Play in gearbox or driveshaft or somewhere else ?

http://www.MRCTuning.com - MRC Tuning Limited is based in Banbury, Oxfordshire. They pride themselves on their technical knowledge and ability to do all mapping in house. Dougal Bennet and Mihnea Cotet opened the UK business in 2005.
live.marc
1st Gear

Play in gearbox or driveshaft or somewhere else ?

Post by live.marc » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:34 pm

I've an RS6 C5 - thinking of getting it remapped...

It drives superbly and changes gears smoothly so no problems there ...

But just one issue... when I slow down, and then just when I put my foot down, there's like a small delay, then a thud as it kicks into drive. Then smooth when changing gear.

SO it's as if there is some play SOMEWHERE??

Does anyone recognise this issue and have any thoughts? could it be play in the driveshaft? or gearbox? how much to get either fixed?? Big job or small?

Is this something that MRC would cover in their healthcheck pre Remapping??

Please PM me with answers or reply here thanks.
2003 RS6 C5 Avant Black on 19's

TobyRS4
2nd Gear

Re: Play in gearbox or driveshaft or somewhere else ?

Post by TobyRS4 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:18 pm

possible gearbox or engine mount?
Sprint Blue B7 RS4 - Black/Titanium optics, Anthracite OEM 19's, De-resonated OEM Exhaust, TTRS FBSW, MRC Stage 2 De-flapped manifold, Full Carbon Clean, MRC Stage 2 Re-map, 431.5 BHP...... must...not...spend....more...

live.marc
1st Gear

Post by live.marc » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:07 pm

Thanks for the reply Toby, yeah i'm wondering about the engine mount, as when I go over bumps on the road, bad ones, I can feel my gas pedal vibrate, and am not too sure it is supposed to do that??

Human Joist
3rd Gear

Post by Human Joist » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:44 pm

The bumps and the accelerator pedal vibration is a separate issue mate with a zip tie fix. Search the forum there are a few threads on there. Something to do with a bearing failure in the pedal box and mrc suggested a zip tie and it sorts it. 5 minutes work. Need to sort mine for the same thing occasionally.

Human Joist
3rd Gear

Post by Human Joist » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:47 pm

Here is the link I am planning to follow. See page 2 for pics. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=109642&hilit=Accele ... +vibration

live.marc
1st Gear

Post by live.marc » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Human Joist wrote:Here is the link I am planning to follow. See page 2 for pics. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=109642&hilit=Accele ... +vibration

Hey thanks Human - top man! - brilliant! will have a look at that, it's been annoying me that, feels like the car's falling apart going over bumps! lol

Human Joist
3rd Gear

Post by Human Joist » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Yeah I agree. A simple little fix for a tiny problem. But as its in contact with your foot it feels much worse. Pedals and steering wheel are the bits that need to feel right. Which is why once that's sorted it time for alacantra steering wheel too

Return to “MRC Tuning”