audis in the park 10

Organise and discuss trackdays and meets
Lukes3
4th Gear

audis in the park 10

Post by Lukes3 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:45 pm

I know its early in the year but i missed out on taking my rs4 to every show/meet last year so Im trying this year lol
Will there be a rs246 stand like last year? Because we have to buy tickets first now for fast tracking
Current-saloon rs4,Full decat Xpipe miltek,cold air feed,BMC air filter, TTS supercharged, MRC stage 3 L/C F/S,hell s+s brake lines,AP racing rotors + vagbremtechnic bells, kw v3s clifford 650mk2

Gone-audi s3 8p stage2+ with loba lo400 turbo.

Ian_C
Cruising

Re: audis in the park 10

Post by Ian_C » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:54 am

Yes, there will be a stand. There is absolutely no rush to buy tickets - over the preceding few years you have been able to buy advance tickets until about two or three weeks before, or simply pay on the gate. Even if the organisers stop tickets on the gate to allow them to get the cars on site faster (an issue last year) you have until July to buy an advanced ticket.
B5 B6 B7 B9

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 pm

All the money on the door normally goes to the venue so it is in the organisers interest to make sure advance ticket sales are available for as long as possible. Normally this is 2 to 3 weeks before the event to make sure everyone needs gets theirs tickets in time through the post.
If they allowed you to print your own ticket then in theory you could still sell advance tickets right up to the day before.

Ian_C
Cruising

Post by Ian_C » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:09 pm

MikeFish wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:30 pm
All the money on the door normally goes to the venue so it is in the organisers interest to make sure advance ticket sales are available for as long as possible. Normally this is 2 to 3 weeks before the event to make sure everyone needs gets theirs tickets in time through the post.
If they allowed you to print your own ticket then in theory you could still sell advance tickets right up to the day before.
May have been the case at Billing, but definitely not the case with the new venue, its just a field after all! I paid on the gate and gave my money to one of the AITP girls. But yes they are correct to action some changes to try and prevent a repeat of last year, cars backed up onto the road, I believe you got caught in it badly Mike?

Had a read of the website earlier after I posted the above: They are saying tickets will be available on the gate, but only after 10am - before that its advanced ticket only

Good idea on printing tickets, but that would involve barcode scanners I guess, a whole load of costs they don't want?
B5 B6 B7 B9

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:54 pm

Might be interested. Had a good time a couple of years ago.
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

MikeFish
Cruising

Post by MikeFish » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:19 pm

DavidRS4 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:54 pm
Might be interested. Had a good time a couple of years ago.
You mean you won a top 10 award.

DavidRS4
4th Gear

Post by DavidRS4 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:14 pm

Well there is that, but it was good to meet you all. We had by far the best cars on our stand.
B7 RS4 Saloon, Phantom Black, Forge Oil Cooler Kit, 20 x 10.5j Vossens, Carbon Front Splitter, KW V3 Coilovers, Adjustable Front Arms, 20mm Spacers, Revolution Carbon Air Box, Rear 4 Pot Porsche Brake Conversion, Stud & Nut Kit, Milltek Non Res Non Valved Exhaust, RS6 Gloss Black Grill, Slightly Tinted Windows, JH Motorsports Stage 3R Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel, Robnic Braided Clutch Line. JH Motorsports Lightweight Grooved F & R Rotors with Braided Hoses and Hawk Pads

Jon_J
5th Gear

Post by Jon_J » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:52 pm

I see they are changing a few things this year. (for the better). More toilets but more importantly they are changing the ticket process. There are now three types of ticket:

Non Club ticket (people coming in an Audi and therefore in Audi parking but not on a stand in the central display, they still class this car park as part of the show though)
Club Ticket (people in an Audi on a club stand)
Non Audi ticket (people coming to the show in a <beep> car ;-))

They have done this so nearer the time they have numbers for who needs to be where, they will then have multiple ticket gates set up and I guess if 70% are on a club stand open up most as club entry and have less for no club entry to try and get them in faster. It will also help them allocate parking on the field preventing huge clubs being crammed into tiny spaces.

They are also offering fast track tickets this year although my worry is the tickets are only £8 anyway, even if they doubled the price for Fast Track most people would go for that option and the fast track just becomes normal (EasyJet)

Be good to start planning for this year, we spoke last year about having a club BBQ, setting it out a little better, a straight line seemed a bit naff, Gazeebo in case it rains (Been lucky the last few years), choosing a best club car that could form the centre of the stand that sort of thing. Be really good to get some good numbers there too this year.

Any thoughts?
RS4 B7 Sprint Blue
- Titanium Pack
- Black Optics
- B16's
- RNSE2 with AMI
- Reverse Camera
- Full Stereo install

S5 8T Cab White
S4 B7 Phantom Black (gone but not forgotten)
A4 B7 Avant 2.7 TDI Brilliant Red
A5 Cab 3.0 TDI Phantom Black

Return to “Trackdays and Meets”