Jonys RS4 Project

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
Dantheman84
1st Gear

Re: Jonys RS4 Project

Post by Dantheman84 » Fri May 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Lol well if it makes you feel any better I don't use my hand brake due to the fact my car sits around more than it's used so don't won't pads sticking to disc my drive is on a slope and I just leave it rev if facing down hill and 1st other way had no issues for the last 3 years
RS4 kw v3 full miltek no cats :nogarors4:
Intake spacer deflap stage 2 flat shift launch
Kawasaki ZX10R 197bhp :audibash:

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Mon May 22, 2017 8:23 am

So little bit of an update, picked the car up from mrc Friday. They did a carbon clean, coking was quite bad and was only hitting 377 on the dyno. This was completed with a stage 2 map and we threw on a inlet manifold I picked up off a member, the manifold had been worked to the equivalent of a mrc stage 2. Doug actually said the quality of work on it was really good so thanks Luke. He was expecting better numbers but we got 439.9ps so I am happy with that.
IMG_4590.JPG
I had planned to have a crackle map with launch control mapped in also but Doug wouldn't do it with the original cats been on the car. The cats would catch any spent fuel and end up melting. The exhaust needs to be done anyway so I'll look at the soon.

The rear brakes were fit but either they were not familiar with the adaption kit from still static or the part was not there but the rs4 cable could not be fit with the r8 handbrake calipers due to the fitting on the end of the cable. I have spoken with the supplier and I will get my hands on the bits when I get home.
IMG_4606.JPG
The front calipers were fit by myself due to the wrong pins being supplied from the refurbishment company. There was a new kit supplied but the pins were 9mm too short. I ended up getting a same day courier to get them so I could fit them before heading to worthersee.
IMG_4566.JPG
Anyway they are on now although with the stress and trying to rush the job I have fit the upside down.... I know I'm an idiot. I don't see a massive issue with it though. The pads still seem to sit centered and braking is excellent. I had the car on the Nurburgring yesterday and these things are amazing even if my driving is average. Haha.
IMG_4583.JPG
IMG_4605.JPG
I also wanted to mention that now I've got used to the car and also the fact I had it on the ring I can say that the suspension really holds its ground. It's not as good as drc but for fast road it works really well. The Bilstein struts are great.

Anyway I think that's about it. I'm really happy with the car and it definitely got a lot of attention at the ring yesterday. People love the brakes, wheels and air combo. I can't wait to arrive in worthersee in a couple of days to show it off a bit.

Next up will be to finish off the interior, there some bits we didn't get time to do. Also exhaust and then back to mrc so I can get some flames shooting out the back end.
IMG_4610.JPG
Attachments
IMG_4607.JPG
RS4 B7 - PLUSH BUILT | MRC WORKED
BUILD THREAD
IG: @bad_rs_4

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Mon May 22, 2017 8:25 am

IMG_4609.JPG
BUILD THREAD

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:52 am

Good work Jony, it's all coming together nicely and what a trip to celebrate with. Enjoy! Look forward to the next set of tweaks with the exhaust, etc.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Mon May 22, 2017 9:57 am

Looking really smart, especially the Lucazade lights. :drink:
I love the look. :bowdown:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

Rw@@dy
4th Gear

Post by Rw@@dy » Mon May 22, 2017 10:28 am

Car looks great!
Interesting numbers with a stage 2 manifold, I made 430 with all the flaps in place. I thought it would be near 450 in your spec

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Mon May 22, 2017 11:51 am

Rw@@dy wrote:Car looks great!
Interesting numbers with a stage 2 manifold, I made 430 with all the flaps in place. I thought it would be near 450 in your spec

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Standard exhaust.
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Mon May 22, 2017 12:02 pm

I made 447 with flaps in place and no cold air feed, flaps out now and 2 horses more.
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Mon May 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Thanks guys.

Doug was actually surprised and was expecting more. He put it down to the fact that these cars are just getting older now. It's not the end of the world. I'm really happy with it, it pulls really hard now. Once the exhaust is done I'll get him to tweak the map but by then there will be more carbon build up so probably will see less power anyway.
BUILD THREAD

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon May 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Nice one Jony, keep the mods coming although you must be almost done now.
With respect to the comments above about having flaps removed; I didn't think the flap removal alone added power; it was done to stop them failing at a later date. Mine were removed during the carbon clean I think. But this is not the same as a stage 1 or 2 manifold. Yes both the stage 1 and 2 manifold install involves removing the flaps but I thought the power gain came from the ported runners and the ported trumpets.

Dantheman84
1st Gear

Post by Dantheman84 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:33 pm

Nice work love those brakes and also love the nürburgring that's the place to be
RS4 kw v3 full miltek no cats :nogarors4:
Intake spacer deflap stage 2 flat shift launch
Kawasaki ZX10R 197bhp :audibash:

iconic78
3rd Gear

Post by iconic78 » Mon May 22, 2017 4:38 pm

MikeFish wrote:Nice one Jony, keep the mods coming although you must be almost done now.
With respect to the comments above about having flaps removed; I didn't think the flap removal alone added power; it was done to stop them failing at a later date. Mine were removed during the carbon clean I think. But this is not the same as a stage 1 or 2 manifold. Yes both the stage 1 and 2 manifold install involves removing the flaps but I thought the power gain came from the ported runners and the ported trumpets.
I'm curious to know what exactly is done on a stage 2 manifold as only seems to be an MRC thing. Haven't seen anyone doing that in the us and wonder why if it's such a good thing.

Do you guys use the IM spacers??

I changed the arms to 034 ones and removed the separators in the head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:11 pm

Great stuff, good to see the inlet manifold been used. Lot of time gone in to that lol, yours ran more power then mine when i had it lol
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Mon May 22, 2017 6:39 pm

Lukes3 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 6:11 pm
Great stuff, good to see the inlet manifold been used. Lot of time gone in to that lol, yours ran more power then mine when i had it lol
I bet, Doug was impressed mate.
BUILD THREAD

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Mon May 22, 2017 9:07 pm

I agree with Mike, the porting is what provides the benefit. I only had my flaps removed because of excessive movement in the shaft causing inefficiency and a big drop in power at the very top end. Doug noted it in the big rumble last May.

Return to “Readers' Rides”