audi rs4 b7 lambda B1 S1 - B2 S1 fault

Discuss common aspects of Audi RS and S tuning and modifications
Dinosroume
1st Gear

audi rs4 b7 lambda B1 S1 - B2 S1 fault

Post by Dinosroume » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:15 pm

hey audi owners!
I own my RS4 b7 saloon for 6 months now.I took the car to a dealership for inspection before i buy the car.The mechanics told me that it was lambda b1 s1 sensor.
After 2 months the B2 S1 came on when i plug the VCDS.I replaced the 2 sensors and after 2 days the engine check light came on.After a few days i called my mechanic and get the car for check , he told me that the plug of the lambda sensor plug needs to get open.The engine Check light turned off but the mechanic told me that the lambda sensors sends a lot of fuel. i think the maximum mixture he told me the car needs to be 25% and my car works around 27% on idle. My old sensors seems to have a lot of unburned fuel because the sensors was dirty (black).After that, i checked the car by myself with the VCDS and the mixture of the lambda was 27% on idle and round 25-26% at 3-4k rpm.One day after the mechanic said he fixed the plug from the lambda but the light came on again.
Do you think my cats need to be replaced? my cars has 119000km -73.9432 miles on it.
Do you think my light came on because of the lambda sensors getting dirty from unburned fuel and can't send the right order?
And the last cause i been thinking is if my car has a bad ecu remap. What do you think?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Re: audi rs4 b7 lambda B1 S1 - B2 S1 fault

Post by FaisalJ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:18 am

I had something like this on my old B6 S4 - turned out the lambdas were the wrong way round (e.g. B1 sensor 1 actually reading B2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Dinosroume
1st Gear

Re: audi rs4 b7 lambda B1 S1 - B2 S1 fault

Post by Dinosroume » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:28 pm

FaisalJ wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:18 am
I had something like this on my old B6 S4 - turned out the lambdas were the wrong way round (e.g. B1 sensor 1 actually reading B2)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your asnwer mate! i'll call my mechanic and try this one!

thanks again!

Return to “Audi Tuning and Modifications”