MRC, you don't need anybody else!

http://www.MRCTuning.com - MRC Tuning Limited is based in Banbury, Oxfordshire. They pride themselves on their technical knowledge and ability to do all mapping in house. Dougal Bennet and Mihnea Cotet opened the UK business in 2005.
Mr Footlong
Cruising

MRC, you don't need anybody else!

Post by Mr Footlong » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:11 am

*** This is intended for all the Newbies coming on here :bigwave: who don't yet know about MRC Tuning. Get to know them is my advice! ***

Yes, bit of a butt-kissing post from me but I honestly love these guys and would happily have their babies if I could.

I became aware of MRC Tuning almost as soon as I bought my C5 RS6 in late 2011. The car was great but needed "more". After chatting with Doug I handed over the keys for a few weeks and picked her up on Christmas Eve, Doug came in just so that I could get my baby. The difference was absolutely astounding. Silky smooth, beautiful roar and a transformed power/torque delivery!

2.5 years on and she has only gone from strength to strength, through MRC's guidance, patience, attention to detail and quality of work. Not one single fault, just get in the car, turn the key, warm her up, then plant the pedal wherever possible :FIREdevil:. Rinse & repeat. I have thought about selling her a couple of times (normally after not driving her for a while as the other half has stolen her from me) but I give her a run, then slap myself for thinking such utter foolishness, such is the end result of the MRC experience.

I bought madam a Seat Lean Cupra R 225 BAM that was absolutely brilliant to drive but severely lacked punch in 6th gear imo, did my head in. Keys handed over to MRC with a box of mods thrown in by me for good measure, wand waved by them and she came back transformed. Absolute torque monster. Effortlessly pulled in all gears and performance in 6th was transformed. At 60mph in 6th, you could come off the accelerator and she would pull herself along at the speed! The other half was crying when she got out of the car for the first time after the MRC magic, as it terrified her at first, it was that much faster.

I bought Madam a S3 about 6 months later and made the Leon my company car for the hell of it. I absolutely hammered the car at every opportunity as it was that fast and fun, surprising and beating off pretty well everything I came across on the roads. Guess what? The Cupra was flawless mechanically once again despite all the upgrades and unending abuse given to her by my right foot.

For the S3, I made a big mistake. I knew that while MRC did work on the 1.8T BAM series cars still, it was becoming more of a lottery for them as there were a lot of dog-tired ones about, it made things more of a tuning lottery without taking them apart to make sure the customer didn't get any nasty surprises or an unimpressive remap result. I decided to hand the car to a certain outfit in Essex that were "renowned" for their work with the 1.8T engines. Hmm, end result after a similar box of mods wasn't a patch on the Cupra, had nowhere near the torque/performance of the Cupra, had a valley of death power delivery compared to the Cupra and just felt wrong/not massively happy. I had my suspicions that she was running a bit lean.

Madam put up with the S3 for about 9 months until we couldn't take it any more and guess what, MRC to the rescue again. They picked the car apart, found a ton of little things that needed sorting, mapped it to their satisfaction and gave her back to us. The grin on madam's face said it all to me. The car went from strength to strength post-MRC and felt a million times smoother/better and the power delivery was hugely improved.

I treated the other half to a RS4 B7 in Feb but quickly realised that after she slipped off the clutch and reversed the 4 in to a wall on the first day at a fair old rate and that she had fallen in love with the 6's slushbox, the B7 was now mine.....

If I wasn't in the middle of purchasing my first house I would have been all over MRC to book this car in as she is screaming out for the MRC touch :(.

Whether it is for servicing, health checking, dyno running, modding it "like you hate it", or just not being a girl and getting your pride & joy remapped to realise the full potential, don't mess around, give MRC a call. I genuinely believe that you will be in great hands with Doug, Mihnea, Ben, Stuart and the gang.

There you go, a few minutes of your lives that you won't get back.

TL;DR - MRC Tuning, totes amazeballs.

/edit, fixed a few typos...
Last edited by Mr Footlong on Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

John Johnson
5th Gear

Re: MRC, you don't need anybody else!

Post by John Johnson » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:31 am

You creep ! :thumbs:
They did my old s2 ... That went well :thumbs:
Current toys in the garage
B7 avant in Daytona with ceramics and a few other goodies and lowwwww miles :-)
Ur quattro. lago Blue
Ur quattro. Mars red

Rs1600i
Transit custom sportvan

http://youtu.be/FWBUl7oT9sA

Mr Footlong
Cruising

Post by Mr Footlong » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:34 am

I just like giving credit where credit is due dear boy and I still can't break their sh!t.
Current:

"Brutus"- C5 RS6 Avant - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats - Wagner ICs - PSS9 - H&R ARBs - OZ Superturismo LM - C6 Custom brakes - HD RNS-E - Various other bits - 555PS/832Nm

Gone:
"Taz"- C7 RS6 - MRC stage 2 - Milltek non-res + 100 cell cats, uprated fuel pumps, race plugs, 745PS/1095Nm
12' Cayenne Turbo, B7 RS4, S3, Cupra R, XJR, EVO VII, STI8,5,2&WRX, 106 GTI&XSI, other crap.

John Johnson
5th Gear

Post by John Johnson » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:37 am

Wish they were closer quite frankly .
Current toys in the garage
B7 avant in Daytona with ceramics and a few other goodies and lowwwww miles :-)
Ur quattro. lago Blue
Ur quattro. Mars red

Rs1600i
Transit custom sportvan

http://youtu.be/FWBUl7oT9sA

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:11 am

Wait til they breath on your B7. That sport mode is great, shame it didn't come like that from the factory.

hlbeckley
4th Gear

Post by hlbeckley » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:21 pm

Wish they could tune over the web, sucks for us foreigners

the cueball
2nd Gear

Post by the cueball » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:23 pm

yeah, they are good guys...

a long way to go from glasgow for me, but well worth it.

:thumbs:

S4Player
Top Gear

Post by S4Player » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:02 pm

the cueball wrote:yeah, they are good guys...

a long way to go from glasgow for me, but well worth it.

:thumbs:
I used to just have mines transported works out about the same when factoring in petrol digs etc. Takes away the inconvenience of time of work etc
1*** hp TTE C6 rs6 saloon and the ultimate WB B5

rogek
Neutral

Post by rogek » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:45 am

Drove over from the netherlands to MRC with my B5 S4.

i think that already made my statement ;)
Es gibt etwas, das noch mehr Spaß macht als ein Turbo. Zwei
- '99 Audi S4 Saloon LY7M MRC Mapped 362.8PK/561NM

hlbeckley
4th Gear

Post by hlbeckley » Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:56 am

rogek wrote:Drove over from the netherlands to MRC with my B5 S4.

i think that already made my statement ;)
Can anyone recommend a good multi surface 19" tyre? Gonna need then for my drive from Johannesburg

tartan_rob
Cruising

Post by tartan_rob » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:52 pm

As usual the guys at MRC are spot on. They have fettled or worked on 7 of my Audi's. Having known Doug for 14 years, I will not go anywhere else and I trust them implicitly to work on my cars.......they will do no more than is required.

Whatever you need, even if just honest feedback, they are top. :beerchug:
2017 Kawasaki Z1000
2014 RS6
2014 S1

Brooner
Cruising

Post by Brooner » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:17 am

I would fully agree the only niggle is its a 8 hour drive but well worth it as there is no one in Jockland that I would let fettele my RS4
2018 B9 RS4 Navarra Blue
2013 B8 RS4 Sepang Blue
2007 B7 RS4 Avant Sprint Blue
2001 B5 RS4 Nogaro Blue
1998 B5 S4 Avant Kingfisher Blue
1993 B4 S2 Avant laser Red

neilparf
Cruising

Post by neilparf » Sat May 17, 2014 10:11 am

I purchased my RS4 late November 2013. Read much on here about the 'MRC" treatment and February 2014 I was driving back from Banbury after several train journeys (but driving from the Netherlands my journey pales into insignificance) with a full Carbon clean, Stage 2 Map, de-flap, new HEL brake lines, Racing blue fluid and new oil with the biggest smile on my face. My car was literally transformed.

Make the effort, not just for mapping, clean etc. but anything RS related and even problem diagnosis.

Doug and the boys; their RS Kung Fu is damn fine!
Gone but never forgotten:
2007 RS4 B7 Saloon, Metallic Silver with SS+.
LED's all round and Dectane LED tailights. KDS detail and paint. Lepsons black chrome, heavy on the silver wheels. JCWeldFab full system - valved and no pre-cats. MRC stage 2, de-flap and full carbon clean - 438PS and 489NM. HEL brake lines. H&R Spacers. Gtechniq C1 and EXO V2 coatings. 2010+ RNS-E. On the MRC dyno: http://youtu.be/y_k0VJ2--y8

longman h
4th Gear

Post by longman h » Tue May 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Well I will soon be experiencing the MRC magic on Friday as the 6 is in for an inspection, healthcheck and tranny service just to make sure everything's working as it should.

Ben has been pretty damn good with the correspondence which is a breath of fresh air. :thumbs:
Daytona Grey C6 RS6 Avant
Ebony Black C5 RS6 Plus - Gone

carlssonaero
1st Gear

Post by carlssonaero » Tue May 01, 2018 1:51 pm

Did you not worry about your gboX in moding the rs6c5
I have a nice one. More power would be nice but would worry bout the box. It's been rebuilt 35 k ago and had a g box service about 10k ago you say it's smooth . Mine is not smooth if you put your foot down a bit too far at 70 as you get a double kick down and a very rude shove forward

Return to “MRC Tuning”