IanH's C6 RS6 - 955hp & 1200nm - Updated 09 Feb '24

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
RMC83
1st Gear

Re: IanH's C6 RS6 900+ spec

Post by RMC83 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:41 pm

don0301 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:16 pm
IMHO it's just as likely if not more so the way you drive/maintain your car than the outright figures to whether you may have problems down the line.

Statistically insignificant, I have had 770ps 1100+Nm for over 5 years with no problems.

Is all that expense really worth it over stage 2?
Hi don,

It's a good question. I was actually settling on a stage 2 set up consisting of DP's, exhaust, filters & IC (being in malaysia where the heat is pretty extreme, i'd prefer a good IC to keep intake temps down), however i do want 'sensible' noise levels, so i was considering a valved exhaust system (ie, more expense), but when i was speaking to my tuning guy here, he asked why not just keep stock exhaust system (just decat downpipes) & just get upgraded turbo's instead & you should hit ~900hp, so the 'money' i was going to spend on a valved exhaust may now go to getting the upgraded tte1000 turbo set up...

I agree...the 900hp set up vs 800hp set up will cost abit more & is really not at all needed, 800 is more than enough...but to get 900+bhp with only bolt on's just seems like a golden opportunity to do it...try doing this with a GTR & your talking mega bucks to upgrade the internals etc.

In malaysia, petrol prices are also crazy cheap...30p/l now. We dont have ron99 here, so i have to settle for ron97, but 30p/l petrol when you've got a 900hp 5l v10 twin turbo does have it's benefits. :lol:

Cheers
Roy

don0301
4th Gear

Post by don0301 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:47 pm

Hi

I have a full custom dp and exhaust system, decatted, from Demand Engineering here in the UK. The sound is Epic!

It is quite loud on start up, but only for a second or two as I got MRC to delete the cold start cycle (no cats)

Even after 5 years I LOVE the sound, only "howls" on full throttle, lovely burble and no droning. 3" dp's. Something to consider. There are plenty of vids around of different systems etc.

I am no expert at all, but maybe you should consider water/meth inj kit, not for power but to reduce intake temps? Get advise obviously!

I've been in 900ps RS6's, honestly I think stage 2 is the sweet spot for "all roundness" but I understand people wanting more.

Good luck

Cheers

Don
Ferrari 488 Spider
C6 RS6
E46 M3 convertible
Nissan 200sx mk 2
Vauxhall Senator
Ford Sierra 1.8LX
Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi
Vauxhall Belmont SRi
Vauxhall Astra 1.3
Vauxhall Astra 1.3
1st car Datsun 120 FII Lime green....yeah :shock:

RMC83
1st Gear

Post by RMC83 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:22 pm

don0301 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:47 pm
Hi

I have a full custom dp and exhaust system, decatted, from Demand Engineering here in the UK. The sound is Epic!

It is quite loud on start up, but only for a second or two as I got MRC to delete the cold start cycle (no cats)

Even after 5 years I LOVE the sound, only "howls" on full throttle, lovely burble and no droning. 3" dp's. Something to consider. There are plenty of vids around of different systems etc.

I am no expert at all, but maybe you should consider water/meth inj kit, not for power but to reduce intake temps? Get advise obviously!

I've been in 900ps RS6's, honestly I think stage 2 is the sweet spot for "all roundness" but I understand people wanting more.

Good luck

Cheers

Don
Hi Don,

Yes...intestingly, i was going to go for a WMI set up, but my tuning company over here recommend a good IC over the WMI. They are also distributers of Wagner IC systems (which might be why) haha! Anyway...i'm keen to see how this new wagner IC system performs & also means i'm not having to fart around filling it up with meth all the time. But yes, i was actually really interested in a WMI set up...still might be yet to be honest, as i'm still trying to finalise my set-up.

Biggest issue now is this whole COVID19 situation & how it's going to affect things for me. Obviously sending my turbos away to get upgraded isn't cheap + my car will be off the road for a long time, ie 1+month...i'd guestimate more like 6-8weeks from drop off to pick up to be honest...which is something i really could be doing without to be honest, so i might settle for a stock turbo set up, peron 3" DP's, wagner IC & BMC filters & just go with that & hope for a good result. I would really like the upgraded turbo's though, as i'm sure over the rev range, they would make a huge difference in allowing the torque to remain high throughout the range.

