That Red RS4 B7 Avant (Picture Heavy)

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
ameet
Neutral

That Red RS4 B7 Avant (Picture Heavy)

Post by ameet » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:06 pm

So after previously having a B7 RS4 Salon, we were on the hunt for an Avant. Some pics of the Salon.

We were only interested in two colours, the sprint blue or the red. The red was a deal-sealer and soon as we found one for sale we headed out to go and see it. It just happened to be for sale in Scotland so after a weekend trip we now owned a lovely red avant!

It was completely standard apart from the LED rear lights. When viewing it was wasn't in the best of conditions. The brakes seemed warped, having owned a RS4 before we could tell it was covered in carbon and the exhaust values were not opening when in sport etc.. But these things can be fixed and it was important that the bodywork was mint. It was kept in a garage and you could really see that in the condition of the car.

The first job was to get the Disks skimmed and pads replaced.

Just a few random shots

We then had our first drive to Worthersee, we had no issues with the car, didn't skip a beat the whole way there and back and was just a pleasure to drive. If you haven't done the trip before its well worth going!

Near the end of the trip the scenery was just amazing, it started to snow on the way back so was a slightly longer journey on the return back home but was a absolute pleasure to drive.

After that long trip had to give it a good wash down, wheels off and arches cleaned!

The wheels were then sealed making future washes easier hopefully...

Outside and inside all clean :)

Next up on the list was to get the car lowered, having experienced KW V3s before it was a no brainer to get the same again. They really do transform the drive of the car and you wouldn't even notice it had been lowered. Sealed them up too so they can be easily cleaned.

ImageImage

While the car was off road for the suspension change took the opportunity to clean the lenses and paint the insides black. CAF also fitted.

Once back on the road next task was to get all the silver bits blacked out, roof bars, window surrounds and front grill. (Didn't get round to getting the wind mirror's done just yet) And also added a light tint, wanted it to look OEM as much as possible.

Car detailed up and ready for the next trip to MIVW.

Ride hight slightly off with all the heavy luggage in boot.

My friends TTRS

Few random reflection shots

New wheels then picked up... love the concave of these. Not too keen on the colour but they do the job.

First day with the new wheels on at the Style Dynamics show in Hayes

Couple more random pictures at Edition 38/Westside 2016

Next up was to get the car booked in with Style Dynamics, pre cats removed, centre box removed and new flexis put in. What a difference the pre cats make with them removed!

A few random shots over the winter period

And the most recent pictures from the Club GTI meet and Ace Cafe
Last edited by ameet on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunky79
Cruising

Re: That Red RS4 B7 Avant (Picture Heavy)

Post by chunky79 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:57 pm

WOW.
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Rw@@dy
4th Gear

Post by Rw@@dy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:16 pm

Rotors on an avant go so well! You car looks so good

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:25 pm

Really impressive work, rotors look great and excellent pics too, thanks for sharing.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

Davidol
Neutral

Post by Davidol » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:37 pm

Looks awesome dude, keep it up! Did your grey one have quite a story behind it? Remember it struggling to sell on eBay for ages

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:29 pm

As painful as it was waiting for the pics to load over O2's crappy network whilst sat on a train - that was well worth it!

Amazing how much of a transformation you get from a nice drop and a decent set of wheels!

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:14 pm

Looking good!

What did you do to the headlights lenses? They look new. Or were they already in good condition but just needed a clean?

C17LJR
4th Gear

Post by C17LJR » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Lovely!

2007 Daytona Grey RS 4 Avant
2013 Daytona Grey RS 4 Avant

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:18 pm

MikeFish wrote:Looking good!

What did you do to the headlights lenses? They look new. Or were they already in good condition but just needed a clean?
I was wondering that. Looks like quite an aggressive sand down, and then I'm guessing it was polished back up in stages?
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

ameet
Neutral

Post by ameet » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:11 pm

Davidol wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:37 pm
Looks awesome dude, keep it up! Did your grey one have quite a story behind it? Remember it struggling to sell on eBay for ages
It actually got a story once we sold it... it was the best RS4 we have driven/had, it certainly drove better than the avant (although the avant does still need some work to get it running right, Carbon clean etc) the salon had freshly been carbon cleaned and you could just tell it had been well looked after, you could really feel it in the drive. It seemed that once it was sold it became a cat c or d and I saw it floating on ebay for ages, it sold in less than 24 hours of the advert going up when we had it.
FaisalJ wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:18 pm

I was wondering that. Looks like quite an aggressive sand down, and then I'm guessing it was polished back up in stages?
Yes a very aggressive sand down, defiantly not something I would do again! Best to just buy new ones!

Davidol
Neutral

Post by Davidol » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:25 pm

ameet wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:11 pm
Davidol wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:37 pm
It actually got a story once we sold it... it was the best RS4 we have driven/had, it certainly drove better than the avant (although the avant does still need some work to get it running right, Carbon clean etc) the salon had freshly been carbon cleaned and you could just tell it had been well looked after, you could really feel it in the drive. It seemed that once it was sold it became a cat c or d and I saw it floating on ebay for ages, it sold in less than 24 hours of the advert going up when we had it.
FaisalJ wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:18 pm

Yes a very aggressive sand down, defiantly not something I would do again! Best to just buy new ones!
Yeah sorry I didn't make that clear - saw it sold quickly and remember thinking it was absolutely mint then reappeared quickly with CAT status and loads of other niggles

ameet
Neutral

Post by ameet » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:49 pm

Bit of an update... Finally made the visit to MRC!

New Clutch/flywheel
Carbon clean
CAF
Full Decat
X Pipe
Stage 2

The transformation in sports mode is incredible, was smiling all the way back home! The sound is a lot nicer with a full de-cat and the x pipe, would recommend it. You can really hear it roar on full throttle.

And I also learnt that the car had been previously tuned, possibly by revo. Wasn't pulling bad numbers to start off with but the MRC stage 2 map made a huge difference to the power delivery.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:59 pm

Looks awesome mate. It seemed to make quite good power beforehand. I wonder if that was pre or post carbon clean. How many miles are on the car if you do not my md me asking?

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:07 pm

Quick work and rewards well done. Another fast tomatoe on the road.
:thumbs:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

ameet
Neutral

Post by ameet » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:34 am

marc1 wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:59 pm
Looks awesome mate. It seemed to make quite good power beforehand. I wonder if that was pre or post carbon clean. How many miles are on the car if you do not my md me asking?
It was post carbon clean but it had a map on it (possibly revo), pre cats removed and CAF. It's on about 95K
Covkiller wrote:
Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:07 pm
Quick work and rewards well done. Another fast tomatoe on the road.
:thumbs:
:D cheers dude

Return to “Readers' Rides”