Cash? PCP? HP? Lease?

2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 362 bhp
2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 395 bhp
electricfurnace
1st Gear

Cash? PCP? HP? Lease?

Post by electricfurnace » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:45 pm

Hi all

Old rs4 owner here looking to get an rs3. Wondering how people have tended to get theirs?

50k is a big wedge of cash, interested if most buy out right, and if not, what deals they have and what sort of monthly and final payments they have?

Never leased or pcp’d before and always bought cash or bank loan so all new to me as to the best way!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

josedebardi
2nd Gear

Re: Cash? PCP? HP? Lease?

Post by josedebardi » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:52 pm

You’ll get the best deal if you PCP (so take advantage of the Audi contributions available only on finance) then pay it off a week after delivery having paid only ~£1.50 in interest on that week.
Dealer will hate you but it’ll save you thousands.

Or, buy a house (other investments are available) with the £50k and just lease/PCP it (won’t be much in it, PCP is much more flexible though).

Audi S8 D2 Nogaro Blue "Pace Car"
Audi TT 8N Cab Nogaro Blue
Hyundai Tucson Polar White
Audi RS3 8V Panther Black "Baggy" (sold)
Audi S1 8X Vegas Yellow "Bumblebeast" (sold)
Audi SQ5 8R Glacier White (sold)
VCDS Genuine Rosstech USB-HEX+CAN Owner - PM if you want any coding/mods done in Dorset in exchange for beer/money :roll:

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:56 pm

Though that requires the ability to buy a new car which currently you can’t. Finance on a used car can be expensive.

If you don’t have cash, mortgage or a third party such as Oracle.

FaisalJ
Cruising

Post by FaisalJ » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:01 am

doodlebug wrote:Though that requires the ability to buy a new car which currently you can’t. Finance on a used car can be expensive.

Be careful with the mortgage approach, to work out the total cost including potentially a really long time paying interest!

A higher rate PCP over 3-5yrs might work out cheaper overall, than a very low rate on a mortgage over say 25yrs.

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:26 pm

FaisalJ wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:01 am
doodlebug wrote:Though that requires the ability to buy a new car which currently you can’t. Finance on a used car can be expensive.

Be careful with the mortgage approach, to work out the total cost including potentially a really long time paying interest!

A higher rate PCP over 3-5yrs might work out cheaper overall, than a very low rate on a mortgage over say 25yrs
Agreed, the mortgage approach only really works if you have the mental discipline to treat the extra amount on the mortgage as the car loan portion, and you overpay the additional balance every month

ie. (basic figures) extend mortgage by 20k, overpay mortgage by 600pm for 36 months etc etc
B5 B6 B7 B9

electricfurnace
1st Gear

Post by electricfurnace » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Are there no new rs3’s at the moment then?

I have the ability to pay say 40k cash but was thinking no point in putting that in a depreciating assett, so was curious about how others tended to fund their RS3’s (or other cars of a similar value).

skirs6
5th Gear

Post by skirs6 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:42 pm

I did mine on PCP. Audi had suspended building quite a few models while sorting out all this new emissions testing bollo##s. I looked at new RS3 options but it was a long wait and I needed the 6 gone

electricfurnace
1st Gear

Post by electricfurnace » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:51 am

skirs6 wrote:I did mine on PCP. Audi had suspended building quite a few models while sorting out all this new emissions testing bollo##s. I looked at new RS3 options but it was a long wait and I needed the 6 gone
What sort of figures on pcp mate? Any dealer contribution?

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:53 am

You can’t currently order a new RSanything due to the WLTP changes.

Not likely to be any contributions when availability resumes. All of the PCP details are on the website including any contribution info.

Used is a different equation, rates higher and price is the price you negotiate.

skirs6
5th Gear

Post by skirs6 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:01 pm

doodlebug wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:53 am
You can’t currently order a new RSanything due to the WLTP changes.

Not likely to be any contributions when availability resumes. All of the PCP details are on the website including any contribution info.

Used is a different equation, rates higher and price is the price you negotiate.
As above the monthly is ok and I was ok with what I got for the 6 plus a nice little lump sum back to me 👍

Return to “RS3 (8VA) 2015-”