Decisions, Decisions!! :lol:

Cheers
Roy

IanH755
Top Gear

Post by IanH755 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:29 am

Soooooooo, 2 and a half years and one COVID outbreak later guess what's back on the road :D

I'm just about to head back to Saudi (over 2 years since I was last home) and I can honestly say I've enjoyed the living hell out of my car - I had a slight delay picking it up due to catching COVID (I lived!) but I'm really happy to have it back!

So, what's happened over the past 2 and a half years then :D

Engine remove/refit and a million seals replaced.
Gearbox removed, upgraded (again) with newer parts, refitted - input shaft was sheared just like Trups was.
All DRC suspension struts replaced
All DRC hydraulic lines to suspension from valves replaced
Bump stops replaced
New rear brake discs (AP Racing) and Pads (Ferodo DS2500)
All fluids replaced (literally every fluid)
Air Con regassed
New "face lift" rear lights fitted
Four Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres fitted
New Navigation disc (even though I use Google maps now)
New wipers allround
Aquamist Water/Meth serviced
New Devils Own 50/50 water/meth fluid used (fixed an odd issue with my "low level" sensor in my washer bottle always being on caused by my own 50/50 mix being juuuuuuust a little off)
Four new wheel valve covers as mine were rusty

Whats left -

New Wagner Intercoolers & Rad's bought (not fitted yet) - It's time to ditch the KWE which have worked but now there's better quality available for a reasonable price.
New map to account for new intercoolers, plus the maps now are lots better than the maps 6 years ago when I did mine as the ECU can now hold different maps for fuel, snap and crackle etc
Paint Correction
All alloys for a refurb, maybe TPMS replaced at the same time due to battery life
Headlights looked at - 1 has condensation, 1 has a ballast for my modded "secondary" headlight on it's way out.
Rehang the exhaust, the original KWE pipes/back boxes have never fit properly and always need fettling after being removed/touched. I'd like to replace it with a much better quality one but I love the sound my Frankenstein's monster of an exhaust makes (downpipe, decat/re-cat, cat-back pipe to boxes and the boxes to tips - all four sections are different makes).

Then once I'm back in the UK permanently, either in October or, worst case, Spring I'll see how much the potential value vs a house deposit works out. I mean I'll sell it but I need to decide how long to keep it for first.
***OLD*** Daytona C5 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 500HP & 820NM (PistonHeads Link).

***NEW*** Daytona C6 RS6 Avant - MRC'd - 955HP & 1200NM (PistonHeads Link)

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:28 pm

Blimey!!

Can’t be many RS6’s out there that have had more care and attention than this one. Glad to see it’s on the road and you’re enjoying it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

stevo55
5th Gear

Post by stevo55 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:49 pm

Good job you get paid top dollar in KSA Ian!

2015 C7 RS6 Misano Red Performance Plus and unicorn miles
2012 Land Rover Defender XS Utility Full Tweaked Spectre conversion
2018 B9 RS5 coupe. Milltek Non-Res Exhaust. now gone
2017 BMW M3 Comp Pack.
2015 A45 AMG.Overrated POS.
2016 C7 RS6 Panther black.
2009 C6 RS6 phantom black saloon. Milltek
2012 BMW M135i 3 door. MP brakes and AC Schnitzer springs. JB4 tuning box
2006 BMW Z4M Roadster.
2004 Alpina Roadster.
2001 BMW 330 ci convertible.
1994 E34 M5 Saloon

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:23 am

Top work yet again Ian. Grizz still doing all your work still?
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

IanH755
Top Gear

Post by IanH755 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:45 pm

chunky79 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:23 am
Grizz still doing all your work still?
Yeap, I tend to get workshop stuff done by Grizz and mapping stuff by MRC for the best from both worlds.

