RS3 Ordered!

2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 362 bhp
2.5 I5 20v TFSI - 395 bhp
Ian_C
Cruising

Re: RS3 Ordered!

Post by Ian_C » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:23 pm

HYFR wrote:Haha, funnily enough it was right outside your work, but didn't look like you unless you've had plastic surgery since I saw you last ?!
Dave, I think Amar should be a gent and lend you the RS3 for a blast. I've not driven the previous generation - I appreciate from your comments it was a bit of a hash up and you were NOT impressed. However I've been very impressed with brief drives in the current S3 and RS3.

I know normally you don't get out of bed unless its a packing a 4.2 or 5.2 - but give it a go!
B5 B6 B7 B9

Mr V10
Cruising

Post by Mr V10 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:38 pm

HYFR wrote:Haha, funnily enough it was right outside your work, but didn't look like you unless you've had plastic surgery since I saw you last ?!

Probably on demo.

You can come have a go DK but boss wouldn't even loan it out to my customer who's spent £200k with me including a C7 RS 6 and new RS 3. Odd. Best thing about this is the sound. It's why I can't stop driving it, mega fleet. With half the RS 6's engine. :lol:

2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753PS, 1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon S-Tronic, Sepang, B&O, Tech Pack w/connect, 19" 5 Arm Wing Alloys, Comfort Pack, LED Light Pack - Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:43 pm

yeah same car

haha, I remember when I had an Suzuka RS 3, Imola RS 5 and Red R8 V10 in my "fleet" outside my house

Mr V10
Cruising

Post by Mr V10 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:52 pm

HYFR wrote:yeah same car

haha, I remember when I had an Suzuka RS 3, Imola RS 5 and Red R8 V10 in my "fleet" outside my house
Now that's a fleet. Pop in sometime for a coffee if you're passing. Love to have a look around the F Type when you get one, loving all new Jags at the moment. My sister is going to swap her 3 series for an XE.
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753PS, 1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon S-Tronic, Sepang, B&O, Tech Pack w/connect, 19" 5 Arm Wing Alloys, Comfort Pack, LED Light Pack - Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:53 pm

F TYPE can wait till Autumn ... got 1 more Audi to do

:beerchug:

I'm looking forward to my XE in September.

I drive past your work everyday

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:06 pm

HYFR wrote:F TYPE can wait till Autumn ... got 1 more Audi to do

:beerchug:

I'm looking forward to my XE in September.

I drive past your work everyday
C7? I wondered when you'd have a go with one.

toyneg
5th Gear

Post by toyneg » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:15 pm

Had one out on test this morning for an hour courtesy of harwoods and wow what a fun car to drive. Absolutely loved the sound and launch control was just great, it's seriously quick off the line. Such a different experience from my b7 but just great fun imho
Attachments
image.jpg
Glacier White 2017 S3 Saloon with all the Tech.
Gone but not forgotten - B7 RS4 Saloon Black - H&R spacers, Tints, Gun Metal Alloys, MRC Stage 2, Pre Cats, Milltek Non Res, K/W Springs, MRC Full Carbon clean - 431ps
previous - B6 A4 1.8T S-Line 215PS

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:57 am

Just as well it drives ok, but that pic looks terrible to me
Needs some steroids

R55ENS
2nd Gear

Post by R55ENS » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:45 pm

I went in today and spec'd one up! Just waiting on a test drive then I'll be hopefully placing an order!

When we talked money, there was no talk of dealer/audi contribution or any discounts. How do people approach this? Only my second time buying a new car and I feel abit intimated asking for these types of things!

Any guidance will ne appreciated!

Also the dealer mentioned delivery wouldn't be until March next year? Much truth to this? As that's a long way away!
RS4 B8 AVANT

josedebardi
2nd Gear

Post by josedebardi » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:51 pm

R55ENS wrote:I went in today and spec'd one up! Just waiting on a test drive then I'll be hopefully placing an order!

