My RS4 aka VINNIE thread

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
pule333
5th Gear

Re: My RS4 aka VINNIE thread

Post by pule333 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:07 pm

so finaly had some time to record a little video of the Full JcWeldFab exhaust that i had fitted last week.
originaly was planing to go only for the back boxes but at the end decided to go for a full system.
to say i am happy is an understatement.

its a full system with 2.5" stainless. straight downpipes to 200cel cats, x-pipe section than 2 secondary silencers and finished of with 2 oval black mufflers with valves.
its a work of art.! unfortunatly cant upload pictures just yet but here is the video.

https://youtu.be/6sOIvn0xNiM

not sure how it will sound on mobile devices but fully recomend watching it with LARGE speakers :)
ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:15 pm

Awesome work mate!!

I must say, it sounds very very similar in tone/character to the full system without the silencers (perhaps a touch less raw and with fewer pops and bangs), so the only major difference must literally just be the volume level. Volume is of course hard to judge on video.

We need to compare on video at some point!

I reckon your setup will be very popular with future customers. The volume level of mine puts a lot of people off.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:19 pm

FaisalJ wrote:Awesome work mate!!

I must say, it sounds very very similar in tone/character to the full system without the silencers (perhaps a touch less raw and with fewer pops and bangs), so the only major difference must literally just be the volume level. Volume is of course hard to judge on video.

We need to compare on video at some point!

I reckon your setup will be very popular with future customers. The volume level of mine puts a lot of people off.
It actually sound different from inside the car. This has been recorded from outside with two external mics. But yes you right we need a comparison video between yours and mine :)

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Harris.
4th Gear

Post by Harris. » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Sounds good !!

Shooting round the one way ind est by Wembley :beerchug:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:08 pm

Sounds awesome Ilya! Nice tour past Wembley stadium too.
Takes me back to the days of my RS4 with anti-social exhausts.

longman h
4th Gear

Post by longman h » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:45 pm

PRETTY DAMN SWEET
Daytona Grey C6 RS6 Avant
Ebony Black C5 RS6 Plus - Gone

jonytek
5th Gear

Post by jonytek » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:40 pm

Damn that sound good.
RS4 B7 - PLUSH BUILT | MRC WORKED
BUILD THREAD
IG: @bad_rs_4

pule333
5th Gear

My RS4 aka VINNIE thread

Post by pule333 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:09 am

So after purchasing pole position seats I had cold feet because they were to small for me. The back was to short and after test fitting my harness I realised that's no bueno... so they had to go. Luckily been sold the next day for exactly what I paid for them win win. While at the AUTOSPORT internation show in Birmingham few weeks ago i found this Corbeau seats. A little cheaper than pole's at retail prices but with no VAT at a show :) so naturally ordered them. This week been busy fitting them. Made custom rails to hold them down. Alu frames to keep the weigh down and only slider for the drivers side. So in total it's 28.8Kg weigh saving over stock. Some of you might ask BUT why???
1) why not?
2) to preserve the OEM seats for future sale
3) weigh saving because race car :)
4) much greater support than OEM. And I sit a bit lower.

Next job is porting and deflapping the manifold.
ImageImageImageImageImage

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

Fatneck73
4th Gear

Post by Fatneck73 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:40 am

Very impressive Ilya.

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:50 am

Ilya, I hope you vacuumed that carpet and bought a can of Stella with the change your had rattling around.
Getting to the point, the seats look fit for purpose, you ain't sliding around in those.
:thumbs:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

pule333
5th Gear

My RS4 aka VINNIE thread

Post by pule333 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:19 am

Covkiller wrote:Ilya, I hope you vacuumed that carpet and bought a can of Stella with the change your had rattling around.
Getting to the point, the seats look fit for purpose, you ain't sliding around in those.
:thumbs:
ha ha yes used this bad boi ;) Imagethere was more spare change left so replaced floor mats as well :) good as new! I have to admit they are a little harder on the bum then OEM...
picture from this morning:
ImageImage

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

Deano_123
3rd Gear

Post by Deano_123 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:38 pm

Sorry to say but they are horrific

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Deano_123 wrote:Sorry to say but they are horrific
I am actually glad you feel this way. At least now I don't have to worry about seats being nicked every time I park it in a dodgy part of london.

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

MrHilario
5th Gear

Post by MrHilario » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:52 am

Not a fan of the seats either but each to their own! And have I read that right, that the passenger seat is fixed in place? All to save 23kgs, lol. You crazy bastard. :bowdown:

1.4 Fiesta (Silver)
2.8 VW Bora V6 4motion (Blue)
4.2 Audi RS4 B7 Avant (Black)

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:57 am

MrHilario wrote:Not a fan of the seats either but each to their own! And have I read that right, that the passenger seat is fixed in place? All to save 23kgs, lol. You crazy bastard. :bowdown:
28.5kg and yes it of fixed. But there is room for both rear and from passenger to sit comfortably.
Listen I know some people would hate the idea of swapping original buckets for what seems like a cheap alternative. But at least now I have buckets I can use for my future race car (hopefully Clio 182cup) it take all of 10min to swap back. + OEMs will be in better nick :)

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie

Return to “Readers' Rides”