Audi Driver International 2018 (Sat 13th Oct)

Organise and discuss trackdays and meets
pule333
5th Gear

Re: Audi Driver International 2018 (Sat 13th Oct)

Post by pule333 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:01 am

FaisalJ wrote:
Banana man wrote:
Jon_J wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:13 am
Guys

Game over right?

We can spend all night flexing muscles about who has the biggest cockImage! The reality is you and I have an RS4, we should be united together. If you feel the RS246 forum is beyond you then I respect your decision to leave. Do so quietly.

It’s interesting to see people sat in the background saying noting until you mention colour then they are all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hold on, you brought us into this :bash: “How come the Nogaro club get prime position? What’s special about them?“ did you forget you wrote that?

You say we should be united but then assume you are more “special” than the edition noggy stand! That doesn’t seem to be very united.
It was a random example.

Damn should have picked on the A2 boys

ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Banana man
1st Gear

Post by Banana man » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:02 am

pule333 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:41 am
Banana man wrote:
bam_bam wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:32 pm

Well you're certainly the little miss insecurity in high-school that ended up with a double G cup boob job. Lemme get this right, you're basing all of this on 'your feelings', yet these guys weren't rude or aggressive?! Were the RS246 guys maybe hanging out together chatting, minding their own business? Perhaps if you weren't so insecure you'd have walked over and said hello. I know I would have, it's really not difficult, what are you, a millennial? Maybe it's difficult if you're on one of your heavy flow days innit.
I've never read such a childish bunch of tosh. The RS246 stand placement is purely political and possibly one compounded by refusal to contribute in resource or finance.
Well I was trying to be polite, of course we came over and said hello, I also looked round all your cars, but you lot came across as a bunch of pompous muppets, who clearly weren’t proper petrol heads and more focused on seeing who can spend the most money on their cars for showmanship more than anything else, you lot turned your nose up at us for some reason we have no idea, considering your the only group to have been like that and that you have previous reputation already says a lot really.

One of your members was trying to belittle one of ours saying he wasn’t driving very fast because he had no flies on his bumper :roll: yet declined the offer of a drive out together and wondered off :assflash:
Wooaahhh.. kick below the belt man where it actually hurts. Image define “proper petrol head” please.
Ps. The amount of dead flys on you bumper is a universal scale of how fast your were going.
Being a “proper petrol head” he should have known that lol.
Pss. Everyone knows sprint blue is the fastest rs4

Psss. What’s your favourite part about B6 RS4?

:lol:
In my eyes a proper petrol head is someone who loves everything about cars or bikes for that matter, and can appreciate something for what it is, regardless of its background.

Favourite part about the b6 RS4 is it’s exclusivity obviously.

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:03 am

Banana man wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:57 am
Jon_J wrote:
Guys

Game over right?

We can spend all night flexing muscles about who has the biggest cockImage! The reality is you and I have an RS4, we should be united together. If you feel the RS246 forum is beyond you then I respect your decision to leave. Do so quietly.

It’s interesting to see people sat in the background saying noting until you mention colour then they are all over it.

Hold on, you brought us into this :bash: “How come the Nogaro club get prime position? What’s special about them?“ did you forget you wrote that?

You say we should be united but then assume you are more “special” than the edition noggy stand! That doesn’t seem to be very united.
These are all valid questions. But the real question is; why do you care so much? Why has this got your Noggy knickers all in a twist?
No matter where you go, there you are.

pule333
5th Gear

Post by pule333 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:10 am

Banana man wrote:
pule333 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:41 am
Banana man wrote: Well I was trying to be polite, of course we came over and said hello, I also looked round all your cars, but you lot came across as a bunch of pompous muppets, who clearly weren’t proper petrol heads and more focused on seeing who can spend the most money on their cars for showmanship more than anything else, you lot turned your nose up at us for some reason we have no idea, considering your the only group to have been like that and that you have previous reputation already says a lot really.

One of your members was trying to belittle one of ours saying he wasn’t driving very fast because he had no flies on his bumper :roll: yet declined the offer of a drive out together and wondered off :assflash:
Wooaahhh.. kick below the belt man where it actually hurts. Image define “proper petrol head” please.
Ps. The amount of dead flys on you bumper is a universal scale of how fast your were going.
Being a “proper petrol head” he should have known that lol.
Pss. Everyone knows sprint blue is the fastest rs4

Psss. What’s your favourite part about B6 RS4?

:lol:
In my eyes a proper petrol head is someone who loves everything about cars or bikes for that matter, and can appreciate something for what it is, regardless of its background.