When we talked money, there was no talk of dealer/audi contribution or any discounts. How do people approach this? Only my second time buying a new car and I feel abit intimated asking for these types of things!

Any guidance will ne appreciated!

Also the dealer mentioned delivery wouldn't be until March next year? Much truth to this? As that's a long way away!
Where are you based?

A bit of discount (like 5%) was possible but since the last few weeks when demand has massively outstripped supply it seems to have dried up.

Delivery scales are out to March yes - but - there is a bulletin released this week relating to TT-S, Q7 and A3 Sportback (including RS3) saying they are cancelling all dealer stock orders on these models to aid customer supply orders, so there is some hope this will improve. There are people that put deposits down in Dec, had the order placed with factory when the books opened in April and still have no build week! Personally I ordered in April (one week after books opened) and have a build week mid-Oct.
The wait will be painful, but, with this much demand residuals should be strong, and I assure you it'll be worth the wait! I took one out for a 1 hour unaccompanied blast on Thurs and OMG!
Audi S8 D2 Nogaro Blue "Pace Car"
Audi TT 8N Cab Nogaro Blue
Hyundai Tucson Polar White
Audi RS3 8V Panther Black "Baggy" (sold)
Audi S1 8X Vegas Yellow "Bumblebeast" (sold)
Audi SQ5 8R Glacier White (sold)
VCDS Genuine Rosstech USB-HEX+CAN Owner - PM if you want any coding/mods done in Dorset in exchange for beer/money :roll:

R55ENS
2nd Gear

Post by R55ENS » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:01 pm

I'm in Manchester, and went to Bolton Audi. Yeah he mentioned they had canceled any stock orders!

I've also been offered an hour unaccompanied test drive which ill be taking! Just need to get some balls and ask for discount! :D

Cheers for the info!!
RS4 B8 AVANT

josedebardi
2nd Gear

Post by josedebardi » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:08 pm

Manchester Audi were one of the dealerships I know were offering some discount - so may be worth asking there. Also Stoke is not a million miles from you, I know they were open to offers.

I would aim for 6-7% and see what they say, you may have to settle for only 1-3% with the current long wait times though. It's basically, as you say, about having a pair of balls, making sure they are very clear that you are serious about buying, and that you are willing to walk away and find a potentially better deal (including travelling for one).
A lot also comes down to the sales guy you get and which business manager is on duty as well, people have gone to the same dealership at either end of the same week and got different offers from different staff. Also, depends on their targets for the model that month/quarter, if you are lucky and they are struggling (unlikely right now) you can get a good deal.

If you fancy a longer pick-up drive back to home PM me as I know I can get you some from my local dealership here in the South.
Audi S8 D2 Nogaro Blue "Pace Car"
Audi TT 8N Cab Nogaro Blue
Hyundai Tucson Polar White
Audi RS3 8V Panther Black "Baggy" (sold)
Audi S1 8X Vegas Yellow "Bumblebeast" (sold)
Audi SQ5 8R Glacier White (sold)
VCDS Genuine Rosstech USB-HEX+CAN Owner - PM if you want any coding/mods done in Dorset in exchange for beer/money :roll:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:56 pm

My wife ordered 2 weeks ago and still no build week.

RIV
Cruising

Post by RIV » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:47 am

Your be fighting over that mike, what colour has she gone for, get some spacers on order, they need them :bigblink:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:38 am

RIV wrote:
Your be fighting over that mike, what colour has she gone for, get some spacers on order, they need them :bigblink:
If they did it as a saloon I'd have been tempted to get one myself. But it's all good as I always drive at the weekends and get to choose the car. Currently its always the 4 but that might change once the 3 turns up. Or I get a 6.

I won't be ordering spacers yet as she is after a set of aftermarket wheels already so might not need any spacers depending on widths and offsets etc.
She's gone for a white one with gloss black trim.

Return to “RS3 (8VA) 2015-”