Cruising

Re: RS3 Ordered!

Post by MikeFish » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:48 pm

Ian_C wrote:Post up the full spec dude. :thumbs:
Glacier White
Black Styling Pack
19" Black Rotors (wider at the front)
Super Sports Seats, all black interior with grey stitching
Dynamic Pack (Magnetic Ride & Sports Exhaust)
Comfort & Sound package (cruise cont, B&O, auto dim rear view, int light package)
Auto dimming door mirrors
Extended Mono-Purr Interior
Reversing Camera
Sat Nav (basic)
Privacy Glass
Body Coloured Door Mirrors

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:03 am

Glacier white, black optics, quattro grille, black wheels and privacy glass will look awesome.

Good spec! Quick tot up in my head, about £7500 of toys there. Its difficult to know when to stop Id imagine.

As mentioned, I think it would be interesting to drive a car without the Dynamic pack because I read the standard exhaust still pops and the fixed rate dampers are compliant

The only thing I'd comment on is the HD Nav. With the basic Nav you lose the touch pad and you get the smaller, lower resolution screen. The knock on effect is all the text is smaller, ditto your rear camera image etc
B5 B6 B7 B9

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:52 am

She mentioned that she changed it for the HD nav but when I checked her order she changed it back to basic. I think this was probably based on the fact she uses it once every 3 years.

Its a shame the pano roof doesn't give you an all black roof like it did on her S3 otherwise shed have got that again.

And your estimate is good, about £250 over.

carsarecool
4th Gear

RS3 Ordered!

Post by carsarecool » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:18 am

Mr V10 wrote:I'm currently running the new RS 3, took it on a 300 mile trip to Goodwood and back today - mainly motorway, but will try some of the roads I know well and benchmark on later. Thoughts so far.

Performance - Pretty much everything feels slow after the C6, this is the same. Whereas the C6 would be belting down the motorway, this is still accelerating down the slip road. Not really a relavant comparo, I know, but it does skew my sense of G Force.

The best thing about it is the noise, this one has the factory sports exhuast it set a car alarm off yesterday, it is VERY loud, and sounds epic. It pops and crackles at any opportunity and genuinely reminds you of a group B S1 quattro.

Attention - It gets loads, which surprised me. I had a guy cut across traffic in an older shape S3 to take a closer look. And have had two people in traffic usher me to put my window down to talk about it.

Steering - Unlike the latest TT, it seems typically Audi. That's all I'll say, but I do want to drive it down some more familiar roads and routes.

I'm off out for a drive now, can't get enough of that five pot sound.
Is yours an orange red colour? I was trying to catch up with one to have a proper look when I left Goodwood at about 5-ish. It sounded great. There was an RS7 in the mix too. We kept over/undertaking to get a look.
Last edited by carsarecool on Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

josedebardi
2nd Gear

Post by josedebardi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:43 am

MikeFish wrote:She mentioned that she changed it for the HD nav but when I checked her order she changed it back to basic. I think this was probably based on the fact she uses it once every 3 years.

Its a shame the pano roof doesn't give you an all black roof like it did on her S3 otherwise shed have got that again.

And your estimate is good, about £250 over.
Just get the remainder of the roof wrapped black for a couple of hundred quid if you go for the pano
Audi S8 D2 Nogaro Blue "Pace Car"
Audi TT 8N Cab Nogaro Blue
Hyundai Tucson Polar White
Audi RS3 8V Panther Black "Baggy" (sold)
Audi S1 8X Vegas Yellow "Bumblebeast" (sold)
Audi SQ5 8R Glacier White (sold)
VCDS Genuine Rosstech USB-HEX+CAN Owner - PM if you want any coding/mods done in Dorset in exchange for beer/money :roll:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:40 am

I thought about that, but it won't be as glossy as it needs to be to match the other black gloss bits, and her current car also has the roof aerial painted black and that won't wrap as nicely as the roof.
The dealer even offered to have it all wrapped ready for collection.

And the pano roof seems to have shrunk on this shape compared to the previous shape. On the previous one (her current car), the glass literally took up the majority roof whereas now the pano roof looks little bigger than a conventional sunroof (or am I getting confused with the RS6 now?).

josedebardi
2nd Gear

Post by josedebardi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:47 am

Yea, I think it's only the front part of the roof now, not all of it as the old.
VCDS Genuine Rosstech USB-HEX+CAN Owner - PM if you want any coding/mods done in Dorset in exchange for beer/money :roll:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:07 am

So it is basically a sunroof not a pano roof, but still being sold as a pano roof.

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:09 am

Ian_C wrote:Glacier white, black optics, quattro grille, black wheels and privacy glass will look awesome.

Good spec! Quick tot up in my head, about £7500 of toys there. Its difficult to know when to stop Id imagine.

As mentioned, I think it would be interesting to drive a car without the Dynamic pack because I read the standard exhaust still pops and the fixed rate dampers are compliant

The only thing I'd comment on is the HD Nav. With the basic Nav you lose the touch pad and you get the smaller, lower resolution screen. The knock on effect is all the text is smaller, ditto your rear camera image etc
Funnily enough, I didn't say anything to her but she just text me asking if she should change to the HD nav again.

josedebardi
2nd Gear

Post by josedebardi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:11 am

Well it's full width and I guess about 50% longer than a normal one. If you are sat in the front it makes the whole roof glass, just sat in the back it's not so good.

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:13 am

Superb! :thumbs:

Just have to decide between HD Nav for £1500 or HD Nav with Audi Connect for £1800
B5 B6 B7 B9

josedebardi
2nd Gear

Post by josedebardi » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:16 am

Ian_C wrote:Superb! :thumbs:

Just have to decide between HD Nav for £1500 or HD Nav with Audi Connect for £1800
The Tech pack is not worth it without the Audi Connect IMO.

Without the online services you're just paying for the higher res screen really as the HDD nav works exactly the same as the SD Nav if there is no internet involved.

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:32 am

Agreed - I'd definitely take the online version. :thumbs:
B5 B6 B7 B9

Mr V10
Cruising

Post by Mr V10 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:47 pm

HYFR wrote:saw a white one with black optics today

looked good !
Was probably me! 8)

Where was this?
2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753PS, 1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon S-Tronic, Sepang, B&O, Tech Pack w/connect, 19" 5 Arm Wing Alloys, Comfort Pack, LED Light Pack - Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport

HYFR
Cruising

Post by HYFR » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Haha, funnily enough it was right outside your work, but didn't look like you unless you've had plastic surgery since I saw you last ?!

Return to “RS3 (8VA) 2015-”