Underperforming S8 Stage 2???

Discuss common aspects of Audi RS and S tuning and modifications
kungfupanda
Neutral

Underperforming S8 Stage 2???

Post by kungfupanda » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:57 pm

I’ve recently bought a 2015 S8 D4 with the 4.0 twin turbo engine.

The previous owner has had some work done on it by QSTuning which includes APR downpipes, sports cats, Milltek exhaust and an APR Stage 2 ECU and TCU tune. This is all documented by original invoices.

Stock, these are meant to produce 513bhp. I’ve recently taken it for a dyno run and the figures are a little disappointing. It’s showing 615bhp and 924nm of torque. I was expecting the power to be closer to 700bhp.

I’m going to get the car scanned to see if there are any problems but what would you guys recommend? Maybe a different map with a different tuner?

Nige_RS4
Cruising

Re: Underperforming S8 Stage 2???

Post by Nige_RS4 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:14 am

If you read APR's own documentation they recorded 577bhp from a stock car (supposed to be 513bhp), so either they are all coming out of the factory with quite a bit more power, or APR's dyno is out of whack?

APR's tuned figures are based on this higher figure, so the actual stage 2 increase is only around 150bhp. On top of this, they are publishing their figures with all bolt on mods including an intercooler, so if you car doesn't have one they may of opted for a lower boost mode for your particular tune.

https://www.goapr.com/products/software ... T-EA824-S8

The other considerations are, what dyno did you use as they can often under/over read depending on how familiar the operator is with quattro systems? Do you use 99RON fuel?
www.speedcams.co.uk

B5 2.7t S4 - gone
B5 2.7t RS4 - gone
Ed 30 Golf DSG - gone
A5 3.0tdi - gone within 12 months!
S3 2.0 tfsi - 6+ years, but now sold
2018 Golf R 7.5

rs user
4th Gear

Re: Underperforming S8 Stage 2???

Post by rs user » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:37 pm

just a slightly underperforming plug/coilpack could be an issue