Mike's big RS4 modding project

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
MikeFish
Cruising

Re: Mike's big RS4 modding project

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:50 pm

Thank you.

Little update; RNS-E now running 220 firmware and original maps. These copied ones don't seem to work well for me, even when I tried to make a copy on decent discs at low speed.

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:10 pm

MikeFish wrote:These copied ones don't seem to work well for me.
Same for me, copied discs just don't read when it's cold and damp so I stick with original; Audi discs even if it means sticking with partial postcode entry.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:45 pm

I agree Dave, except it wasn't just when it was cold, mine gave up on me when it was warm which was evn more annoying. OEM discs only for me even if it means part postcode and no speed cameras.

Wotsirb
2nd Gear

Post by Wotsirb » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:57 pm

I don't see how you guys are having issues with discs? Granted, copying them yourselves on consumer discs seems like it would cause issues but mine hasn't caused one?

It takes so long to program the thing I've used it on many cold morning without fail? Even for speed camera use? And my car doesn't get used throughout the week so surely it's more succeptible to cold/moisture causing issues?
Toy: '07 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue
Daily: 06 B7 2.0T Special Edition Avant

Previous: '09 B8 2.0T Quattro S line Avant

- OEM Defined - Instagram: @OEMDefined - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OemDefined/ -

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:08 am

Maybe there's a difference between the quality of discs you can buy then.

PetrolDave
Cruising

Post by PetrolDave » Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:53 pm

Wotsirb wrote:I don't see how you guys are having issues with discs? Granted, copying them yourselves on consumer discs seems like it would cause issues but mine hasn't caused one?
As a moderator on audiforum.us I've seen reports by many, many Audi owners with the RNS-E of problems with copied discs (both "commercial" purchased as well as home copied) over the last 11 years, so if you don't have problems with them then you are one of the lucky few; the exception that proves the rule if you like.
Gone: 2006 B7 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black)

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:56 am

Had a lot of work done recently including fitting the adjustable top arms and getting it all aligned again to stop the inner side of the front tyres wearing early due to the low ride height.
The car is currently in the body Shop having a front end respray as well as all the other little bits that needed doing too. When dropping it off I noticed there was a little scratch on one of my wing mirrors. It could have been buffed out but I got them sprayed titan instead. I also removed the wrap from the window trims and had them sprayed matt black. Its all ready for collection now. Cant wait to get back to the UK to pick it up and see how it all looks now. Pictures to follow.

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:31 am

Sounds awesome Mike. You're going to be sad seeing it go when you sell it. Look forward to the pictures.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:20 am

Yes definitely sad to see her go.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:42 am

Looking forward to the pics too!

Would be great if the buyer keeps it on the forum...it's a legendary RS246 car! :thumbs:
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Covkiller
Top Gear

Post by Covkiller » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:14 pm

Mike keep the RS4 mate if you don't need the pennies. It'll become a classic like many other lesser cars.
You have a gem there.
:thumbs:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs. Sold Sept 2019. Now rocking an F80 M3

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:31 pm

Thanks guys, but with the new London Mayor promising to cut the high earning contractors on TfL to stop any fare rises it looks like I will be badly affected any day now so I don't think I can keep them both.

Anyway, as I mentioned in another thread I suspected kwik fit messed up my alignment when I took it to them following the fitment of the adjustable arms as it says Audi: a4S4/RS 4 Quattro : 2007- (B8 - 8K : RS 4 (2MS 2MC) at the top of the sheet. I never noticed this until afterwards of course.
But I couldn't find my old aligment sheets so check if the set-up for the B7 and B& are close / identical. I just found an old photo I took of thescan though and lo and behold they values are different meaning some settings are close to their limits and some are out of tolerenace (although some are spot on). So it looks like once I pick the car up from the body Shop I will have to make another trip to kwik fit for them to rectify their error.

Harris.
4th Gear

Post by Harris. » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:43 pm

Great Pics as per other thread , if you do keep it Mike the grey on the wheels would look good Black :thumbs:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:50 pm

Thanks mate!

frankies.rs4/ur20v
Neutral

Post by frankies.rs4/ur20v » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:47 pm

Nice motor top notch :notworthy: only one problem now reading this I've got a list as long as my arm damm you :boohoo:
No one can hear you scream in space , nor can they hear you at the rear of v8 at 8000+

Return to “Readers' Rides”