Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Start a topic to show off your car or keep us updated on your journey
User avatar
Covkiller
Top Gear
Posts: 2217
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:44 pm
Location: Coventry

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by Covkiller » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:32 am

Bare bums :assflash:
RS4 B7, Mugello Blue, K&W V3 & HR ARBs, set up by Centre Gravity, Milltek Valved Non Res & cat bypass pipes, BMC air filter, braided hoses, DOT 5.1, Terraclean, MRC Full Carbon Clean, MRC remap 448PS 477NM, 20" S7 alloys with 4mm spacers & Hawke spigots 66.6 > 57.1, AP Racing front discs.

User avatar
FrazerD
4th Gear
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:48 pm
Location: Suffolk/Moray

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by FrazerD » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:40 pm

coffey555 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:53 am
Looking good after the refresh but I think it looks too bare at the back with no badges and the rear wiper delete.

Do you still have the rear rings and RS4 badge?
Thanks, I’m really happy with the results. I think you might be right. I do but if I was going to put a badge back on I would get a new one. I’m thinking at least the rings and maybe a black RS4 badge but if I did that I would want black badges for the door mouldings and I can’t find them for love nor money.
Covkiller wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:32 am
Bare bums :assflash:
:kissmyrings:

Cheers :thumbs:

coffey555
4th Gear
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by coffey555 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:29 pm

Yeah, tough one, I would want all the badges to match as well.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

User avatar
AlexB7RS4
2nd Gear
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:43 pm

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by AlexB7RS4 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:34 pm

I'm running RS4 Badge only which, in my opinion, is just right. Badge is Plasti dipped, always did intend to get a proper black badge.

I also looked for black side badges but same as you, found nothing. An answer might be to buy chrome ones, sand them up to rough the surface, mask the red bits and paint them.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
FrazerD
4th Gear
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:48 pm
Location: Suffolk/Moray

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by FrazerD » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:00 pm

coffey555 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:29 pm
Yeah, tough one, I would want all the badges to match as well.
That’s the dilemma I have unfortunately.
AlexB7RS4 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:34 pm
I'm running RS4 Badge only which, in my opinion, is just right. Badge is Plasti dipped, always did intend to get a proper black badge.

I also looked for black side badges but same as you, found nothing. An answer might be to buy chrome ones, sand them up to rough the surface, mask the red bits and paint them.

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks good, although at the moment I think I’ll put a new set of rings on and see if I can source all black RS4 badges.

Cheers :thumbs:

User avatar
FrazerD
4th Gear
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:48 pm
Location: Suffolk/Moray

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by FrazerD » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:06 pm

Hi folks,

My RS4 is now up for sale, it's been a great car but unfortunately my circumstances have changed. I still have a front gel plate to fit to match the rear one and new rear rings to fit also. I will do this before it is sold and keep this updated.

My for sale thread is here
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=132509

Cheers :thumbs:

coffey555
4th Gear
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by coffey555 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:44 pm

Sorry to hear you are selling after the work you put into it.

At least you will have some good memories with it.

No kids here either but lets be honest, they would only have made a mess of the interior if my mates R32 is anything to go by!

Good luck with the sale.
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

User avatar
FrazerD
4th Gear
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:48 pm
Location: Suffolk/Moray

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by FrazerD » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:50 pm

coffey555 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:44 pm
Sorry to hear you are selling after the work you put into it.

At least you will have some good memories with it.

No kids here either but lets be honest, they would only have made a mess of the interior if my mates R32 is anything to go by!

Good luck with the sale.
Me too but it’s one of those things. Absolutely and I have loved owning it. That’s very true but if I didn’t use it for kids then I would have to get rid of it when they do come along so catch 22 really.

I always rather jump than be pushed.

Thanks very much.

Cheers :thumbs:

coffey555
4th Gear
Posts: 946
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by coffey555 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:13 pm

I will be back in Edinburgh at the weekend so will keep an eye out for your car.

I pass a sprint blue Avant most days on my way to drop the wife off in the city centre and there is a black saloon local to me as well so a few about.

Any plans for the next motor yet?
Misano Red RS4 B7 Avant

User avatar
FrazerD
4th Gear
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:48 pm
Location: Suffolk/Moray

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by FrazerD » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 pm

coffey555 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:13 pm
I will be back in Edinburgh at the weekend so will keep an eye out for your car.

I pass a sprint blue Avant most days on my way to drop the wife off in the city centre and there is a black saloon local to me as well so a few about.

Any plans for the next motor yet?
I’m not in Edinburgh, just got family there. Cracking city though. Nah not yet, cross the bridge when I come to it I think.

Cheers :thumbs:

User avatar
FrazerD
4th Gear
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:48 pm
Location: Suffolk/Moray

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by FrazerD » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:56 pm

Hi folks,

I finally got round to putting on my front pressed plate to match the back one.

Image

Image

Cheers :thumbs:

User avatar
Weiß-sechs
4th Gear
Posts: 950
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:49 pm
Location: Everywhere & nowhere baby, that's where I'm at...

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by Weiß-sechs » Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:31 pm

I'm no expert mate but does the bumper/grill need a lift? Seems like quite a big gap between the bonnet...or could just be the angle of the dangle on your piccie :thumbs:

User avatar
FrazerD
4th Gear
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:48 pm
Location: Suffolk/Moray

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by FrazerD » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:56 pm

Weiß-sechs wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:31 pm
I'm no expert mate but does the bumper/grill need a lift? Seems like quite a big gap between the bonnet...or could just be the angle of the dangle on your piccie :thumbs:
Yea it does need to be lifted, when I had the bumper off I levelled the gap but the whole thing needs lifted a bit.

Cheers :thumbs:

User avatar
FrazerD
4th Gear
Posts: 817
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:48 pm
Location: Suffolk/Moray

Re: Frazer’s B7 RS4 Avant

Post by FrazerD » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:42 pm

Hi folks,

Not posted for a while as I have been flat out with work. Not a lot has changed but it had a valet for the low collective show as it was on a stand there. The following weekend I was at an M3cutters meet too.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Cheers :thumbs:

Post Reply

Return to “Readers' Rides”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest