Need help with kess v2, error while writing to my rs6 c6

Discuss common aspects of Audi RS and S tuning and modifications
Erwan35
Neutral

Need help with kess v2, error while writing to my rs6 c6

Post by Erwan35 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:22 pm

Hi all! As the title above. Long story short, i bought a clone kess v2 from ebay. Read ecu on my rs6 c6 was good, then when writing ecu at the end of 98% it will pop a message and say error during writing, check your connections,do not switch of dash, recovery mode? (Yes/no) so then i clicked Yes. So it will start the write flash again then until 98% it will give the same error. So this time i decided to turn dash off. And now my ecu is playin up, when ignition is on, my fan will speed at full. But my kess can still connect and write to the ecu but whenever it reaches 98% it will fail again. So now my car is stuck at the basement. Any ideas? Tomorrow i wil try to update the ecu using odis engineering see if it helps. Hopefully it does. My question is, why did it happened? Could it be because my battery was below 12v when writing? When i read the ecu the voltage was 12.46 and down to 12.05 till both master and slave ecu was read. Then when i was writing the ecu starting with master ecu it was at 11.90 and since the error occured with fan on till it drains my battery to 10.70. Can anybody help me and maybe advise what to do? How do write my files in to the ecu?? Is my kess not working correctly? Thanks!!
RS6 C6 SEDAN RHD VS_PERFORMANCE STAGE 1.5, 2ND CAT DELETE, MILTEK CATBACK, BMC DROP IN FILTERS. :blackrs4:

Erwan35
Neutral

Re: Need help with kess v2, error while writing to my rs6 c6

Post by Erwan35 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:26 pm

Forgot to mention i also tried to write stock file and also recovery using stock file. It will also fail at 98% .
RS6 C6 SEDAN RHD VS_PERFORMANCE STAGE 1.5, 2ND CAT DELETE, MILTEK CATBACK, BMC DROP IN FILTERS. :blackrs4:

Erwan35
Neutral

Post by Erwan35 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:03 pm

Car is back on the road flashed using odis on bench. But now car is stock. I want to put my new files in!!

gtrkiwi
Neutral

Post by gtrkiwi » Tue Sep 08, 2020 12:41 am

HI, I found your post and even though it is a couple of years old i thought I would ask for help based on your experience.

I too have Kess V2 clone and have successfully remapped many vehicles using a map service in Holland of all places.
All was fine until I attempted to map my own modern classic, a 2006 Bentley Continental Gt...which is just a VAG car as it happens.
I also had the same problem with lost communication but my map did not load past 0%. My battery voltage was above 12.5v all the time as I had a stabilised battery supply connected up.
My ecu is now fried! Hardware ID cant be found or a message similar to that. Recovery wont work. It tells me to use the correct protocol which I was...over and over.

What interests me about your post is that you appeared to have recovered your original ecu using obis?
If you have any info around how I can recover my ecu it would be appreciated. I have the original map.

I am happy to just have the car running and standard having learned my lesson. I would be too frightened to attempt another remap!

Cheers,
Stephen.

Palmerk109
Neutral

Post by Palmerk109 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:14 pm

Hi, to solve your problem with the “use the correct protocol” error. Just use can instead of K line.

Some cars give the option of both and the top one isn’t always the correct protocol.

Hope this helps a little.

Return to “Audi Tuning and Modifications”