Mike's Panther RS6 Performance thread

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Mike's Panther RS6 Performance thread

Post by MikeFish » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:48 pm

After the 1st year it's £290 a year. I am paying about £500 on my RS4!!!

Yes the power is the same for the S8 plus and 6 performance. I assumed the normal S8 had the same power as the RS6 but I can see now that it is lower, you are right the normal RS6 is about 560ps.
Last edited by MikeFish on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAMES
4th Gear

Post by JAMES » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Cheers
previous: RS2, RS4 2.7, RS4 4.2.
Current: S8 PLUS

Ozzyz
3rd Gear

Post by Ozzyz » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:36 pm

Car is looking stunning Mike, front end is just so mean!

mjwebb48
1st Gear

Post by mjwebb48 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:53 am

Had mine gtechniq'd and its kept paint in amazing condition. However wish I'd Ppf the front as I've got stone chips on leaving edge of bonnet. Think you've got perfect combo Mike.
2015 panther black rs6
Rx7 time attack car: track car
Disco 4 commercial : work car

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:49 am

I wasn't intending on getting it wrapped but after all that time and effort getting it clean I thought I'd be gutted if it started chipping. Quite pleased how hard it is to see the wrap given it stops at the edges rather than wraps around. Just need fo be careful not to build up wax etc at the edge of the film. Definitely worth it though after hearing other people on here with wraps and no chips.

Noyjatat
Top Gear

Post by Noyjatat » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:31 pm

You gonna be doing any triple speedo figure events this year Mike?

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:55 pm

No Gaz, don't really appeal to me.

Surrey Sam
Cruising

Post by Surrey Sam » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:00 pm

Well done Mike, looking great 8)

That Crystal Serum is tough stuff :shock:

https://glossboss.de/en/gtechniq-crysta ... plication/
Sepang Blue B8 RS4, MY14, All option packs, B&O, Adv Key, Adapt Cruise, Pan Roof, Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust, + more.
Previous - Sprint Blue B7 RS4 Avant, Ceramics, Sunroof, SS+, Buckets, FBSW, Bluetooth, 2010+ RNSe
Previous - Phantom Black B7 RS4 Avant, Black Optics, Titan pack, SS+, Buckets, FBSW

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Good read Sam, that is really tough!

Out driving today and some bird crapped all over the car as I was driving. I could see the poo sliding up the bonnet and off the windscreen. Still left a right mess of my Grille, bonnet windscreen and roof though. Grrrrr.
Actually, I'm not sure what the bonnet, wings and front bumper have been coated with. They were all treated with the serum and exo then had the protection film applied. I guess I should get some C1 to apply to the film for protection too.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:47 pm

I took the car in today to have the centre resonators deleted. When I booked it in he predicted it would take about 1.5 hours.
However, when I got there today he got it up on the rampand said it will take a lot longer; he can't weld it in place so will need to drop the exhaust and strenthening bars.
So I came home with no more noise. :thumbsdown:

andywaddy
1st Gear

Post by andywaddy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:37 pm

MikeFish wrote:I took the car in today to have the centre resonators deleted. When I booked it in he predicted it would take about 1.5 hours.
However, when I got there today he got it up on the rampand said it will take a lot longer; he can't weld it in place so will need to drop the exhaust and strenthening bars.
So I came home with no more noise. :thumbsdown:
Strange, I had this and both the smaller resonators removed within about three hours altogether. Worth it though I assure you! Are you keeping the smaller resonators in?

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:51 pm

Yeah he said it would take about 3 hours. He just didn't have enough time to do it today.
I read someone saying they took the other resonators out (maybe it was you?), but all I can see under there are the back boxes, then the centre resonators (one box), then the main cats, then the pre cats. Can't see any other ones. Where are they?

andywaddy
1st Gear

Mike's Panther RS6 Performance thread

Post by andywaddy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:09 pm

MikeFish wrote:Yeah he said it would take about 3 hours. He just didn't have enough time to do it today.
I read someone saying they took the other resonators out (maybe it was you?), but all I can see under there are the back boxes, then the centre resonators (one box), then the main cats, then the pre cats. Can't see any other ones. Where are they?
Sounds about the right time frame then. It probably was me I reckon. Ah, I think what you think are pre cats/secondary cats are actually smaller resonators? I'm led to believe they are anyway. So starting from the back boxes you should see the middle resonator (big box) then the two smaller resonators (one on each bank) and then the cats as you look up into the engine bay.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:17 pm

As yes, I thought the ones after the centre resonator were the cats. So you had them removed and you don't get any errors?

andywaddy
1st Gear

Post by andywaddy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:33 pm

MikeFish wrote:As yes, I thought the ones after the centre resonator were the cats. So you had them removed and you don't get any errors?
Yes we chopped them out as well as the big box resonator. No errors whatsoever. I did the same in my RS5, again with no errors. They are just smaller resonators so you won't get any issues I promise you. Whilst he's doing your big res delete, you may as well get those removed too. They don't make a massive loudness difference but removing them emphasises the pops and bangs on overrun a bit more. Plus, means you can have slightly larger diameter pipe running from where they started to your back boxes.

Return to “Readers' Rides”