Mike's Panther RS6 Performance thread

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
Magido
1st Gear

Re: Mike's Panther RS6 Performance thread

Post by Magido » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:40 pm

Was it hard to install the carbon mirror-covers? or do you just put them on top of the original mirror (Without having to remove anything)
Audi RS6 Misano build viewtopic.php?f=121&t=122026
Audi RS6 Misano & Audi R8 White Pictures https://postimg.org/gallery/19xrelsxq/

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:33 pm

You have to remove the cover and you have to remove the glass. It's not uncommon for the glass to break. It's expensive to replace.

Magido
1st Gear

Post by Magido » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:50 pm

doodlebug wrote:You have to remove the cover and you have to remove the glass. It's not uncommon for the glass to break. It's expensive to replace.
Ahh <beep>..
Wont be doing it myself then :P
Audi RS6 Misano build viewtopic.php?f=121&t=122026
Audi RS6 Misano & Audi R8 White Pictures https://postimg.org/gallery/19xrelsxq/

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Be warned that the OEM covers themselves are hideously expensive also.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:27 pm

The glass was relatively easy to remove once I bought a set of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

The rest of it is fairly straight forward, same mirrors throughout the A6 range so any guide will do but I think AlmoRS posted a little guide on here.

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:35 pm

Had a conversation with master tech last week. May seem easy but often ends badly.

Jules
Top Gear

Post by Jules » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Ahhhhhhh blooming hell this is you lol.

Its not very often we get to see our own cars on the move as always driving them, so if you haven't seen this thing you need to :lol:

When you passed on the motorway I wont lie I was like omg one day I want one of them it looks so good.
I know these things are stupidly quick but it was a shame we were in the roadworks when you passed me as could have a play, I certainly
wouldn't bother in the b7 though :roll: :lol:
Drive low,park lower

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:36 pm

Lol, yes that was me. Yeah those roadworks kill me! I did look to see if you were still around when the roadworks ended but couldn't see you.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:39 pm

I should probably add an update and some more recent photos here, it's been a while.

bobededog
2nd Gear

Post by bobededog » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:26 am

Yes please Mike

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:39 am

Ok, trying to remember what I've been doing to the car since the last update.

Let's start with some photos of the air intake fitted:

Then I think it was a rear wiper delete. I did have trouble getting the bung into the hole as it looked like my glass had a thicker middle then the top or bottom edges. As it was dark and looking like it was going to rain and there was no way I was going to put the rear wiper on, I sanded the edges of the bung down until it would fit through the hole. This means it is not as tight a fitment as I would like or expected. However, the guy that owns the company (KillAllWipers) went to a lot of trouble to make sure I was happy. In the end without me even having to ask he sent me out 2 more bungs; one the original size in case I wanted to file the sticky out bit of the glass down for a perfect fitment, or a slightly smaller one that would give me a tight fit without having to modify anything. Great customer service!! That rear wiper is huge, looks so much better now. And with a coating of G-techniq water repellent coating (the extra slippery one) it stays clean enough to see out of (given it gets washed so often anyway).

This is how it looked to start with:

Then it looked like this:

Then I got a set of 12mm spacers. I put them on the rear wheels. It improved the look but it could have done with a little more so I ordered a set of 15mm. When they turned up, the 15mm went on the back and the 12mm went on the front. However, I noticed the front were already rubbing slightly on the wheel arch plastic screw holder. And while it looked good with 12mm on the front, there was no way it would drive properly so they came straight off. The 15mm stayed on the back though.

Some photos from Audis in the Park (thanks to Richie for these).

Next I also got some lamin-x light tints for the front and rear lights imported at great cost from the US. However, it was only when I was sizing u pthe rear I remembered they don't have the A6/S6 avant in the US and I bought the tints for saloon lights. Anyway, I already have PPF on the headlights and I didn't want to take it off just in case I didn't like the lamin-x so tried it on top. This didn't work out too well as I struglled to get all the bubbles out and it have left little streaks in the lights. However, as I like the look I will get another set of headlight tints but this time remove the PPF first. Talking to my PPF guy about not being able to buy the pre cut stuff in the UK he said he could try buying the rectangualr sheets and running it through his cutting machine as he does with noraml PPF so when my car is back in with him for some more PPF I will get him to take the 2 layers off the lights and do a single layer of lamin-x.

And this is what it looks like now (thanks to Faisal for these photos)

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:24 am

Just to add - it looks properly menacing on the move! Awesome looking car.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:59 pm

Mike you've turned me into a stalker
:drink:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:00 pm

LOl, Jezza is even worse, he is in 2 photos above.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:01 pm

FaisalJ wrote:Just to add - it looks properly menacing on the move! Awesome looking car.
Thanks Faisal. They all looked awesome on the move though, but they sounded even better, especially that JC weldfab.

Return to “Readers' Rides”