IanH755
Top Gear

Post by IanH755 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:47 pm

stevo55 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:49 pm
If only :D

It's solely the tax-free side that makes it worthwhile, the actual wage is fairly average if I was in the UK.

Stiggles
2nd Gear

Post by Stiggles » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:34 pm

IanH755 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:29 am
Soooooooo, 2 and a half years and one COVID outbreak later guess what's back on the road :D

I'm just about to head back to Saudi (over 2 years since I was last home) and I can honestly say I've enjoyed the living hell out of my car - I had a slight delay picking it up due to catching COVID (I lived!) but I'm really happy to have it back!

So, what's happened over the past 2 and a half years then :D

Engine remove/refit and a million seals replaced.
Gearbox removed, upgraded (again) with newer parts, refitted - input shaft was sheared just like Trups was.
All DRC suspension struts replaced
All DRC hydraulic lines to suspension from valves replaced
Bump stops replaced
New rear brake discs (AP Racing) and Pads (Ferodo DS2500)
All fluids replaced (literally every fluid)
Air Con regassed
New "face lift" rear lights fitted
Four Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres fitted
New Navigation disc (even though I use Google maps now)
New wipers allround
Aquamist Water/Meth serviced
New Devils Own 50/50 water/meth fluid used (fixed an odd issue with my "low level" sensor in my washer bottle always being on caused by my own 50/50 mix being juuuuuuust a little off)
Four new wheel valve covers as mine were rusty

Whats left -

New Wagner Intercoolers & Rad's bought (not fitted yet) - It's time to ditch the KWE which have worked but now there's better quality available for a reasonable price.
New map to account for new intercoolers, plus the maps now are lots better than the maps 6 years ago when I did mine as the ECU can now hold different maps for fuel, snap and crackle etc
Paint Correction
All alloys for a refurb, maybe TPMS replaced at the same time due to battery life
Headlights looked at - 1 has condensation, 1 has a ballast for my modded "secondary" headlight on it's way out.
Rehang the exhaust, the original KWE pipes/back boxes have never fit properly and always need fettling after being removed/touched. I'd like to replace it with a much better quality one but I love the sound my Frankenstein's monster of an exhaust makes (downpipe, decat/re-cat, cat-back pipe to boxes and the boxes to tips - all four sections are different makes).

Then once I'm back in the UK permanently, either in October or, worst case, Spring I'll see how much the potential value vs a house deposit works out. I mean I'll sell it but I need to decide how long to keep it for first.

Amazing Ian!

I'm hoping to collect mine next week now 🤞

What parts of the box were upgraded this time round? Input and intermediary shafts?

If you've any interest in a new exhaust, mine is much the same as yours 3" from downpipes back with the cereal box back boxes but it's a single piece. Sitting with Ricky presently at I bought Paul's 🙈

stevo55
5th Gear

Post by stevo55 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:36 am

IanH755 wrote:
stevo55 wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:49 pm
If only :D

It's solely the tax-free side that makes it worthwhile, the actual wage is fairly average if I was in the UK.
Yes I hear you-worked in ME for 8 years and apart from a couple of exceptions it is a nasty place no matter how much glitzy marketing they put out (yes Dubai that’s you I’m talking about!).

2015 C7 RS6 Misano Red Performance Plus and unicorn miles
2012 Land Rover Defender XS Utility Full Tweaked Spectre conversion
2018 B9 RS5 coupe. Milltek Non-Res Exhaust. now gone
2017 BMW M3 Comp Pack.
2015 A45 AMG.Overrated POS.
2016 C7 RS6 Panther black.
2009 C6 RS6 phantom black saloon. Milltek
2012 BMW M135i 3 door. MP brakes and AC Schnitzer springs. JB4 tuning box
2006 BMW Z4M Roadster.
2004 Alpina Roadster.
2001 BMW 330 ci convertible.
1994 E34 M5 Saloon

IanH755
Top Gear

Post by IanH755 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:58 am

Stiggles wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:34 pm
What parts of the box were upgraded this time round? Input and intermediary shafts?