Favourite part about the b6 RS4 is it’s exclusivity obviously.
Ok I personally know all the guys who went to Wales and they all live and breathe cars, bikes, cycles hell even simulators Image. As Bam said you have your knickers all twisted up mate.
I must apologise on those who attended that trip. They are a bunch of stuck up pompous fuckers.. Image

ilya, photographer http://www.ikrylov.com

RS4 B7 aka Vinnie
AMD stage2|De-coked|GruppeM|CAF|Eibach arbs|BilsteinB14|Goodridge hoses|DS3000|phaeton brake ducts|Led tail lights|Trups DTRL|LED interior|JcWeldFab|034 motorsport endlinks, mounts and bushings|ECS Differential Mount|JHM short shift|JHM intake spacers|8/10mm H&R|R2D2 10" sub and AMP|Corbeau seats|4point harness

Banana man
1st Gear

Post by Banana man » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:11 am

FaisalJ wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:44 am
Banana man wrote:
FrazerD wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:48 pm
I’m relatively new here so can I ask what all this “stigma” is? Or is it too long a story to get into?

Cheers :thumbs:
Well my personal experience at wales was I felt as if rs246 members where looking down at us as lesser people, at first I thought it was just me but some of the other members of edition noggy also agreed with my feelings, they where quite closed as individuals too which emphasised the initial feelings, they weren’t rude or aggressive but they also weren’t welcoming either.

My limited knowledge is that other people in the car community have either had the same experience or have heard the rumours at a guess.
I know most of the guys that went on that trip (although I wasn’t there).

There is one bell-end that was in that group.

Otherwise, it’s a nice group of blokes. Your impression was wrong.

I’ve made a number of mates off this forum, and have been helped out a number of times with various things.

The thing that’s a bit different to some other forums is the humour. Most people on here don’t take themselves too seriously, and take the piss out of each other a fair bit. Some people don’t get on with that.

Where in the country are you? Let’s sort a Boxhill meet in the calendar (where Simon?) and come down and say hello. I’ve always wanted to meet banana man...loved that cartoon.

Birmingham, I go to the SRS buddies meet quite a lot if your ever over that way?

I’m well versed in a bit of banter :lol: and it would be nice to be proven wrong, I enjoy talking crap with anyone as long as they are on the same level.

Banana man
1st Gear

Post by Banana man » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:28 am

bam_bam wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:03 am
Banana man wrote:
Jon_J wrote:
Guys

Game over right?

These are all valid questions. But the real question is; why do you care so much? Why has this got your Noggy knickers all in a twist?
The same reason you do, you put some effort into your own reply’s too.

we are a tight group of friends that have put a lot of effort into our club, we stick together, regardless of if there was intention on the original comment, it was a bit crappy to say, we where just backing our side or fighting our corner so to speak.

Maybe at the next show we should all just meet up and clear the air and get off on a better footing as I’m sure we’ll be bumping into each other quite a lot at shows from now on :thumb:

And for reference, I just like the colour :lol: I don’t think it’s superior and I had no idea on its background when I picked my first noggy up :lol: it does grow on you though :bash:

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:30 am

Banana man wrote:
Jon_J wrote:
Guys

Game over right?

Why did you get so offended by this statement? Its a valid question. The only way I can see someone taking offence by that is if they actually think they ARE special. So, how come you got a better position? What is special about you? Remember, the question wasn't aimed at you, but at the organisers. The answer is there is nothing special about your club. Sorry if that offends you. But as far as I'm aware, it is a fairly recent club (is it a club? Or Facebook group? Or forum? Sorry I don't know) whereas this forum has been going for a long time and been supporting the ADI event most years in good numbers. Not unreasonable to think we should get a half decent plot. Obviously the organisers don't agree, sounds like you don't think much of us either. Which begs the question, what are you doing reading this? All are welcome of course, regardless of the colour of you car.

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:35 am

Banana man wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:11 am
FaisalJ wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:44 am
Banana man wrote:
Well my personal experience at wales was I felt as if rs246 members where looking down at us as lesser people, at first I thought it was just me but some of the other members of edition noggy also agreed with my feelings, they where quite closed as individuals too which emphasised the initial feelings, they weren’t rude or aggressive but they also weren’t welcoming either.

My limited knowledge is that other people in the car community have either had the same experience or have heard the rumours at a guess.
I know most of the guys that went on that trip (although I wasn’t there).

There is one bell-end that was in that group.

Otherwise, it’s a nice group of blokes. Your impression was wrong.

I’ve made a number of mates off this forum, and have been helped out a number of times with various things.

The thing that’s a bit different to some other forums is the humour. Most people on here don’t take themselves too seriously, and take the piss out of each other a fair bit. Some people don’t get on with that.

