Vibrations under acceleration RS4 B7

Discuss common aspects of Audi RS and S tuning and modifications
TheresonlyoneBiff
Neutral

Vibrations under acceleration RS4 B7

Post by TheresonlyoneBiff » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:18 pm

I threw the o/s front driveshaft a month or so back, my local garage replaced it with a driveshaft from Parker’s. Once I’d got it back I could feel some vibration under acceleration so the suggestion was to change the n/s shaft too. After that was changed the vibrations were still there. After some investigating the garage discovered that Parker’s had supplied two different shafts one from shaftec and a premium one which according to them shouldn’t have been supplied (blamed the new lad on the phone), after some phone calls Parker’s replaced the o/s shaft with a shaftec the same as the n/s shaft. All seemed well but once again under acceleration the vibrating is still there and it’s doing my stack in. Is this a case of the supplied shafts aren’t suitable and I need to get them from Audi or could it be something else? Any advice will be greatly recieved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RS4 B7, Vossen HF2 Wheels, DKU Performance custom exhaust, H&R Coilovers, K&N Filter

Foxmeister
4th Gear

Re: Vibrations under acceleration RS4 B7

Post by Foxmeister » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:43 am

Your wheels, are they correct CB? Do you use spigots? check to see if its still there

TheresonlyoneBiff
Neutral

Post by TheresonlyoneBiff » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:37 am

Brand new wheels with spigots, fitted, balanced and laser aligned. The vibrating started before I’d changed the wheels Image

RS4 B7, Vossen HF2 Wheels, DKU Performance custom exhaust, H&R Coilovers, K&N Filter

TheresonlyoneBiff
Neutral

Post by TheresonlyoneBiff » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:16 pm

Update. Replaced the o/s driveshaft with an Audi shaft, cost a bomb but problem solved

Return to “Audi Tuning and Modifications”