Cuppa's S5 Coupe (Supercharged / Meteor Grey)

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
boff
5th Gear

Re: Cuppa's S5 Coupe (Supercharged / Meteor Grey)

Post by boff » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:06 pm

Absolutely Superb Cuppa; nice journey; great write up.... now what do you think of 4G MMI?
Zero Drama

Cuppa
2nd Gear

Post by Cuppa » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:07 am

boff wrote:Absolutely Superb Cuppa; nice journey; great write up.... now what do you think of 4G MMI?
Like the Google Nav and search functions, but for music playback it is still in the dark ages. No FLAC support and still doesn't have gapless playback.
S5 Supercharged V8 Coupe - Meteor Grey / Magma
TTS Supercharger (601PS / 675Nm) | Capristo Valved Exhaust | KW DDC Coilovers | JHM Short-Throw Shifter | HRE P104 21x10.5" + PSS
Ceramic Brakes (R8 GT Front / S7 Rear) | RS5 bootlid | Rieger S5 bumper | Rieger Sideskirts | RS5 grille | SPC adjustable UCA
H&R ARB kit | custom stereo & more |
Fuelly | >> click for build thread << | Facebook Page

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Cuppa wrote:
boff wrote:
No FLAC support
MMI and Audi are not alone here. The car audio market seems slow or reluctant to support FLAC.

Cuppa
2nd Gear

Post by Cuppa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:00 am

So car was due an annual service and MOT over at MRC Tuning on Saturday 20th June. Also needed a few other bits fixing, some rusty bits underneath and a crank seal leak.

Went out on the Thursday before to start it up and nothing. Had the joy (or otherwise) of watching three different car transporters attempt to get the car onto the transporter before one could do it (due to it being lowered).

Waved it bye bye and once MRC had checked it over it was just the crankshaft sensor after all that.

Anyway, since I replaced the front bumper (and now had the open RS5 fog grilles) I had wanted to move the air intake down to the front right so I kept it as far as possible from the main radiators. Always thought the default position for the intake scoop is a bad choice since when the car is at a standstill all that hot air just goes straight up the air intake.

Anyway, Doug and the guys moved the intake down to the front right and thought I'd share the photos he sent me...

Even with 8 week old fuel sat in the car the dyno run showed an increase of 11Nm and 4PS over the last one so I'll take that :thumbs:
TTS Supercharger (601PS / 675Nm) | Capristo Valved Exhaust | KW DDC Coilovers | JHM Short-Throw Shifter | HRE P104 21x10.5" + PSS
Ceramic Brakes (R8 GT Front / S7 Rear) | RS5 bootlid | Rieger S5 bumper | Rieger Sideskirts | RS5 grille | SPC adjustable UCA

boff
5th Gear

Post by boff » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:28 am

Lovely; what about water?
Zero Drama

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:48 am

Awesome and very tidy. One question: won't that filter get drenched from road spray?

EDIT: beaten to it...
No matter where you go, there you are.

Cuppa
2nd Gear

Post by Cuppa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:51 am

bam_bam wrote:Awesome and very tidy. One question: won't that filter get drenched from road spray?

EDIT: beaten to it...
Car is more of a second/third car now so weekend/sunny days pretty much from now on.

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:56 am

I was actually going to post that I'd be surprised if it gets driven in the wet.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Cuppa
2nd Gear

Post by Cuppa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:56 am

bam_bam wrote:I was actually going to post that I'd be surprised if it gets driven in the wet.
Used to a lot, but now dry weather only really.

Cuppa
2nd Gear

Post by Cuppa » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:36 pm

A few changes before AITP7 at the weekend. Had this intake pipe sat in the garage for a while, finally got around to fitting it today.

Also, finally added a little cosmetic touch I thought would be good for shows with some metallic silver and red vinyl lettering (For the keen eyed / OCD amongst you the word Coupe is missing an accent on the last e, so that needs to be added when I get around to it).

Cuppa
2nd Gear

Post by Cuppa » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:14 pm

Time for a new clutch...

Cuppa
2nd Gear

Post by Cuppa » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:39 pm

JHM 5R series clutch and lightweight flywheel...

Also removed the old cats and downpipes and replaced with 100 cell cats now located under the middle of the car...

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:28 pm

I've just stumbled across this thread after clicking your sig in the Engine Carbon Clean thread. This car is absolutely epic! Better than any RS5 because of the manual box, as well as the awesome mods.

Amazing work mate, love it all. :thumbs:

I wish KW did the DDC coillies for my B7 RS4, how are you getting on with them couple years on from the install?
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Cuppa
2nd Gear

Post by Cuppa » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:35 pm

FaisalJ wrote:I've just stumbled across this thread after clicking your sig in the Engine Carbon Clean thread. This car is absolutely epic! Better than any RS5 because of the manual box, as well as the awesome mods.

Amazing work mate, love it all. :thumbs:

I wish KW did the DDC coillies for my B7 RS4, how are you getting on with them couple years on from the install?
Cheers - yes manual box was a must for me.

Overall great with the coils, but in true KW style suffered from saggy rears after a while and had to replace the springs. The button to select the 3 modes is great, but the wifi-box to enable iPhone control keeps waking up the car so battery drain is an issue. I unplugged the wifi box after a while and just use the button now.

Cuppa
2nd Gear

Post by Cuppa » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:34 pm

Some photos of the recent exhaust work thanks to Jabbasport. First two photos show the new race cat location under the car and the last photo shows the restrictive cat pipes (outer two) and their replacement. Wonderful sound now with Capristo valves open :)

Return to “Readers' Rides”