Where in the country are you? Let’s sort a Boxhill meet in the calendar (where Simon?) and come down and say hello. I’ve always wanted to meet banana man...loved that cartoon.

Birmingham, I go to the SRS buddies meet quite a lot if your ever over that way?

I’m well versed in a bit of banter :lol: and it would be nice to be proven wrong, I enjoy talking crap with anyone as long as they are on the same level.
From 1 brummie to another. Trust me I know all of the guys you are referring too and you couldn’t be further away than the truth. Seriously I think you may have bumped your head and may have remembered things a little differently cause these blokes you’re talking about are the perfect example of thoroughbred “Living and breathing petrolheads” and personally speaking you could not meet a more pleasant group of people.
Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

FrazerD
4th Gear

Post by FrazerD » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:31 am

Well I enjoyed reading all that before bed, it amused me and I’m glad I have a bit of background about the “stigma” :roll:

I’m glad I joined RS246, it’s a little quiet at times but I suppose that means you can get to know individuals rather than a lot of random folk. I’m also not into all this Facebook pish and hash tagging #everysinglefuckingword. I have learnt a hell of an amount and some very knowledgable folk willing to help. The banter also suits my liking, you’ve got to have a laugh in life.

Looking forward to meeting some of you next year, hopefully I’ll bump into Dave and his supercar too :boohoo:

Cheers :thumbs:

TechNick
5th Gear

Post by TechNick » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:57 am

Wow, what a bizarre 'discussion' this has been. A Psychologist's wet dream, no doubt!

Apparently, there are over 19,000 members to rs246. That's a lot of individuals/personalities!

No way can any sweeping generalisation of character actually accurately apply to that many people.

No way can the actions of any individual (or small group of individuals) be representative of the opinions or character traits of so many, including those suggesting they can in the first place (by virtue of being a member themselves!).

Even assuming every member has a common interest in the subject matter itself (i.e. Audi S/RS/R vehicles), is flawed - anyone can 'join' this forum. You don't have to perfectly fit a specific psychological profile before you're allowed in. You don't even have to be an owner of said vehicles. In fact you don't even need to be a real person - even spam 'bots' can (and seemingly do) join!

The make/model/variant (and colour!) of a car does not define you.

Stepping out of one car and getting into another does not inherently alter your personality in the process.

Please, on today of all days, don't try to create division where there really isn't any.

chunky79
Cruising

Post by chunky79 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:40 am

I saw a YouTube video yesterday of a 61 plate Noggy (think it was noggy) S4 chasing another car and then smashing their windscreen! Plate ended in something like KHW?

Can't sleep, so thought I'd just throw that in here.

If this thread does carry on today, don't forget the minute silence guys :thumbs:
previous- Pug 205 gti, 306 gti, 309 gti Goodwood.
Audi S3, S4 V8 avant.
Porsche Macan Turbo.
Gone but NEVER forgotten - C5 RS6 Misano red avant.

Now - Empty garage

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there!

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:19 am

Banana man wrote:
Jon_J wrote:
Guys

Game over right?

I thought I had been over this. It could have been anyone. I just picked a stand in the middle of the show ground and asked what was so special and what did they have that we didn’t. It’s not a negative comment in anyway?

I haven’t dragged anyone into anything.

RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

josedebardi
2nd Gear

Post by josedebardi » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:29 am

Surrey Sam wrote:Makes me chuckle when the 'Edition Noggy' URL from their twatter link is invalid, and this forum is the first Google hit when you type in Noggy RS4. Hey at least we've learned that sticking some motorway maintenance lights on our cars, when driving out to events such as these. Does at least wet the magazine editors panties, because #properpetrolheads.
Website works fine thanks, Twitter seem to do something odd with their analytics in the link. But frankly I couldn’t care less about Twitter!

Out of interest why did you contact the FB page asking about Nogaro Edition’s?
You’ve clearly formed your opinion of us, yet want to know more?
We know some people don’t care for Noggy, but equally, as proved by our existence, lots do! Don’t think there’s any reason to be rude about it/us.

As for Wales-Gate;
While Banana Man is walking round with a shotgun (that’s his way!), I will say this;
We approached the guys with a “Oh cool, more Audi’s” attitude ,and got back a “Oh look, idiots with slow, old blue Audi’s” attitude.
This wasn’t just one person either. I walked away thinking how sad it was that if I’d been in my brand new RS3 (not Noggy) I’d likely have got a better welcome. As I said before, some don’t get the Noggy thing and that’s fine, but regardless of this, you can still choose not to look down your nose at any fellow Audi enthusiast IMO.
As previously said, that is the stigma this forum has had for a while, and on that day seemed to be upheld! I guess stereotypes exist for a reason, no smoke without fire n all that.
I’m sure if you are accepted into the 246 clan they are all lovely guys (which explains the defence’s offered above), but if you are not driving an acceptable machine then that’s not what you get it seems.

