Post by DeanoC » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:46 pm

Massive modifications tonight.
.Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

DeanoC
4th Gear

Re: Deano's B8 RS4

Post by DeanoC » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:31 pm

I got these fake carbon bits as templates for a closer to OEM vinyl (which i haven't found yet). These 2 bits of grey plastic annoy me.

Oh and i finally got around to the rear badge.ImageImageImage

DeanoC
4th Gear

Post by DeanoC » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:27 am

Someone pm'd to query if i had the spacing between the S and the 4 right. As you'll know by this thread i am a tad OCD so i did quickly scale all the instances (other than engine badge) on my phone before i stuck it down. It's now exactly like the seats which i took as a reference as it would have been templated rather thsn applied by hand like the rear badge.

I know the S is not right.....Image

RS4B8LYF
3rd Gear

Post by RS4B8LYF » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:28 am

Surrey Sam wrote:Good work.

I had the Sunroof TPI done on mine and the Tech wasn't happy that it cured my fault, so they then decided to fit a new panoramic sunroof frame which has now resolved the noise.
Could you enlighten me on this further, I have creeping happening that started with a whistle. Many thanks sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:kissmyrings:

DeanoC
4th Gear

Post by DeanoC » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:32 am

RS4B8LYF wrote:
Surrey Sam wrote:Good work.

I had the Sunroof TPI done on mine and the Tech wasn't happy that it cured my fault, so they then decided to fit a new panoramic sunroof frame which has now resolved the noise.
Could you enlighten me on this further, I have creeping happening that started with a whistle. Many thanks sir

Hi. There is a fault where the sunroof creaks while driving. They grease the runners and check the alignment as part of a fix but sometimes it doesn't remedy it and they fit a new frame.

RS4B8LYF
3rd Gear

Post by RS4B8LYF » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:34 am

Thanks Dean, are you going to Wales if so I'll come loaded with newbie questions.....btw the car (yours) looks great!

DeanoC
4th Gear

Post by DeanoC » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:41 am

RS4B8LYF wrote:Thanks Dean, are you going to Wales if so I'll come loaded with newbie questions.....btw the car (yours) looks great!

I sure am mate. Happy to help and I'll bring my VCDS.

RS4B8LYF
3rd Gear

Post by RS4B8LYF » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:46 am

Now that's just showing orf, can this provide me with the "winking" indicators? Love a show off ;-)

DeanoC
4th Gear

Post by DeanoC » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:50 am

RS4B8LYF wrote:Now that's just showing orf, can this provide me with the "winking" indicators? Love a show off ;-)

Sure can.

DeanoC
4th Gear

Post by DeanoC » Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:03 pm

Got the adaptation to make the car remember the gearbox and engine drive select state on start up working:

Before:

https://youtu.be/iTFFiTvwysQ

After:

https://youtu.be/Jv-vyAHMQNc

It does effect the throttle map and exhaust valves not just the D/S box setting but a cold start will override the exhaust valves to closed and a cycle through the drive select modes in P or a shift into drive from P will be required to open them as per normal Dynamic settings

RS4B8LYF
3rd Gear

Post by RS4B8LYF » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:06 pm

Looks like Wales meet is gonna be a education

DeanoC
4th Gear

Post by DeanoC » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Cold start in dynamic with standard coding. Your options for opening the valves are a cycle through the modes or put it in Drive and then pull down to S. Note putting it back in D after this will revert the valves so the only way to make it stick is to cycle the modes:

https://youtu.be/OMY6TSpFCXw

Next up is the adjusted coding on a cold start in Dynamic. Again the valves shut because the cold start overides the dynamic setting but just putting it in drive opens them because it is in S from start not D. After this the drive select button works as normal to close and open them again:

https://youtu.be/7QdezcoVQ3c

Last up is a cold start followed by a warm start. The cold start valve operation is tested with the drive select button by a full cycle, it is shut down in dynamic then started again with no changes:

https://youtu.be/80iE99haByo

DeanoC
4th Gear

Post by DeanoC » Tue May 02, 2017 7:27 am

Hi all, i can't believe I'm typing this but my car is casually up for sale. I literally love this thing like my children but i have some major house development coming up and need to be sensible for a short period.

I'm not going to do an ad as i'm just seeing if there is any interest. The basic points are:

- 63 plate MY14
- 33k on clock
- FASH and still in approved warranty until end of August
- 5k to next service
- Really high spec (took me 3 months to find) with sports pack, pano roof, advanced key, 3G high+ with phone, memory seats and mirrors, black pack
- A1 condition
- subtle mods, carbon mirrors, black badges, choice of milltek resonated, unresonated or OEM sports exhaust, upgraded EM tuning lights (over £1k of work), rs6 rear caliper plates.

Based on audi approved RS4's currently for sale I'm competitively pricing it at 39k + 1k for mods - 1k for the audi warranty you would want to buy - £500 for half of the 38k service as I'm half way through the interval.

So yours for £38.5k

RS4B8LYF
3rd Gear

Post by RS4B8LYF » Tue May 02, 2017 7:30 am

DeanoC wrote:Hi all, i can't believe I'm typing this but my car is casually up for sale. I literally love this thing like my children but i have some major house development coming up and need to be sensible for a short period.

I'm not going to do an ad as i'm just seeing if there is any interest. The basic points are:

- 63 plate MY14
- 33k on clock
- 5k to next service
- Really high spec (took me 3 months to find) with sports pack, pano roof, advanced key, 3G high+ with phone, memory seats and mirrors, black pack
- A1 condition
- subtle mods, carbon mirrors, black badges, choice of milltek resonated, unresonated or OEM sports exhaust, upgraded EM Tuning lights (over £1k of work), rs6 rear caliper plates.

Based on audi approved RS4's currently for sale I'm competitively pricing it at 39k + 1k for mods - 1k for the audi warranty you would want to buy - £500 for half of the 38k service as I'm half way through the interval.

So yours for £38.5k

Wow.......well when you have to tighten the belt the toys go first, shame though!

DeanoC
4th Gear

Post by DeanoC » Tue May 02, 2017 7:32 am

RS4B8LYF wrote:
DeanoC wrote:Hi all, i can't believe I'm typing this but my car is casually up for sale. I literally love this thing like my children but i have some major house development coming up and need to be sensible for a short period.

- 63 plate MY14
- 33k on clock
- 5k to next service
- A1 condition
- subtle mods, carbon mirrors, black badges, choice of milltek resonated, unresonated or OEM sports exhaust, upgraded EM Tuning lights (over £1k of work), rs6 rear caliper plates.

So yours for £38.5k

Wow.......well when you have to tighten the belt the toys go first, shame though!

Actually feel sick. Need to spend money to make money on this house though. I'll buy another in 9 months 100%

Return to “Readers' Rides”