and new MPSS all round. The wheel colour is a BMW anthracite and I love it light enough to pop when clean.

17/07/2016: As she was in rude health the next port of call was to get her stage two so I booked her in for a stage two as i was a little dissaponted with how a big turbo V10 is pretending to be an NA in the stock car if you compare this to a third great pull in my B5 where the torque smacks you like a sledge hammer at 3000 revs and then thanks to Cosworth it pulls like a train until the limiter! The 6 just felt a little laking, after a good chat with Ben and Doug and a nosey around the car park we went for a coffee and awaited the call to see what she made about 1430 the phone rang so we wandered back to be presented with a graph showing 738hp and 1040nm which I'm chuffed with. The interesting thing is the fact that doug told me she had been mapped for at least five years running about 640hp, this is interesting because until my ownership she's never been out of warranty with audi! just goes to show audi were probably right with the newer cars to add safe guards against mapping so they can see if they are being duped.

13/10/2016 After reading IanH's review of Trups headlights I decided I was bored of not being able to see more than 100 yards at night so I started to contact Trups about getting a quad setup he was brilliant pardon the pun, we arranged a date and I left my car with him and when I returned I had fantastic headlights! I really cannot recommend them enough they are epic makes our 2016 range rovers lights look like they are from a 90's rover!

27/10/2016: Next with the help of a forum member I made the trip down to Demand engineering near ipswich to fit a second hand one of their systems. The noise is now something else, so purposeful no miltek drone and in the high rpm it sounds like a fighter jet mated with a super bike! And the gear shift crack is now like a gun shot any tunnel or built up road I'm now such a child with 2nd gear pulls everywhere!

lastly I wanted to sign this post off with a few examples of what I use my car for it gets used as Audi intended it and has become a part of the family in the year I have owned it!

gets used to ferry my dogs about.

Used to transport my Mach 2 to events on the roof.

^This is one of my favourite photos of my car its like its in is natural habitat I can almost hear Sir Davids commentary about the lesser spotted boosted v10 estate the last of a dying breed.

Long epic road trips though wales and up to Abersoch.

One year and just over 6000 miles, 1500 litres of fuel and 4 MPSS tires and one happy owner. My car is used hard and as an estate.

Who's cars are garage queens and who's get used daily? Who takes their car on holiday?

I will post soon with my future plans and 2017 updates.

Thanks for reading.

*Edited 17/08/17 to fix embedded photos.
Last edited by GBR1198 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clio 172 cup Track Car (AST 5200, cage, Carbon seats etc.)
2.0 Locost - Part finished
Old English White '68 4.2 E Type - current
Daytona B7 RS4 MRC Stage 2 - current
Sapang C6 RS, MRC Stage 2 - current
e91 Lci 335d - Gone
Daytona C6 RS6 Stock - Gone
Avis B5 RS4, Milltek, Brembo 18z and MRC 440ps and 660nm - Gone
DPB Mk5 Golf R32 - Gone

RS6chris!
Cruising

Re: My C6 RS6

Post by RS6chris! » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:05 am

Great wrote up fella

Nice car too....looks similar to my old C6...miss the umphhhh of it!!
RS6 C8 carbon black(merlin)
RS6 C8 launch edition
R8 V10 plus
C7 RS6 PE dynamic pack plus
C7 RS6
Porsche Panamera Turbo
C6 RS6 AVANT
RS4 B7
Golf R32 mk 5
BMW M3 E46
Golf R32 mk 5
Golf GTI mk 5
VW Passat 130d 4 motion
VW bora 150pd
Ford Mondeo Ghia X V6
Ford Focus zetec
Rover 214!!

Paulm
Top Gear

Post by Paulm » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:47 am

impressive figures. Very smart looking car!!
BMW 540i
2018 GTR
F90 M5
X3MC
RS3 Saloon
RS7 FL best car I've owned. No faith in turbo oil screen (turbos failing) or sticking oil scraper ring causing missfires.
F10 M5 LCI still no rear grip lol
S7 black Edition Too big and heavy
S3 8V FL DSG 310ps, road noise is a joke
RS3 8P Rubbish
C7 RS6 Fantastic car but missed playing
GTR R35 800bhp, too extreme, crazy fast though
911 Turbo Remapped. Hated it
F10 M5, awesome but no rear grip
RS6 V10 700BHP crazy
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 600bhp

Ben_r1
3rd Gear

Post by Ben_r1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Very clean car, good to see you getting a lot of use out of it.

In a recent house move I wouldn't even let the mrs put boxes in the back of my avant, it's a driving machine not a donkey lol.

Return to “Readers' Rides”