Audi S8 D2 Nogaro Blue "Pace Car"
Audi TT 8N Cab Nogaro Blue
Hyundai Tucson Polar White
Audi RS3 8V Panther Black "Baggy" (sold)
Audi S1 8X Vegas Yellow "Bumblebeast" (sold)
Audi SQ5 8R Glacier White (sold)
VCDS Genuine Rosstech USB-HEX+CAN Owner - PM if you want any coding/mods done in Dorset in exchange for beer/money :roll:

bam_bam
Cruising

Post by bam_bam » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:04 am

josedebardi wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:29 am
Surrey Sam wrote:Makes me chuckle when the 'Edition Noggy' URL from their twatter link is invalid, and this forum is the first Google hit when you type in Noggy RS4. Hey at least we've learned that sticking some motorway maintenance lights on our cars, when driving out to events such as these. Does at least wet the magazine editors panties, because #properpetrolheads.
Website works fine thanks, Twitter seem to do something odd with their analytics in the link. But frankly I couldn’t care less about Twitter!

Out of interest why did you contact the FB page asking about Nogaro Edition’s?
You’ve clearly formed your opinion of us, yet want to know more?
We know some people don’t care for Noggy, but equally, as proved by our existence, lots do! Don’t think there’s any reason to be rude about it/us.

As for Wales-Gate;
While Banana Man is walking round with a shotgun (that’s his way!), I will say this;
We approached the guys with a “Oh cool, more Audi’s” attitude ,and got back a “Oh look, idiots with slow, old blue Audi’s” attitude.
This wasn’t just one person either. I walked away thinking how sad it was that if I’d been in my brand new RS3 (not Noggy) I’d likely have got a better welcome. As I said before, some don’t get the Noggy thing and that’s fine, but regardless of this, you can still choose not to look down your nose at any fellow Audi enthusiast IMO.
As previously said, that is the stigma this forum has had for a while, and on that day seemed to be upheld! I guess stereotypes exist for a reason, no smoke without fire n all that.
I’m sure if you are accepted into the 246 clan they are all lovely guys (which explains the defence’s offered above), but if you are not driving an acceptable machine then that’s not what you get it seems.

If you know some people don’t care for Noggy, but equally, as proved by your little group's existence, that lots do! Then fcuk off and focus on those people, this banging on about how your feelings are hurt is pitiful. Are you all feeling a little blue? Do you need a little hug?

The 'shotgun' Banana-brain is walking around with is dribbling cringy butthurt feelings. If you actually think he's championing your cause and doing a great as your frontman, then you Noggy guys are delusional.
What is interesting here, is all of the RS246er's that were on that Wales encounter took no issue with your group at at the time, they're genuinely shocked that you've come back with how you felt you treated during the 'meeting'. But now, after all your bitching on this matter, their true opinion of you lot is now based your posts here, you've come across like a bunch of moany millennials, so, well done on that, what a way to represent!
Please keep it up, I've never seen a group hang themselves in public with such vigor before, it's very entertaining.
No matter where you go, there you are.

Eddie555
Cruising

Post by Eddie555 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:07 am

[quote=josedebardi post_id=900921 time=1541924968 user_id

[/quote]

How have you come to this conclusion? I’m a regular on here and I don’t own a RS/S in fact as per my Sig I even have a Renault. My daily is a gigantic bus and my Mrs is a big fat lard arse and to top it off I’ve got squint eyes and yellow skin. Now explain to me how come I seem to be accepted into RS246 and have made quite a few friends and yet the Nogaro crew seem to have a problem? Could it be that I don’t take life too seriously and I don’t give a monkeys who looks down their noses at whatever the occasion? You Noggy guys are far too sensitive. Chill the Fcuk out.
Current ride’s
Q7 Floret Silver Black Edition On 22’s (2018)
Renault Clio 172 Cup. (Babe the track pig)

Previous rides
SQ5 Glacier white( 2016 65reg)
RS6 avant C7 Daytona Grey 2015 facelift. The one I waved goodbye to!!
2013: Q7 3.0 tdi s/line plus ibis white (13reg)
2012: S5 cabriolet glacier white (62 reg)
2011: RS4 saloon B7. Avus (57 reg)

Return to “Trackdays and Meets”