Faisal's RS4

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
FaisalJ
Cruising

Faisal's RS4

Post by FaisalJ » Tue May 05, 2015 11:37 am

Hey Guys

So after buying Sync24's breadvan a week or so ago, loving the RS experience so far! I have a few plans for the car, so thought I'd get a thread going, and keep progress updates/pics etc contained in one place.

I only have a rubbish phone pic of my own at the moment, but here it is in its new home:

A couple of choice pics that sync24/Kev took:

So immediate plans revolve around making it a little more practical unfortunately! Lots of speed bumps around my way, especially those b@stard "speed cushions" (the individual humps you straddle). The car is fine over most of them, but a few catch the underside. So, I'm planning to raise the KW coilovers 5-10mm all round and soften the damper settings.

Also, the custom vortex exhaust sounds amazing, but a little too much amazing for my needs. As I've got a young sprog and another on the way, and noise sensitive neighbours, I'm going to have to go for a quieter option. I almost bought a non-res valved milltek, but after a bit of research seems it won't be that much better. So I may keep the custom downpipes and sports cats, and mate to a standard cat-back system. I'm hoping I still get some of the performance advantage of the pre-cat delete and sports cats, but get a valved system that's quiet when I need it to be. May be a bit louder than completely bog standard system because of the downpipes, we'll see. Thoughts on this?

I also have a V8 ??? reg to go on once I get the V5 back from the DVLA.

The paintwork for the most part is in very good nick, but having done a lot of motorway miles, there are a fair few stone chips on the front bumper and a few on the wings and bonnet. Ther's also a small scuff/chip on the rear bumper. I'd like a front end respray and the scuff attended to to get it looking immaculate.

Finally (for now), I'll be getting the front windows tinted (rears done at the factory), probably just the lightest shade.

In future, I plan to; swap the wheels for a set of 19" 3SDM 0.01's, re-trim the alcantara wheel in leather, and I'll have to do something about the bose.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Dallas83
2nd Gear

Re: Faisal's RS4

Post by Dallas83 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Cracking motor, congrats ! Loving the inside of that too. Do you know who did the interior ?
Current Cars:

- B7 RS4 (Imola Yellow) - SOLD

- 2013' BMW X5 (White) - NEARLY SOLD

- 2016 RS6 C7 (Exclusive Paint: Porsche Voodoo Blue) - NEARLY HERE

Young_bairn
Neutral

Post by Young_bairn » Tue May 05, 2015 2:57 pm

Looks great in the pictures mate. Good luck with the project.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue May 05, 2015 3:02 pm

Dallas83 wrote:Cracking motor, congrats ! Loving the inside of that too. Do you know who did the interior ?
Plush Automotive. They used to run a supercharged RS4 on air. I think Martay on here owns it now.

Congrats on the car, it's one I've seen a few times before when kev still owned it. Personally I think it's going to detract from the look by lifting it and then getting rid of the steering wheel and then muting the exhaust but each to their own; you gotta make it your own and meet your needs.
The one thing you haven't mentioned is how to stop the alcantara backs of the seats getting ruined with 2 little kids!

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Tue May 05, 2015 4:11 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Dallas83 wrote:Cracking motor, congrats ! Loving the inside of that too. Do you know who did the interior ?
Plush Automotive. They used to run a supercharged RS4 on air. I think Martay on here owns it now.

Congrats on the car, it's one I've seen a few times before when kev still owned it. Personally I think it's going to detract from the look by lifting it and then getting rid of the steering wheel and then muting the exhaust but each to their own; you gotta make it your own and meet your needs.
The one thing you haven't mentioned is how to stop the alcantara backs of the seats getting ruined with 2 little kids!
Thanks for the congrats guys :thumb:

I know what you mean about the ride height. I love the stance as is and would love to keep it that low. However, I'm surrounded by speed bumps and rubbish roads. After a few days of driving it around, I just have to raise it a smidge. I'm going to raise it the absolute bare minimum I can get away with, hopefully less than 10mm will do the trick. I've had very low cars in the past on coilovers, and "dodge the speedbump" becomes a very tiresome game very quickly!

