Anyone running a cheap track car?

Organise and discuss trackdays and meets
FaisalJ
Top Gear

Re: Anyone running a cheap track car?

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:25 pm

No damage done really - I think the wheels are fine. The Tyres popped off the rim when we hit the kerb side on, whilst going backwards! I’m yet to try to inflate them, but the bead could be ripped - I needed an excuse to buy some rainsports anyway

I was dropping a lot of gravel for a while, and it had finally died down - when I managed to overcook it, have a wobble (it was quite wet at this point, and we’d had to go back to the semi-slicks), then go headlong back into the gravel! Muppet. Nothing too spectacular, and didn’t go too far - so I could just reverse out.

Unfortunately Nicole came off worse today - but I should let Doug tell you about that. Could’ve been nasty, but luckily he wasn’t hurt.

The marshalls were busy fishing people out of that same gravel trap all day. The recovery lorry driver said he did 17 rescues last week on a wet trackday, and his record is 23!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

FaisalJ
Top Gear

Anyone running a cheap track car?

Post by FaisalJ » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:37 pm

1781cc wrote:Noooo! Is it just a wheel? Where was this? Not donny?
Nah - Brands

Coming down the hill after Paddock, rear end broke free and started coming round - he tried to catch it but no good - and off we went! Both Tyres on the driver side came off the rims.

The guy in the car behind reckons he got it on video - keeping an eye out for it on YouTube.

2007 RS4 B7 Avant
Phantom Black | Black Optics | MRC Stage 2 | JC Weldfab Exhaust | KW V3 coilovers | H&R ARBs | 20" Ispiri ISR-8 | Titanium wing mirrors | Driving Passion Diffuser | CF Air Intake | Manifold deflap | Alcantara/leather retrim | TT RS Steering Wheel | Pioneer Apple Carplay HU, JL amp and sub, Focal components | Clear Headlight Lenses, Black Internals, 6000K Bulbs | Trups LEDs | LED Tail lights |

FaisalJ
Top Gear

Post by FaisalJ » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:36 pm

The vid of my nephew’s spin is online!

https://youtu.be/8CUVrcCs3HA

3:08

2007 RS4 B7 Avant

1781cc
3rd Gear

Post by 1781cc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:12 pm

Classic outside white line spin in the rain!

Return to “Trackdays and Meets”