Today's visit

http://www.MRCTuning.com - MRC Tuning Limited is based in Banbury, Oxfordshire. They pride themselves on their technical knowledge and ability to do all mapping in house. Dougal Bennet and Mihnea Cotet opened the UK business in 2005.
frank
1st Gear

Today's visit

Post by frank » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:13 pm

Popped into MRC for a healthcheck earlier.

Car made 393ps and 440nm standard engine with just a Milltek cat back. Doug seemed happy with the engine and I thought rather than keep spending money on things like decoke (doug said didn't really need one just yet) and de cat I just went for a map while I was there.

The actual difference in the pre map and post map was mainly there is decent power in the 1 2 and 3 gears from around 3200rpm ish rather than way back at 5500rpm. The actual power increase wasn't noticable but for someone that likes track I can imagine i will be changing gear alot less than I was. The sport mode is vicious on the throttle too, barely tickle it and its full throttle versus a now very lazy sport mode off, sitting in traffic throttle.

Came out with 411ps and 457nm.

Apparently there could be another 40ps or so with decoke and decat but for now it is just a little more than I wanted to spend. Pretty chuffed.

Could have done with more coffees though!
MRC-TTS Supercharged B7 RS4.

ashy
1st Gear

Re: Today's visit

Post by ashy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Sounds like a great visit all round :thumbs:
Can i ask how much that lot was? :oops:

frank
1st Gear

Re: Today's visit

Post by frank » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:45 pm

Hi mate it was £650. Only had the health check and map there though