C5 rs6 "bane"

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
Jayjay101
4th Gear

C5 rs6 "bane"

Post by Jayjay101 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:38 pm

Hi I've had this now for 3 weeks and truth be told it does need work so thought I'd start this to keep track and show people it can be done at home.gearbox is fine and was rebuilt in 2014 and I had it serviced 2 weeks ago by JKM in Portsmouth and apart from the oil being a little black there were no bits in the filters.coilovers are crap as the springs are not up to the weight of the car but I do have some h&r springs that I'll put on soon.ive just changed the front discs and pads and got tears to do next.also have a new maf to Put on as there not reading the same.here she is.Imageive had to replace the MAF plugs as the old ones have been butchered!ImageImagethis is the show the state of the front pads they even by past the ware alarm!Imagethen there's the cv joints well they were so bad I had to hammer the old ones out!Imagebut now have rebuilt both front axles Imagetheres still a hell of a lot more to do I have a load of service parts(plugs-oils-filters ect) to fit as well as a proflow exhaust to fit.this is my 3rd c5(I've got a 2.7t a6 avant as a daily) so I know them pretty well and this is my dream car so even though it needs work(I got it cheap!)I'll have peace of mind that I know it's done and I enjoy working on them.
c5 rs6 owner thats been known to cut the wrong wire.............

chunky79
Cruising

Re: C5 rs6

Post by chunky79 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:55 am

That's my dream C5, black with Cognac! :kissmyrings:

Pretty sure the h&r coil overs are poor, they sag premature.
Can't believe the state of those maf plugs :bash:
You replaced the brakes with oem?
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Jayjay101
4th Gear

Re: C5 rs6 "bane"

Post by Jayjay101 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:59 am

chunky79 wrote:That's my dream C5, black with Cognac! :kissmyrings:

Hi mate-those maf plugs really pi##ed me off as its not hard to get off!brakes front and rear are OEM ones-h&rs ar just a stop gap while I sort everything else out!lol

Jayjay101
4th Gear

Post by Jayjay101 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:00 am

chunky79 wrote:That's my dream C5, black with Cognac! :kissmyrings:

Hi mate-those maf plugs really pi##ed me off as its not hard to get off!brakes front and rear are OEM ones-h&rs ar just a stop gap while I sort everything else out!lol

Jules
Top Gear

Re: C5 rs6

Post by Jules » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:17 am

Love this car :rocker:

Why didn't you tell me you had one lol
Drive low,park lower

Jayjay101
4th Gear

Post by Jayjay101 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:11 am

Jules wrote:Love this car :rocker:

Why didn't you tell me you had one lol
I was playing hard to get!Image

Jayjay101
4th Gear

Post by Jayjay101 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:49 pm

Update-so I've just changed the mafs and the engine temp sensor and engines running a lot better now because of that and the fact the airbox is bolted down as the nuts were missing were it bolts down on the cam covers and the thread was stripped on the inlet manifold so I drilled it out and welded a nut on the underside of the bracket that the n112 is onImagealso does anyone know where I can get the grommets that fit in hereImage were the air boxs fits as mine are missing!changed the wing mirrors glass as both mine were clouded Image also changed the Ariel as that was falling apart.had my steering wheel re-trimmed in black alcantara with white stitchingImage really happy with it think I'm going to get the handbrake and shifter done next.started fitting my proflow exhaust today and not going to lie the fit is crap I've had to reweld a few bits!does sound good but I need to get the fit a bit better before I test drive it.and while I was under the car I removed one of the Drc pumps and changed the diff oilImagewill remove the other pump 2omoro as well as get the exhaust to fit better!hopefully get some more time on the car over Xmas .

Return to “Readers' Rides”