My B7 RS4

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
kevconn
2nd Gear

My B7 RS4

Post by kevconn » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:26 am

For a long time i've longed to own an RS4 and in February of this year i traded in my Audi TTS for a 07 Sprint Blue saloon. When i went to view the car i'd done my research and most of the more important things had been done or replaced. The only thing of concern to me at the time was the lack of service history but the car seemed straight and within a couple of weeks i'd recieved a duplicate service book from AudiUk documenting all it's history therefore easing any concerns.

This was the car as i'd bought it:

The car as you can see is fiited with 20"x10" BBS CX-r alloys which i eventually had re-powdercoated in gloss black. I've also fitted new 265/30/20 Continental Sport 3 tyres all round.

The first jobs i did were to replace the dis-coloured expansion tank and bonnet strut;

Next on my jobs list was to get the rear windows tinted with a 20% black tint as i like to do with all my cars:

After having the car serviced, a couple of unsuspected and unwanted things materialised. I needed the inlet manifold flaps sorting as they were stuck open and then it became apparent that the oil cooler pipes were weeping. Both these jobs were carried out at Unit 20 and they did a fantastic job on the car. The oil cooler was replaced with an uprated Forge cooler and pipework:

Next on my list was to get the car in for a full bodywork detail:

At the beginning of July i noticed a small amount of water on the drive under the nearside wheel, turned out to be the auxillary radiator so that was replaced along with 2 new clutch switches, again at Unit 20. I've done just over 2k miles in the car since i've owned it and apart from a couple of expensive bills along the way i have to say it's everything i thought it would be.

The car does have a Milltek exhaust and sounds beautiful. The comments on how it looks and sounds that i get from people make all the constant trips to the petrol station worth it. I may at some stage look into getting it re-mapped though. Next jobs on the list are wheels off to repaint the calipers and replace the caliper stickers and at the same time put new pads in that i've just purchased, some Feroda DS performance pads.
Sprint Blue B7 RS4, Milltek, Resonator Delete, Bilstein Suspension, ITG Panel Filter, Forge Oil Cooler,BBS Alloys, Black Optics, Rear Tints, TRW Track Control Arms, Carbon Clean.

Ian_C
Cruising

Re: My B7 RS4

Post by Ian_C » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:07 am

Very nice. Sprint is the fastest colour and all....
B5 B6 B7 B9

RichieRS
4th Gear

Post by RichieRS » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:36 pm

Stunner buddy :thumbs:

I do really like the sprint blue with black optics and wheels. Was so tempted to go this root but there does seem to be quite a few that have gone that way or with the titanium look so thought I would stay to the original colour theme.

kevconn
2nd Gear

Post by kevconn » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:23 pm

RichieRS wrote:Stunner buddy :thumbs:

I do really like the sprint blue with black optics and wheels. Was so tempted to go this root but there does seem to be quite a few that have gone that way or with the titanium look so thought I would stay to the original colour theme.
Thanks,

I've got a thing for black wheels, not everybodys cup of tea i know. I keep looking out for a set of 20" genuine rotors but they seem to be stupid money as i'd have to factor in the cost of painting them Black !!!
Sprint Blue B7 RS4, Milltek, Resonator Delete, Bilstein Suspension, ITG Panel Filter, Forge Oil Cooler,BBS Alloys, Black Optics, Rear Tints, TRW Track Control Arms, Carbon Clean.

RichieRS
4th Gear

Post by RichieRS » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:09 pm

I do think the blue and black work really well and may well go down that route for a change at some point. I'm on first name terms with my local wheel refurb place as I seem to be in there getting a scratch, kerb or chip repaired every other week lol

RichieRS
4th Gear

Post by RichieRS » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:12 pm

Have you considered doing the headlight black out mod. I think that and the mirrors and it would look spot on
Last edited by RichieRS on Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

kevconn
2nd Gear

Post by kevconn » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:02 am

Not really mate, i like the mirrors as they are and tbh i'm not overly keen on darkening the lights.............plus i'm too short tempered to even give it a go :roll:

kevconn
2nd Gear

Post by kevconn » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:56 pm

I was approached prior to Christmas by a guy starting up his own photography business asking if he could take some pictures of my car and possibly use them on his website:

Quite pleased with the results !!!
Last edited by kevconn on Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

nw99
Neutral

Post by nw99 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:24 pm

Looks lovely

Rw@@dy
4th Gear

Post by Rw@@dy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:13 pm

They are great pictures!

daytonamart
5th Gear

Post by daytonamart » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:23 am

Looks great, well done.
Gone B8.5 A5 Sportback Black Edition Plus Floret Silver
Current C6 A6 Avant Silver TDi S line snotter
Gone B7 RS4 Sprint Blue Avant
Gone 8P A3 Sportback Reflex Silver
Gone 8V A3 Saloon Daytona Grey
Gone B7 A4 Reflex Silver
Gone B7 RS4 Daytona Grey Avant

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:53 am

That look really good mate, again as mentioned the sprint with black optics really works
Drive low,park lower

Paddski
3rd Gear

Post by Paddski » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:34 pm

I always wanted sprint blue but ended up with the missano red I've owned for several years nowImage
RS6 Performace C7
Honda NSX 2017
Ford Licensed Shelby 1966 350GTH Replica......in build.....
Porsche Cayman GT4 Agate Grey...Wrapped Matte Blue, sold
RS4 B7, 2007, 20" HRE P40's + MRC mods
Bentley Continental GT Titan 600hp, sold
L200 Barbarian, sold

kevconn
2nd Gear

Post by kevconn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:37 am

Well, after a week away at Unit 20 for a carbon clean, i got the car back on Saturday morning and what a massive difference the CC has made to the car. It's felt lumpy when running from cold for a while now and felt down on power too but not any more..............

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:15 am

Enjoy while it lasts :)
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Return to “Readers' Rides”