If you've any interest in a new exhaust, mine is much the same as yours 3" from downpipes back with the cereal box back boxes but it's a single piece. Sitting with Ricky presently at I bought Paul's 🙈
This time was basically the same generally uprated spec but, in the past 5+ years since mine was originally done, the parts are now better so I've still got uprated shafts, and clutches etc but the quality is much higher. Well that was the claim anyway, time will tell i guess :D
stevo55 wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:36 am
Yes I hear you-worked in ME for 8 years and apart from a couple of exceptions it is a nasty place no matter how much glitzy marketing they put out (yes Dubai that’s you I’m talking about!).
I found that, at a distance everything looks good, but when you get up close to things you can see how bodged and nasty the quality of everything is, whether we're talking about buildings or a more general attitude towards work etc. The money was nice but I definitely got to my limit for dealing with stuff during COVID and I'm extremely glad to be back!

IanH755
Top Gear

Post by IanH755 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:29 pm

Had the uprated Wagner Intercoolers fitted this week by Unit20, next up is a remap to make full benefit of them which will increase the "mapped deliberately low" torque figure to where it should be and generally update both the ECU and GB maps with things like multi-fuel maps & switchable pops and bangs etc maps which have now become available in the 6 years since mine got done.

OEM vs Wagner - the frontal size of the Wagner (on the left) is identical to the OEM ones (right) but it's double the thickness and has better geometry casting around the inlets for less restrictions.

The KWE I/C's which were fitted to mine as part of the 900hp+ package were the same thickness as the OEM ones but they had a bigger frontal area (good) with very poor geometry around the inlets (bad) leading to a few power/flow restrictions at the top end so, as I've seen these Wagners flow well on cars with almost 1100hp, it'll be good to see what extra power/TQ we can get out of the TTE850+ turbos on mine with these fitted. I'm guessing around 930hp-ish, maybe more depending on the turbos.

IanH755
Top Gear

Post by IanH755 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:52 pm

Had it detailed at Signature Group in Stoke with a paint correction, ceramic coating applied and a small leather repair to the drivers seat bolster. It'd only ever been waxed by myself since ownership and, in the past 4 years I've been abroad without driving it much, it's only had an occasional basic Hand Wash so I knew that now I'm back it needed some serious TLC.

The paint itself on the horizontal areas (roof & bonnet) wasn't too bad for swirls, damage etc but there were still obvious issues however the vertical areas like the doors were really, really bad, especially on the bottom half. Plus on the left side there were a few long but light scratches (front arch to back door!) caused by the hedgerows of Kent when idiots in Range Rovers or similar sized SUV's (usually female driven) would barrel down a single track country road at 60mph+ believing the road was only for them meaning I had to dive out of the way to avoid a head-on.

The weather is dog-poo at the moment so once I get a little bit of sun I'll post up a few more "post" pics but here's what I'd been sent during the process, alongside a few vid's (not shared) of the various processes being carried out. I'm extremely happy with Signature Group in Stoke who carried out the work and would recommend them without issue.

A decent Snow Foam and hand wash to start with.

Iron residue absolutely everywhere, in the Vid they sent there is a massive dark purple puddle under the car. Plus lots of smaller tar spots all over. Basically it was a bit of a mess.

Wheels off and arches given a good thorough cleaning too. See how the water is clinging to the bottom half of the door and the paint almost looks like it's has a cloudy/milky surface finish (more obvious IRL). The Alloys could probably do with a refurb to be 100% but the current condition is fine TBH with only a very slight amount of curbing (maybe 1cm max per alloy).

The amount of baked in dirt, contamination, build-up etc removed before it even got clayed was pretty shocking too, even though I knew it would be bad.

Getting masked up for the first set of paint correction.

Ceramic coating being applied under way.

Whilst the bonnet wasn't all that swirled in the first place, it's now perfect alongside the rest of the panels. The "sparkle" in the metallic/pearl paint when in sunlight/bright-light really stands out now whereas it was previously it was quite dulled down, especially on the doors/arches where it looked like the clear-coat had gone almost gone cloudy/milky.

Fatneck73
4th Gear

Post by Fatneck73 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:24 pm

😍😍😍😍😍😍

Return to “Readers' Rides”