Charger build thread

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
Lukes3
4th Gear

Re: Charger build thread

Post by Lukes3 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:22 pm

Yes. Tts charger kit.
Just had a bad few months so been delayed in fitting
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:38 pm

Lads i have started :rocker:
Not done to much as the weather is crap an isn't enough room in the garage! Hoping to do more tomorrow. So..so far i have striped the front end, there is more to our front end then first thought, in the tts manual it says leave the front end attached via power steering pipes an oil cooler pipes but im not doing that i am hoping to take that all off just to make life easier an not leaning over it all to remove mainfold. This is what it looks like now.
Attachments
IMG_7380.JPG
IMG_7381.JPG
Last edited by Lukes3 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:38 pm

Can't wait to see this!
Can i ask why you are fitting it yourself & what are you planning to do once its fitted regarding mapping? Iv been told they are fairly straight forward to fit, are the instructions good?
Keep up the good work!
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.
Launch control & flat shift :mrgreen:

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:01 pm

Basically im fitting it because im a engineer anyway an i enjoy doing this sort of stuff plus the inner ocd in me comes out and i can do stuff that the garage wont, like i want to paint the fan cowling as it looks crap an stop things rubbing as much as possible while building it up.
Mapping wise Richard at tts has told me the car should drive fine once running but just keep the rpm no more then 3000, but saying that i think a mate will be taking it to MRC on a trailer for me.
Instructions are ok richard gave me a complete file with pictures to help. There is a few parts in the manual that dont make sense yet but that might be because im not at that stage yet, we shell see.
Cheers mate.

TAB1S
3rd Gear

Post by TAB1S » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:32 pm

Fair enough, i know what you mean i love working on my car and that extra bit of time & love that you put in can be very satisfying.
Interesting you can drive it after but to be on the safe side id trailer it to MRC too.
Would love a tts one day so very jealous atm.
RS4 B7
MRC stage2 436ps-487nm
Revolution intake, custom CAF, carbon clean, deflaped manifold, JHM manifold spacers, Forge oil cooler, Forge spacers, full de-cat, Scorpion cat back, Trup's LED's, 20' S5 wheels, KW V3's.
Launch control & flat shift :mrgreen:

yhussain1
Neutral

Charger build thread

Post by yhussain1 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:10 am

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:08 pm

Ok, so i have had a few problems but nothing i didnt expect, as said above i wanted to remove the front panel completely an also wanted to change the oil cooler lines while there. Well i took the oilcooler to work to try get the pipes off with all types of methods to save the cooler but no luck, just strips the threads off. Soo am in need of a cooler and lines but i refuse to pay audi prices.
Been in the trade an also having a hose company at my work i have come up with a plan. More to come on that once all sorted, the picture of the fitting is something im thinking about as thats the bit that goes on to the engine least then can have hoses made easier due to no special ends.
But on the rad pack i have gave it a bit of a clean up an fitted the new large fan cowling and bolts from tts and re-routed some wiring to make room for the extra pulleys.
Just wish this weather would pi** off.
Attachments
IMG_7390.JPG
IMG_7391.JPG
IMG_7394.JPG
Last edited by Lukes3 on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Good to see it's finally started :thumbs:
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

MB2
Top Gear

Post by MB2 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Glad you have got started - I love these sorts of threads especially the extras you will do. Good luck with the build and look forward to following your progress !

MB2
Top Gear

Post by MB2 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:20 pm

PS Now is a good time to change the coolant tank if it isn't already on your list.

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Cheers lads yep coolant tank is already here with a new cap :thumbs:
So i made these today Image
This is the start of the oil cooler pipe mod im doing.

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:29 pm

Done a little more on the rad pack. I renewed the pop rivets on steal bracket at the bottom that holds the oil cooler on an painted it whilst i was there ill get a picture to show you.

Other night i installed the pre rad on to the rad pack aswell so i can just lift it in to place in one go when im ready.Image

Today i removed the inlet manifold an the other bits an bobs to get ready to install the new stuff.
I spoke to doug at MRC to see if he recommended anything that should be changed before putting the supercharger in place.
He said it might be worth changing the high fuel pressure sensor and both high pressure fuel release valves as the how job would need striping back down if there was a problem. So i brought these a while ago knowing i wanted to fit them.
I also changed all the injectors for new ones to be on the safe side.
ImageImageImage
Then today i fitted the new air intake in to place on put the hoses on but i want to do a carbon clean before i go any further its not bad but i might aswell do it now. Image

While doing all this i noticed the front small engine mount dose not look very clever at all so i have ordered a new one from jhm todayImage
Thats all folks for now.

Paddski
3rd Gear

Post by Paddski » Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:14 pm

Will you do mine when you're done
RS6 Performace C7
Honda NSX 2017
Ford Licensed Shelby 1966 350GTH Replica......in build.....
Porsche Cayman GT4 Agate Grey...Wrapped Matte Blue, sold
RS4 B7, 2007, 20" HRE P40's + MRC mods
Bentley Continental GT Titan 600hp, sold
L200 Barbarian, sold

Pistolpete2543
3rd Gear

Post by Pistolpete2543 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:06 am

This is definitely one of the most interesting threads on the forum at the minute. Very good write-up so far, and fair play to you for doing it yourself.

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:02 pm

Been busy this weekend, i done another carbon clean beens i was there it had only done around 3000mile since the last one so wasnt that bad but 3 ports just seem a little wet of oil and i have not long put a new pcv valve on it. But never took any pictures of this because we have all seen carbon cleaning now lol.
Fitted the adaptors to the heads with new gaskets that come in the kit an also the nylon spacer/gasket that sits beetween the adaptors and the lower supercharger unit.ImageImagethen fitted the lower half of the charger unitImageImageImage
Then i ran the oil feed an return from the supercharger to carry on later on in the install.

High pressure fuel pumps where next as there weather was crap an i could do them in side. Striped down and rebuilt with new uprated internals that also come in the kit from tts.
ImageImage
So thats that so far. So far so good.

Return to “Readers' Rides”