RS3 8V: One step at a time

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
DavidRS4
4th Gear

Re: RS3 8V: One step at a time

Post by DavidRS4 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:14 pm

Epic!
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

fagin
1st Gear

Post by fagin » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:21 pm

So, after picking the car up on the Monday I was invited (like on the day of the event) to attend Mission Motorsports inaugural "Launch Control" event on the following Saturday. When I say "on the day" I mean I was out in the car already on Saturday morning and got a text to go over, so I immediately dropped what I was doing and headed over to Abingdon Airfield. I was actually out logging at the time and unfortunately had just filled up with a tank of Tesco Momentum. This wasn't about any event prep.... it was just a good opportunity for me to have a bit of a shakedown with the car to see where it stood in it's current "shopping car" state.

Some very nice road cars turned up to see where they stood covering Mclaren, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Mercedes AMG and Nissan GTR along with a properly sorted RCM Bentley GT race car.

To cut a long story short I only did 3 runs on the day and stopped due to soaring charge temps (we were seeing temps touching nearly 60degs) and an error code being thrown relating to the HPFP.

Regardless of this the car achieved the following 1/4m times:

1st run: 10.7
2nd run: 10.5
3rd run: 10.2
I was happy with how the car performed on these runs as a baseline on 99oct, PZero tyres and 100% full shopping car weight!

I'll be down Santa Pod in the near future to see where the car is down a proper strip.

Regardless..... I'm looking to fit my secondary port injection in the future, up the boost on the GTX3582 and then see where we are. After that I will be installing the larger GTX3584RS turbo.

It will be good to see where the car is on the black stuff as we progress through each step of the next round of upgrades.

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:46 am

Epically quick!
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

fagin
1st Gear

Post by fagin » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:25 am

I was out in the RS3 yesterday for a quick run out to McDonald's :D and on the way back drove down a nice quiet and freshly laid tarmac national speed limit road.  Obviously this was no drag strip official timing or did I have my Dragy in toe, but it was rude not to have a quick blat and I thought I would let my P3 gauge time this little stab to 60. 

This is full weight fatty car, over half a tank of Tesco's finest and still shod in OEM Pzero 4yr old tyres.

With a good grip set-up the times via these gauges are between 2-3/10ths off a Dragy (so can be inline with Dragy 1ft rollout).  It is what it is. 

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:28 am

That is insane.

Return to “Readers' Rides”