Audi RS2 Black Smoke Problem

2.2 I5 20v turbo - 315 bhp
fvegars2
Neutral

Audi RS2 Black Smoke Problem

Post by fvegars2 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi, im from Costa Rica and a proud owner of a 95 Audi RS2, recently I have been experiencing issues with the car, it would stutter under acceleration, leave a huge black cloud and wouldn't want to rev past 4k rpm. It has gotten to a point where it is so bad that it sometimes won't even want to move and even shutting off making the car undriveable. Any recommendations greatly appreciated thanks!

FazS3
3rd Gear

Re: Audi RS2 Black Smoke Problem

Post by FazS3 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:32 am

have you tried to change the MAF sensor?

nadams22
Neutral

Post by nadams22 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:46 pm

fvegars2 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:03 pm
Hi, im from Costa Rica and a proud owner of a 95 Audi RS2, recently I have been experiencing issues with the car, it would stutter under acceleration, leave a huge black cloud and wouldn't want to rev past 4k rpm. It has gotten to a point where it is so bad that it sometimes won't even want to move and even shutting off making the car undriveable. Any recommendations greatly appreciated thanks!
Based on the symptoms you've described, it sounds like your Audi RS2 may be experiencing a problem with its fuel system or engine management system. The stuttering under acceleration and difficulty revving past 4k RPM are both indicative of a lack of power, which could be caused by a number of issues, such as a clogged fuel filter, a malfunctioning fuel injector, or a problem with the engine's ignition system. The black cloud you're seeing could also be a sign of a problem with the car's exhaust system.

One possible cause of the issue you're experiencing could be a problem with the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor. The MAF sensor is responsible for measuring the amount of air flowing into the engine, and if it is malfunctioning, it can cause the engine to run lean (not enough fuel) or rich (too much fuel), resulting in poor performance and increased emissions.

I recommend having the vehicle scanned for diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) to help pinpoint the exact cause of the problem. The technician may check for any vacuum leaks, and check the fuel pressure and MAF sensor. If the problem is found to be with the fuel system, it may be necessary to replace the fuel filter or one or more of the fuel injectors. If the problem is found to be with the engine management system, it may be necessary to replace the MAF sensor or other related components.

In any case, it's best to have the vehicle inspected by a professional mechanic who is familiar with the Audi RS2. They will be able to properly diagnose and repair the issue, ensuring your vehicle is running at its best.

Toonedee
Neutral

Post by Toonedee » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:41 pm

Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “RS2 (B4) 1994-1995”