But yes Mike is correct.
RS4 B7 - PLUSH BUILT | MRC WORKED
BUILD THREAD
IG: @bad_rs_4

Covkiller
Top Gear

Re: Jonys RS4 Project

Post by Covkiller » Mon May 22, 2017 9:32 pm

I would post a video but don't know how to.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Mon May 22, 2017 11:02 pm

Epic work Jony! The car is one of a kind now. Great to see you're still driving it properly even when bagged, and it's not all show and no go!

Get yourself down to JCWF, and perhaps get something like Ilya's setup if the non-res version is too loud for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Tue May 23, 2017 9:21 am

FaisalJ wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 11:02 pm
Epic work Jony! The car is one of a kind now. Great to see you're still driving it properly even when bagged, and it's not all show and no go!

Get yourself down to JCWF, and perhaps get something like Ilya's setup if the non-res version is too loud for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Faisal, to be honest mate i wanted my interior done ever since joining here and seeing yours.

I was thinking of giving fourie fabrications a call when I'm back to see what they might be able to do. I want something that's going to bring out the low end rumble but also is going to give me flames on launch control. Lol.
BUILD THREAD

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:05 pm

Well I finally sorted out the handbrake. I've been waiting on missing parts for a while now but they have arrived and I fit them this afternoon.

This is the adapter that allows the ball on the end of the b7 handbrake cable to attach. The brakes were originally off an r8 that uses a hook instead.
IMG_4997.JPG
There was also a little persuasion needed to get one of the cables to fit. Finally got to use my dremel.
IMG_4996.JPG
IMG_4998.JPG
IMG_4999.JPG
Other than some new carbon badges that's about it. I think I've driven over 3000 miles since getting the big stuff out of the way so just been enjoying it.
IMG_5001.JPG
Next up I'm cleaning up the front end as it's letting the car down a bit in my opinion. Bumper resprayed hopefully along with grills in a gloss black. I'm also ditching the yellow film as it was only temporary anyway. I've got a new set of lenses and trups is sorting me out a few things. Looking at painting and dying internals. Not sure exactly what I'm getting but it should be cool. It'll be a mix of yellow and black obviously and possibly phone controlled multi coloured projectors.

Also been speaking to Stewart Fourie about getting him to knock me up an exhaust. Just waiting on him to finish his so I can hear it. 👍👍
BUILD THREAD

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:42 pm

Pleased you got the handbrake sorted buddy. Need some pictures when the new lights are in then... I liked the angry wasp look though. :lol:

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:00 am

Car looks awesome mate, really good work 8)

My only slight niggle is the lambo brake Stickers lol, but that's just being picky ha ha
Drive low,park lower

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:17 am

Jules wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:00 am

My only slight niggle is the lambo brake Stickers lol, but that's just being picky ha ha
Thanks Jules, it's getting there. The cleanup of the front end should really finish the look off nicely i'm hoping and will be just in time for the DF show.

I'm surprised that it's taken this long for someone to bring the brakes up, I expected someone to bring this up when it was first done but you're the first.... I really couldn't decide what to go for, didn't want Audi ceramic on the front and not the back. If I did it again I would probably go for something different as they look too small on the calipers. Anyway it's all a bit of fun which you well know.. :thumb:
BUILD THREAD

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 am

jonytek wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:17 am
Jules wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:00 am

Thanks Jules, it's getting there. The cleanup of the front end should really finish the look off nicely i'm hoping and will be just in time for the DF show.

I'm surprised that it's taken this long for someone to bring the brakes up, I expected someone to bring this up when it was first done but you're the first.... I really couldn't decide what to go for, didn't want Audi ceramic on the front and not the back. If I did it again I would probably go for something different as they look too small on the calipers. Anyway it's all a bit of fun which you well know.. :thumb:
Like I say thats being silly picky, and for us all we don't always get every detail perfect first time, ive had to tweak plenty lol.
The rear brakes I will defo be in touch re that handbrake fixing bracket for the cable as I will go that route again with the new b7 we have just got.

I really hope you make our show as looking forward to seeing it in the flesh 8)
Drive low,park lower

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:05 pm

Jules wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 am
the new b7 we have just got.
Rule 1... in a different thread though :smile_smoking: saloon, avant or jelly cab?

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:10 pm

^ just seen the other thread :lol: I knew it would be a cab as soon as I write jelly. ARB's and all sorted. :thumb:

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:31 pm

marc1 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:10 pm
^ just seen the other thread :lol: I knew it would be a cab as soon as I write jelly. ARB's and all sorted. :thumb:
Yep defo coming very soon, that and more noise because omg ive never driven one without an exhaust :shock:

I cant tell if the engines running :lol: :lol: :lol:
Drive low,park lower

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Hold on Jules, who's car is it?? :lol:
BUILD THREAD

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:14 pm

So another update with work that I think has really finished off the car, in aesthetics anyway. I had Trups (EM Tuning) contact me with an idea that he had which I really didn't think was going to work at first and was still skeptical until I saw it. He wanted to upgrade my headlights, new lenses, a mix of gloss and matt black internals with dyed yellow lenses. Oh and a batman logo for sh*ts and giggles.

I decided to go for it, I needed to get the bumper resprayed anyway and the outer lenses needed to be switched for a new set I had sitting in the garage so I thought f**k it, let's do it.

What can I say I'm really happy with it all and it has totally transformed the car. I'm really glad those full yellow lights are gone because they were beginning to make me cringe.

I used a company here in london after a recommendation from a forum member. Tony Fawkes Automotive, they did a top job and would definetly recommend them if anyone needs some paint here in London.

And Trups was an absolute pleasure to work with and the quality is second to none. Big up!!

Anyway the pictures.
DSC_1123.jpg
DSC_1127.jpg
DSC_1137.jpg
DSC_1130.jpg
unnamed.jpg
BUILD THREAD

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:19 pm

Awesome Jony. You need to change the B to a T in that blacked out filler plate though now. :wink:

Return to “Readers' Rides”