My RS4 aka VINNIE thread

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
Deano_123
3rd Gear

Re: My RS4 aka VINNIE thread

Post by Deano_123 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:45 am

I never understood the concept of saving seats or anything else for that matter to keep them looking good for the next owner. You pay for the car, enjoy it for what it is.

I always found the RS4 buckets more than suitable at providing support on the road. If you are looking to run harnesses then I fully understand the reason for the fixed back seats but harnesses are totally unnecessary on a road car.

Anyway, its your car and your happy with it, thats all that matters

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:51 am

Deano_123 wrote:I never understood the concept of saving seats or anything else for that matter to keep them looking good for the next owner. You pay for the car, enjoy it for what it is.

I always found the RS4 buckets more than suitable at providing support on the road. If you are looking to run harnesses then I fully understand the reason for the fixed back seats but harnesses are totally unnecessary on a road car.

Anyway, its your car and your happy with it, thats all that matters
:) that's the thing it's not just a road car ;) I track it a least once a month. And use 4 point harness on the track as well. I am not going to pretend that this seats are more comfortable. OEM Buckets are way more comfortable and look better but.... I am happy with comfort, looks and functionality of the new ones and did a bout 250miles on the weekend with no aches and pains in the back. So they are comfy as well. Just not as butt hugging lush comfort like Recaro's...
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:15 pm

I've had the poles and the Corbeau seats In previous cars and have actually just fitted red leather pole positions to the tt I'm building.
I think the poles are over priced but I love them, I think the Corbeau are almost as good and great value for money.
Of course the rs4 buckets look miles better they are stunning seats and I love them, but you have done this for weight saving so I totally
get is and as you say so easy to swap back.

Fair play mate :thumbs:
Drive low,park lower

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:57 pm

Jules wrote:I've had the poles and the Corbeau seats In previous cars and have actually just fitted red leather pole positions to the tt I'm building.
I think the poles are over priced but I love them, I think the Corbeau are almost as good and great value for money.
Of course the rs4 buckets look miles better they are stunning seats and I love them, but you have done this for weight saving so I totally

Thanks mate :)

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Deano_123
3rd Gear

Post by Deano_123 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Jules wrote:I've had the poles and the Corbeau seats In previous cars and have actually just fitted red leather pole positions to the tt I'm building.

I've had a variety of bucket seats in track cars over the years and havent seen any benefit in Recaro's over the likes of Corbeau/ Cobra or Tillet as long as they are FIA approved.

Anyway, I dare say you will get more enjoyment/ push harder in a Clio 182 or similar on track than you will in the RS4

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:57 pm

Deano_123 wrote:

I've had a variety of bucket seats in track cars over the years and havent seen any benefit in Recaro's over the likes of Corbeau/ Cobra or Tillet as long as they are FIA approved.

Anyway, I dare say you will get more enjoyment/ push harder in a Clio 182 or similar on track than you will in the RS4
But he's chose to have an rs4 over a clio 182 :lol:
Maybe he wants a car to compromise and fit both the tasks, yes ive heard nothing but great things about the clios as a fun track
car but I wouldn't be seen dead driving one around town :lol:
Drive low,park lower

Deano_123
3rd Gear

Post by Deano_123 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:50 pm

Jules wrote:
Deano_123 wrote:

But he's chose to have an rs4 over a clio 182 :lol:
Maybe he wants a car to compromise and fit both the tasks, yes ive heard nothing but great things about the clios as a fun track
car but I wouldn't be seen dead driving one around town :lol:
He said he was looking to get a Clio as a track car, I didnt just tell him to go get one :lol:

I wouldnt want to drive one for the crack on the street, its french ffs, although I wouldnt mind a decent spec Clio 200 for titting about in on a sunday

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:52 pm

Ok I think you hijacking my thread here :) clio is the plan for the future.
If I ever get bored of the awesomeness of the RS or Extortionate fuel and consumables at the track.

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:31 pm

Updates time.

today had a few plans.
first was to install Forza Componenti exhaust bypass valve.
http://forzacomponenti.com/exhaust_controller_b2a.html
Special thanks to Bam Bam for "smugling" it in to the country :) @BamBam
brilliant bit of kit! works exactly how it should! can always open valves or always close them or keep in OEM mode.
install is dead easy.
remove side trim, unplug the oem solenid cable, and plug the new controler. attach ground and you done!
IMG_0261.jpg
IMG_0264.jpg
here is a short clip of the difference
https://youtu.be/9AGP3e7CiFE

second on my to do list was permanent tyre stickers, i had temp version before and i think they were like +15bhp to the wheels at least :)
so rolled with the permanent solution.
again, very easy. clean, apply glue, stick, press, wait... and hey presto!! +15bhp to the wheels. and it looks good.
IMG_0265.jpg
IMG_0266.jpg
third thing i wanted to do was polish headlight lenses. not the nicest of jobs but for £15 not a bad result.
IMG_0271.jpg
IMG_0272.jpg
IMG_0273.jpg
and lastly, you cant really see it here to dark but applied yellow tint to the fogs. dont ask me why. i dont know yet.
if i hate it in the morning, they are coming off lol.
IMG_0275.jpg
thats about it for the day. stay tuned! there will be more.!

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:53 pm

Nice work Ilya
Firstly. 15bhp. Hahaha
Secondly. Others will ask, I see a red wire as well. What's that for? I can see the green is what you earthed.
Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:18 pm

Eddie555 wrote:Nice work Ilya
Firstly. 15bhp. Hahaha
Secondly. Others will ask, I see a red wire as well. What's that for? I can see the green is what you earthed.
Mate, 15 is the very least. Went for a blast tonight to test out controller and judging by the looks you get from unassociated public it's got to be around 600 by now lol
Those two wires (black:red) are if you want to hard wire the controller to a switch or something. But I see no need for it as it has a nice little remote. I just put a bit of heatshrink around it for the time beeing so it won't short on anything.. still trying to track down that illusive FUNK button..

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:32 am

Finally started on that manifold port and polish job :) any pointers? Image

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

Lukes3
4th Gear

Post by Lukes3 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:43 pm

You will be surprised how much you can take out of it,
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:47 pm

Lukes3 wrote:You will be surprised how much you can take out of it,
Have you done this?

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

MrHilario
5th Gear

Post by MrHilario » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:37 pm

So....... how did this go? Or is it still in bits on your floor? lol

1.4 Fiesta (Silver)
2.8 VW Bora V6 4motion (Blue)
4.2 Audi RS4 B7 Avant (Black)

Return to “Readers' Rides”