As for kiddies and the seat backs...um...perhaps I can move the isofix points to the boot, no alcantara in there! To be fair my wife makes more mess, she might be in the boot as well. Good thing I got an avant eh? :kissmyrings:

Tints this Thursday. Suspension next week Thursday, and the garage has a standard RS4 exhaust he's selling me. The vortex (cat-back) will be going up for sale once its off the car. Getting quotes for paint.
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

sync24
5th Gear

Post by sync24 » Tue May 05, 2015 4:52 pm

FaisalJ wrote: I'll be getting the front windows tinted (rears done at the factory), probably just the lightest shade.
In future, I plan to; swap the wheels for a set of 19" 3SDM 0.01's, re-trim the alcantara wheel in leather, and I'll have to do something about the bose.
Hey Faisal, glad you are liking the car - there will always be little things that you need to adjust to.
The front windows are already factory tinted by the way.
"re-trim the alcantara wheel in leather" - yikes! :shock: as Mike said it will take away the completeness of the interior - but it's your car!
royal steering wheels might be able to come up with a comprimise if you really don't like it

As for the alcantara - a microfibre cloth damp with warm water is all you need to keep the seat backs/steering wheel ETC nice and fresh and in good nick - Alcantara is a remarkably robust material

Happy driving , get it out late and night/early in the morning and stretch it's legs OFTEN and it will reward you :thumbs:

PS For the paint make sure the garage is competent and a registered supplier for adding the gtechnique crystal serum protection otherwise you will end up with a 1/2 protected car. If you can swallow the wait [IE bookings being taken for Sept at the time of writing] - take it to KDS in Gillingham - probably one of the best paint shops in the south east - it will come back brand new - you could get a rental for a couple of weeks whilst they do it - there is one very near them - ask for Jay and say that I sent you.
Last edited by sync24 on Tue May 05, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Tue May 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Hey Kev. Maybe I need to re-think the steering wheel! Just used to the feel of leather...in no hurry to get that done anyway.

Thanks for the cleaning tip!

I'm trying to find someone a bit more local to me that will do the Gtechniq, I did think about that. Afraid I'm not patient enough to wait till September! haha

Sorted the Golf R?
2007 RS4 B7 Avant

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue May 05, 2015 7:52 pm

FaisalJ wrote:Hey Kev. Maybe I need to re-think the steering wheel! Just used to the feel of leather.
Get some leather driving gloves, problem solved!

Ellis
2nd Gear

Post by Ellis » Tue May 05, 2015 8:06 pm

I would do all sorts of unholy things to get that steering wheel along with the rest of the interior for that matter.

Stunning.

Rs4.
3rd Gear

Post by Rs4. » Tue May 05, 2015 8:11 pm

Cracking motor sits lovely
& yup to miltek non res not for everyone !!!
Rs4 phantom black b7 avant : Mrc stage2 manifold: Bmc filter :Black optics exhaust :kW springs :trups led lighting :10mm rear h&R spacers :front 8mm H&R spacers :Carbon front splitter,& oil cooler :Carbon seat backs :hel braided hoses :
Security viper alarm /tracker

pixsaudisex2
2nd Gear

Post by pixsaudisex2 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:29 pm

Lovely car loads of dribble,,, and your right speed bumps are a right pain in the @~{} :assflash:

asifg
3rd Gear

Post by asifg » Wed May 06, 2015 12:39 pm

Lovely car Faisal!

Congrats!

mustdash
3rd Gear

Post by mustdash » Wed May 06, 2015 4:22 pm

I'd have been interested in swapping my standard exhaust for the Vortex one (plus cash your way)......

Stunning looking car - I think the interior probably looks better in person though as while nice I'm not sure if it's to my taste (although it's still sexy as!)
CURRENT: Montecarlo Blue Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifolglio, 2.9ltr bi-turbo, 510bhp
PREVIOUS: Volvo V60 Polestar, build number 149/700 worldwide - 3ltr straight 6 turbo. 350bhp remapped to 400bhp. Only one of 120 in the UK
PREVIOUS: Misano red B7 saloon, stage 2 map to 425bhp, manifold flap delete, KW V3 coilovers.

MartayMcFly
5th Gear

Post by MartayMcFly » Thu May 07, 2015 7:04 am

Nice interior ;)
2001 8L S3 - sold
2008 8P2 S3 - sold
2007 B7 RS4 - sold
2006 B7 RS4 (supercharged) - sold
2016 C7 RS6 - sold
2015 8V RS3 Stage 3 - sold
2017 Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio