Michelle's Imola RS4 Cab

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
Jules
Top Gear

Re: Michelle's Imola RS4 Cab

Post by Jules » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:44 am

Cab lover wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:28 pm
That cab has been on sale for over 12 months at the dealer started out at £22990 !! And the reason I know is I have the only other imola cab for sale to my knowledge and with black optics😚
So you think there may only be 2 imola cabs in the UK ?
Drive low,park lower

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:48 am

dougle_turbo wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:29 pm
I wondered where this cab went, I was eyeing it up for the ceramics. Looked pretty sorted on paper. Did you knock them down any? It was on for £17900ish wasn't it?

Just a few quid mate and that took some serious doing as it had already come down from 23k

I do have spare ceramics but I just cant decide if I want to sell them as I'm building another b5 rs4.
I have some s8 front ramics id defo sell but the offset is slightly different, but discs and calipers the
same they just use a different bell.
Drive low,park lower

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:52 am

Surrey Sam wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:01 pm
Congrats on B7 #3.

Black optics is different, not sure about it on the Cab to be honest. See here: https://www.autogespot.com/audi-rs4-cab ... 2013/03/28

I'm sure you already know this being a serial mod'er. But the Cabriolet buckets are quite rare to find, as they have a folding seat back mechanism. So normal Saloon and Avant ones will not work, as intended on the Cab.

Have you thought about ADV.1 manufactured RSQ.1 wheels before, I think there OEM'ish and would look sweet on the Cab. Those multi spokes are too fiddly for the B7 IMHO.
Its cool I already have folding r8 buckets 8)
Yes its defo going black optics and I will try and sort it this week.
As for wheels I wont be going adv, the OZ are cool wheels but it will be running rad48s and Ispiri the
2 brands I sell :thumbs:
Drive low,park lower

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:04 am

Boom!Image

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:24 am

MikeFish wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:04 am
Boom!Image
Cheers Mike

Certainly not as low as I was hoping and I'm sure it will settle some but still a big improvement
and certainly seems to handle better.
The front will go really low but the rear is at its limit, we were going to remove the helper spring
but Stuart said that's what held the spring better in position so I didn't want to push him to much.
Drive low,park lower

Cab lover
Neutral

Post by Cab lover » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:48 pm

Hi not seen another imola cab ever- well in over 4 years at least ! mine did originally have ceramics / Milltek etc on and was on Aston Martin Cardiffs website back in June 2013
however would you adam and eve it DK nipped in just before I could view it and bought it then sold it to me 2 months later minus all the juicy bits!!! :bash:
Still fortune favours the brave and I concur black optics look the danglys !
Attachments
IMG-20170508-WA0016.jpg
20170511_103413.jpg

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:29 pm

Cab lover wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:48 pm
Hi not seen another imola cab ever- well in over 4 years at least ! mine did originally have ceramics / Milltek etc on and was on Aston Martin Cardiffs website back in June 2013
however would you adam and eve it DK nipped in just before I could view it and bought it then sold it to me 2 months later minus all the juicy bits!!! :bash:
Serious I really love the look of yours and it looks a really clean example, Its just the wheels that also put me off as they would have been sold on and worth nothing.
I know Jimbo struggled to get £200 for his set of Jade wheels.
Nice to see yours again as going for the black optics wednesday and still undecided as to do the mirrors or not and now I still cant decide lol.
Drive low,park lower

Cab lover
Neutral

Post by Cab lover » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:21 pm

Imho black mirrors just tips it too far but hey if you,re not living on the edge you,re taking up too much space!

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:42 pm

Jules wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:29 pm
Cab lover wrote:
Serious I really love the look of yours and it looks a really clean example, Its just the wheels that also put me off as they would have been sold on and worth nothing.
Nice to see yours again as going for the black optics wednesday and still undecided as to do the mirrors or not and now I still cant decide lol.
Hey maybe ask Michelle? You sure you don't want to change the title to Jules car that Michelle drives? :biggrin3:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:44 pm

Cab lover wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:21 pm
Imho black mirrors just tips it too far but hey if you,re not living on the edge you,re taking up too much space!
Looking at the photo above I sort of agree. But leaving them alu also doesn't look right. I think you need an inbetween colour like titan? What colour will the wheels be? Maybe get the motors and wheels to match.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:04 pm

Titan window surround too.

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:02 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:42 pm
Jules wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:29 pm
Cab lover wrote:
Hey maybe ask Michelle? You sure you don't want to change the title to Jules car that Michelle drives? :biggrin3:
Ok good point mate, she does tell me off for getting to giddy and taking over lol
Drive low,park lower

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:04 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:44 pm
Cab lover wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:21 pm
Looking at the photo above I sort of agree. But leaving them alu also doesn't look right. I think you need an inbetween colour like titan? What colour will the wheels be? Maybe get the motors and wheels to match.
See this is the other issue, we all know I will be changing wheels at a stupid rate so its hard to try and pick
something that works with most looks but I guess if I wrap its easily changed.
But at some point I would prefer to paint the mirrors for a nicer finish or carbon them
Drive low,park lower

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:32 pm

How about do the Joey mod and leave the alu mirrors? Imo that'll work with black optics.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:40 pm

chunky79 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:32 pm
How about do the Joey mod and leave the alu mirrors? Imo that'll work with black optics.
Good shout mate and yes lights will be getting done :thumbs:
Drive low,park lower

Return to “Readers' Rides”