ABT RS3 in Audi Tuner

2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 362 bhp
2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 395 bhp
Shinobi675
5th Gear

Re: ABT RS3 in Audi Tuner

Post by Shinobi675 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:00 am

I could believe it! A monster! I wanted it ;)
996 C4S, B8 RS4, CBR600RR & a little ZXR400

Paulm
Top Gear

Post by Paulm » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:00 pm

smudge wrote:Why do people print this stuff? If an ecu has been fettled with, it's been fettled with. Code intact or removed. And that gets picked up, end of.:piss:
Not quite true anymore. New software (depending what OBD Flasher you use) allows flash back to standard and no TD1 flag will show. obviously if you leave the tuned file on the car you will get detected.
BMW 540i
2018 GTR
F90 M5
X3MC
RS3 Saloon
RS7 FL best car I've owned. No faith in turbo oil screen (turbos failing) or sticking oil scraper ring causing missfires.
F10 M5 LCI still no rear grip lol
S7 black Edition Too big and heavy
S3 8V FL DSG 310ps, road noise is a joke
RS3 8P Rubbish
C7 RS6 Fantastic car but missed playing
GTR R35 800bhp, too extreme, crazy fast though
911 Turbo Remapped. Hated it
F10 M5, awesome but no rear grip
RS6 V10 700BHP crazy
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S 600bhp

smudge
4th Gear

Post by smudge » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Paulm wrote:
smudge wrote:Why do people print this stuff? If an ecu has been fettled with, it's been fettled with. Code intact or removed. And that gets picked up, end of.:piss:
Not quite true anymore. New software (depending what OBD Flasher you use) allows flash back to standard and no TD1 flag will show. obviously if you leave the tuned file on the car you will get detected.
Call me skeptical, but I seriously don't believe that it isn't traceable. And to the best of knowledge Audi have pretty much locked out their ECU's so breaking them means just that. But I am no expert, just a skeptic old bastard (old =41 :boohoo: )
It's all torque talk.

Paulm
Top Gear

Post by Paulm » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:18 pm

smudge wrote:
Paulm wrote:
Call me skeptical, but I seriously don't believe that it isn't traceable. And to the best of knowledge Audi have pretty much locked out their ECU's so breaking them means just that. But I am no expert, just a skeptic old bastard (old =41 :boohoo: )
99% of them are now Flashable, (no need to open the ecus any more) and putting them back to stock (only one tool can do it at the moment but I am sure they will all follow) will be just like they came out of the factory.

Audi, BMW and the like will never lock out their ecus. the tuning market is too big business, the tuners will always find a way. I guess all that Audi etc need to do it lock out the ecus long enough for the warranties to run out on current models then when they release a new model release a new ecu (or further security enhancements) and it starts all over again.

Old?? I am 49 and am deffo not old :lol:
BMW 540i
2018 GTR
F90 M5
X3MC
RS3 Saloon
RS7 FL best car I've owned. No faith in turbo oil screen (turbos failing) or sticking oil scraper ring causing missfires.
RS3 8P Rubbish
RS6 V10 700BHP crazy

marc1
Cruising

Post by marc1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:01 pm

^ Not sure that's stictly true either though Paul... 1) There is a flash counter. 2) The check sum people are mentioning is essentially like a word / character count in Microsoft Word, but a counter for programing code.

The first will cover if the car has been flashed back to standard, the second if the tune remains.

I'm sure they'd be able to recall actual vs. requested values over time too. More obvious in turboed cars logging boost, etc.

Porsche have similar checks for over revving.

Paulm
Top Gear

Post by Paulm » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:56 pm

marc1 wrote:^ Not sure that's stictly true either though Paul... 1) There is a flash counter. 2) The check sum people are mentioning is essentially like a word / character count in Microsoft Word, but a counter for programing code.

The first will cover if the car has been flashed back to standard, the second if the tune remains.

I'm sure they'd be able to recall actual vs. requested values over time too. More obvious in turboed cars logging boost, etc.

Porsche have similar checks for over revving.
Flash counter is a 2 min fix / bypass. Most flashers don't trigger it anyway and newer ecus don't even have it. I flashed my 996 turbo at least 8 times and still recorded 0 in flash counter.

I know what a Checksum is. Checksum will only change is data in the file changes so putting back on the standard file the checksum will not change

Yes Porsche log revs at different thresholds that has nothing to do with mapping if you don't up the rev limit. even then it is probably held in the eeprom so could be over written

things have moved on somewhat.
BMW 540i
2018 GTR
F90 M5
X3MC
RS3 Saloon
RS3 8P Rubbish
RS6 V10 700BHP crazy

doodlebug
Cruising

Post by doodlebug » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:57 pm

Aye. I therefore think it's naive to assume that the manufacturers are stupid in all this!!

Paulm
Top Gear

Post by Paulm » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:43 pm

doodlebug wrote:Aye. I therefore think it's naive to assume that the manufacturers are stupid in all this!!
Where did I assume that??

I said was its a game that both sides play trying to see who is the smartest. There are ways round everything. its not real life anyway is it?? playing cat and mouse with tuning and warranties. Who cares :thumb:
BMW 540i
2018 GTR
F90 M5
X3MC
RS3 Saloon
RS3 8P Rubbish
RS6 V10 700BHP crazy

Shinobi675
5th Gear

Post by Shinobi675 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:45 pm

How do abt get around it? They've not invalidated the warranty... Must be more advanced ways to show it doe where.
996 C4S, B8 RS4, CBR600RR & a little ZXR400

Return to “RS3 (8VA) 2015-”